UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Exclusives?

Valo487

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Greece we have it as a saying: Η ελπίδα πεθαίνει τελευταία. Hope dies last.

Not to Necro within a still active thread (is that even possible?! Anything goes at the multiverse, baby!) but I LOVE the way that is phrased so much it inspired me to make this:

post-1897-0-10019500-1338610991_thumb.pn

mean? maybe a little, but truthful? probably, and Kratos-ified? ABSOLUTELY!

Lets see.....Bananas.....

Banana Splits song played while Hit-Girl was fighting bad guys. Plus sequel has been announced.

It's Kick-Ass minimates!

(just kidding - I know it's not an '80's property)

I wish they would make Kick-Ass Minimates. :(

Here in Greece we have it as a saying: Η ελπίδα πεθαίνει τελευταία. Hope dies last.

Not to Necro within a still active thread (is that even possible?! Anything goes at the multiverse, baby!) but I LOVE the way that is phrased so much it inspired me to make this:

post-1897-0-10019500-1338610991_thumb.pn

mean? maybe a little, but truthful? probably, and Kratos-ified? ABSOLUTELY!

That is going to be my new signature!! Thank you kind sir!!!

EDIT:I can't use the image,a board message appears and it won't let me use it.:confused:

Edited by Kostisfire

Hmm hints. Ok 80's and Banana's.

Its a Bananarama pack (80's UK pop group) We all know it was female peer pressure that got the Seeking Susan pack made maybe they are Bananarama fans as well.

I hope everyone realises I'm not being serious about this at all :teehee:

How's about just one community thread for all off topic talk.

I'm not exactly sure that this thread was derailed intentionally ...that's the way it goes isn't it ?

The reality is that there was & is no news about SDCC & plenty of speculation & I,for one,set aside some time during the day to talk bollocks tinged with a tincture of seriousness....& I shall continue to do so.

If we're confined to.... yawn....'staying completely on topic' let's cancel speculative threads completely,wait for the official news & then comment......whoopeydo sounds like fun :rolleyes: Now I'm not saying that off-topicing isn't irritating when there IS some news but until then I treat the banter as ads before the main event.....then I can start moaning again :biggrin:

Hmm hints. Ok 80's and Banana's.

Its a Bananarama pack (80's UK pop group) We all know it was female peer pressure that got the Seeking Susan pack made maybe they are Bananarama fans as well.

I hope everyone realises I'm not being serious about this at all :teehee:

It truly shall be a cruel, cruel summer.

So are there three hints out there so far:

1. Bananas

2. 1980's

3. I think I remember hearing someone saying something about how no humans are involved?

Is this just for the SDCC Exclusive or a whole new line?

For the record, "bananas" was never a clue, just me getting excited and liking early Woody Allen.

And, for the record, where did anyone say 1980s and non-human? Was that in the chat as well? Where are people getting this random information?

Announcement will be Monday at 11:00 am. It will apparently be bananas.

No, I said the AFX exclusive sets were bananas. The Monday announcement is for the DST/Previews items, not AFX. AFX will announce theirs later.

No, I said the AFX exclusive sets were bananas.

Wait, I'm confused, they were bananas, but now they're not bananas anymore? Wha?

So are there three hints out there so far:

1. Bananas

2. 1980's

3. I think I remember hearing someone saying something about how no humans are involved?

Is this just for the SDCC Exclusive or a whole new line?

For the record, "bananas" was never a clue, just me getting excited and liking early Woody Allen.

And, for the record, where did anyone say 1980s and non-human? Was that in the chat as well? Where are people getting this random information?

The 80s hint was in the chat room. Luke said he had a listing I think about one of the AFX exclusives and said that it was a 4pack from a new line. The theme was from the 80s so I said that it was either tmnt or he man. But then he said he thought that the line doesn't have any human characters but he wasn't a big fan of the franchise so he can't really be sure.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Fraggle Rock...

No humans...

From the 80s...

Wembly wore a Banana shirt...

And I know through personal experience with my own company that Henson has shopped around for Fraggle Rock merchandising opportunities. They no longer own Sesame Street or The Muppets, but they still have the Fraggle license.

I'm probably wrong, but I figure what the hell... on the the tiny chance I'm right, I'll end up looking like a friggin' genius... lolz...

Edited by Gillbob316

How's about just one community thread for all off topic talk.

I'm not exactly sure that this thread was derailed intentionally ...that's the way it goes isn't it ?

The reality is that there was & is no news about SDCC & plenty of speculation & I,for one,set aside some time during the day to talk bollocks tinged with a tincture of seriousness....& I shall continue to do so.

If we're confined to.... yawn....'staying completely on topic' let's cancel speculative threads completely,wait for the official news & then comment......whoopeydo sounds like fun :rolleyes: Now I'm not saying that off-topicing isn't irritating when there IS some news but until then I treat the banter as ads before the main event.....then I can start moaning again :biggrin:

I really should have quoted these 2 below, before I posted my comment. (my post was top of next page)

I have no issues with on topic or off topic, my comment was just a suggestion to their discussion.

Just wanted that to be clear.

So, hey, I like reading through a bunch of completely unrelated stuff to find grains of information about a thread topic as much as the next guy, but all this talk about bananas got me thinking:

What if the first person in on a given day started a "Today's Thread," on which people could just go to shoot the shit. Kind of like a chat room you don't have to stay logged into. Next day, new thread. That way, we can preserve the spontaneity and bonhomie of our little jam sessions, and if someone isn't into the soup of the day, he or she can go to the thread about what he or she is into and, you know, find out about that thing.

:thumbsup:

You make a signifigant amount of sense, Lobster. Enforcement might be difficult at first, though. But I would follow that rule.

Oh, i don't think it's really about enforcement. There would inevitably be information exchanged about con exclusives or new waves or what have you in the Thread of the Day, which is fine. I'm just thinking about how someone who isn't on the board all day, then comes on at 5 o'clock, clicks into the SDCC Exclusive thread, and has to wade through 12 pages of bananarama to find out nothing was announced today.

There seems to be a demand (and rightly so!) for a place to hang out and riff with like-minded people, sometimes on-topic, sometimes not. Like the chatroom, which I would be in all day if I didn't have to work. This is just a concept for a "soft" chatroom, I guess. Kind of like the old RTM buzz board, where it was just one long, fun stream of consciousness conversation you could jump into or out of at any time.

Woody Allen box set is gonna rock over London. Bananas dictator, Sleeper robot, Manhattan black and white Woody, and Annie Hall color Woody.

I'd buy that and call it best boxset of the year, possibly ever. Not kidding. So, the afx offerings were bananas. I feel like I've been approaching this all wrong.

Edited by Turtle