UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Expendables Minimates

all that being bald, the look of a madman, and exciting knife throwing... Statham for Bullseye?

I could go for that. But I'd hate to cast Daredevil himself.

(and I continue to argue that the problem wasn't Afflecks portrayal of DD that was so bad, is was the script that had him acting like a swashbuckling blind lawyer, and a serious minded vigilante, not the other way around)(not saying he was good either)

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all that being bald, the look of a madman, and exciting knife throwing... Statham for Bullseye?

I could go for that. But I'd hate to cast Daredevil himself.

(and I continue to argue that the problem wasn't Afflecks portrayal of DD that was so bad, is was the script that had him acting like a swashbuckling blind lawyer, and a serious minded vigilante, not the other way around)(not saying he was good either)

Actually I would say the biggest problem is the soundtrack. It should have been like Batman, not some stupid rap crap. Makes the movie 1000x better. Still kinda bad, but goes a long way to fixing it.

I think with a movie like Daredevil, it's hard to pinpoint the biggest problem. The cumulative error is such that unquestionably warrants a new movie.

Watching the Expendables is all about expectations. I never would have watched it if 'mates hadn't been announced. So, yeah, my expectations were as low as they can get, and the movie was slightly better than that. I also thought it was pretty funny but not for the intended reasons.

I can officially say that I've now seen Expendables and I wasn't nearly as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I've always found when you set your standards low it's hard for a movie to disappoint. Of course, the whole time I thought about just how cool Minimates will be from it, so thank you, DST, for making an average movie enjoyable.

I was worried that when I finally saw it it would not live up to expectations, since I'd built it up in my mind as the end-all be-all of traditional, manly action films. But I was pleasantly surprised that it surpassed my hopes. But I guess after nights sitting around watching movies like Invasion USA, Red Dawn and Rambo back to back to back with my pals, my expectations were for all the right things. I was actually glad it was as much of a comedy as it was.

EDIT - I've never been a Jason Statham fan, its nothing personal, just that he hasn't really made any/many good films. He does seem like a pretty decent guy though, and did like his character.

Man, I love Statham. He's been in some bad movies (In the Name of the King), plus a few I have zero interest in seeing (War), but he's been in some great ones.

Crank is amazing, and Crank 2 is amazingly bizarre.

The first Transporter is great, and the second one is not bad at all. (Haven't seen the third.)

The Bank Job is pretty darn good, the Italian Job was just okay.

Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are both great.

I remember enjoying The One, but I saw it in theaters in 2001, and barely remember Statham in it.

Still need to see: Ghosts of Mars, Death Race, The Mechanic.

• 3 weeks later...

They're up for preorder at BBTS.

I really want to be excited about these, but they're just so... plain. The likenesses are pretty good, but it's basically a bunch of civilian mates wearing nondescript black outfits. This feels to me like the idea of having Minimates of these actors is cooler than actually having them. I don't know, just my opinion. I hope they do well.

The Walking Dead mates, on the other hand have me super stoked!

Yeah, I agree with you. Even with Austin, I'm gonna have to mod him before I'm willing to put him on the shelf. That's the problem with most of those movie-mates though, even ones from super hero movies. I think zombies, monsters, and aliens may be the best exceptions.

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

That's not a duck, that's a platypus. Brown fur, dark grey bill, and the beaver-like tail behind it is a dead giveaway.

Sorry couldn't make out the individual fur strands in the gif, nor decipher the object behind it. Thought it was one of these, holding a frying pan. You know, a brown duck?

A_Brown_Duck_by_KevLewis.jpg

If that's a platypus, then the gif maker has never seen a platypus, or based that one on a gif of a duck.

That's not a duck, that's a platypus. Brown fur, dark grey bill, and the beaver-like tail behind it is a dead giveaway.

Sorry couldn't make out the individual fur strands in the gif, nor decipher the object behind it. Thought it was one of these, holding a frying pan. You know, a brown duck?

A_Brown_Duck_by_KevLewis.jpg

If that's a platypus, then the gif maker has never seen a platypus, or based that one on a gif of a duck.

:lol: