UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only excited for these?!?!

When I get that note from Luke telling me my order has shipped, then I'll get excited.

Scored a case of Best of 2 and wave 48 from mu comic book shop. I must say both waves look great on initial inspection. Agree about Banner's face looking a little cartoony, but it's fine. His hair on the other hand looks more like Peter Parker's back in the day. I'll see how a spare Rick Grimes hairpiece looks on Bruce and swap it out if it works.

I hope if series 2 sells well that wave 3 shows up next year. I just love the concept of Best of Marvel. Well done DST.

Man, thesesound superb. It's actuallly the Reed that I want the most, with Loki and Hulk running a close second.

Does this Loki look just as keen with the helmet-piece from the first released Loki of old?

Well, it looks nice, though not very comics accurate. I, at least, can't remember Loki wearing a similar helmet.

*cue Miry with multiple examples of Loki wearing a similar helmet*

Man, thesesound superb. It's actuallly the Reed that I want the most, with Loki and Hulk running a close second.

Does this Loki look just as keen with the helmet-piece from the first released Loki of old?

Well, it looks nice, though not very comics accurate. I, at least, can't remember Loki wearing a similar helmet.

*cue Miry with multiple examples of Loki wearing a similar helmet*

Ditch the cape on him and add the old helmet and:

Image%2B19.png

I got all but the Punisher/Deadpool set from my LCS today. These guys are really fun. The Venom/Daredevil set is probably the least exciting, but Venom having the first appearance look underneath is still pretty cool.

Reed & Doom:

post-2133-0-15287500-1359605407_thumb.jppost-2133-0-05088100-1359605409_thumb.jp

Hulk & Loki:

post-2133-0-03861800-1359605405_thumb.jppost-2133-0-99219000-1359605402_thumb.jp

Daredevil & Venom:

post-2133-0-46305000-1359605398_thumb.jppost-2133-0-26176700-1359605400_thumb.jp

And Mini Myte hade mentioned putting a Rick Grimes hairpiece on Banner. I think it looks pretty cool:

post-2133-0-54035600-1359605416_thumb.jp

Am I the only excited for these?!?!

When I get that note from Luke telling me my order has shipped, then I'll get excited.

NOW I'm excited!!

Is it me... Or does Reed have blue boots but black feet?

Can anybody comment on the color similarity between this Reed's blue and the original one we got waaaaay back?

I think (hope) it is a play of the light. My LCS did not order these, so I need to place am order online.

Is it me... Or does Reed have blue boots but black feet?

Can anybody comment on the color similarity between this Reed's blue and the original one we got waaaaay back?

Question 1: I think it's just you. Might want to get your feet looked at. rimshot.gif

Question 2: If you mean the original FF set, it's much lighter. It compares pretty well to the TRU wave 8 one, but I think they might be a shade or two lighter. I suppose I could have compared them before I started typing but... they're all the way upstairs....

After taking a long look at my first Punisher, I decided I don't really need another in the same costume, especially one paired with another Deadpool. This is perfect for newbies but I've got enough of both. I'm passing on Daredevil and Venom for similar reasons. (Never been a big Venom fan despite being really, really impressed with the "Through the Ages" set.)

I did order Reed & Doom and Hulk & Loki. I'm not crazy about the gray armor on Doom so this may serve as a battle-damaged Doombot. I'll find some uses for Reed as well. I'm getting Hulk for Banner even though I've got the original with the Coke-bottle-bottom glasses. And my daughter's a huge fan of Loki thanks to Tom Hiddleston so she'll be thrilled he now has hair.

I probably don't *need* another Punisher.... but i didn't really *need* that croissant with my coffee this morning. Lord knows i wanted it though.

I love the colour scheme on the Best Of Punisher. He's going to be my go-to punisher for display when i get him.