UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

One thing you want to remember about Best of Waves is that they're heavy on part re-use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen any new pieces debut in a best of wave. I realize it's just wishlisting, but the classic Cyclops had the earmuff buttons on his visor. The AVX Cyclops does not, we would need a new piece.

Loki's cape and hairpiece might've been new, not 100% sure.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DST have slipped in a variant of note in each wave ....Green Goblin (1) & Loki (2) .....nothing dramatic but both quite nice.

What chu talkin bout butthead?

......... & if you are seriously querying my observation , feel free to ask me to elaborate .....or just bloody use your eyes.

Like Snow White I get grumpy sometimes ,my apologies for the harshness of the post........wink.png

I had to re-read your post Rob, but initially it read like Green Goblin and Loki each had a production variant (or variation) in the Best Of waves, I think that might have been how zakkatz read it too.

One thing you want to remember about Best of Waves is that they're heavy on part re-use. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we've seen any new pieces debut in a best of wave. I realize it's just wishlisting, but the classic Cyclops had the earmuff buttons on his visor. The AVX Cyclops does not, we would need a new piece.

Loki's cape and hairpiece might've been new, not 100% sure.

Nope. Cape was reused from MVC Thor and hairpiece goes as far back as the first Archangel.

DST have slipped in a variant of note in each wave ....Green Goblin (1) & Loki (2) .....nothing dramatic but both quite nice.

>What chu talkin bout butthead?

......... & if you are seriously querying my observation , feel free to ask me to elaborate .....or just bloody use your eyes.

Like Snow White I get grumpy sometimes ,my apologies for the harshness of the post........wink.png

I had to re-read your post Rob, but initially it read like Green Goblin and Loki each had a production variant (or variation) in the Best Of waves, I think that might have been how zakkatz read it too.

You're right & via PM I have acknowledged that to zakkatz thumbsup.gif

So was GG's satchel new ?

Where else would you store explosives shaped like pumpkins?

.Oh man. Just imagine I said the most politically incorrect thing ever.No, worse than that.Nope, worse than that.Yep, that one. That's what I didn't say. :tongue:

Dude wtf??

I'm all for a best of X Men wave.

90s Storm/Gambit

Juggernaut/X factor Angel

Psylocke (psychic knife and sword)/Astonishing Diamond Emma Frost (basically aVx in transleucent plastic)

Cyclops/Dark Phoenix (mvc design in red, evil eyes)

Well, as an early birthday present I finally picked up a set of Series 2 and I had some pretty distracting QC issues sad.png

First up is Punisher. His white gloves and boots are...blued and pretty dirty. Also he has a wicked scratch on his face and it looks awful. Another thing, his pistol doesn't fit in the holster, which isn't a huge deal but what's the point of a holster then? Especially since the Wave 14 TRU Punisher has the SAME pistol that can fit in the holster.

post-6498-0-46232700-1366929497_thumb.jp

Next up we have Hulk, nothing too bad, he had limbs falling out all over but I dabbed a bit of super glue on him. He still has full articulation at least. The weird problem is the sloppy paint job.

post-6498-0-90257400-1366929613_thumb.jp

These pics aren't the best so bear with my griping, but here's Mr. Fantastic, notice the yellow paint specs on the hair. Again, super easy fix with a dab of paint, but I've never had QC issues before and now I'm making up for it apparently.

post-6498-0-15816900-1366929754_thumb.jp

Last up, another minor problem and easy fix, Loki. His helmet is dirty, and it wouldn't come off, needed a slight dab of paint. That's very unbecoming of you, Loki.

post-6498-0-65748300-1366929816_thumb.jp

I didn't picture Daredevil but his right knee joint is loose and if you just hold him and tilt, he will do a one legged dance. Also, Doom was dusty, as in he literally had dust that I had to wash off. The figure is perfect but that was one of the strangest things I've ever encountered. I'm literally going to buy another set though, for parts and because I'm a sadist and it's almost my birthday don't judge me. sad.png

That being said, I love the series and they should do one, once or twice a year. Don't let this discourage you!

After re-reading Daredevil #3 recently, I came across a potential costume variant that might make sense for a future best of series:

DD3+-+Backpack.jpg

He didn't wear the murse backpack "shoulder pouch" for long but it could be a cool update to the red & yellow suit.

MisterPL : I too would like another Yellow DD variant but if you change the head of the original for something a tad more recent(your choice) then it transforms one the oldest Marvel minimates into something that holds up with most modern stuff . Heads(faces) often date older minimates.

If we do get a new one, let's call him 'Velcro DD' as an homage ......."One of those new contact-type zipper" DD isn't going to catch on too well tongue.png

Politician : that's a shame because you look like you lucked out completely sad.png Mine aren't in front of me but a quick flick to the MMDB shows that your set might be a runt (re: paintwork) although white paint on blue can be hazardous with minimates even a Punisher minimate .

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 months later...