UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Expendables Minimates

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first movie is on Netflix (streaming) for those that haven't seen it yet.

Any chance we could get a Charisma Carpenter minimate out of this? :biggrin:

This movie isn't toddler friendly, right?

Of course it is, toddlers love seeing stuff blown up!

I'm planning on seeing this movie Friday while my wife is gone to perform for a conference. Though I'm not usually big into manly movies for manliness sake, I'm going to give it a go.

And now that we're getting a bunch of dudesfrom the manliest of man movies, I want a Minimate line for Sucker Punch, the manliest man movie that's full of chicks.

Have you seen Sucker Punch? FAR from manly. I don't even know who the demographic that movie was for.

Okay, how about geekiest man movie that's full of chicks? Girls fighting robots, zombie Nazis, giant samurai, orcs and dragons is as geeky as you can get in my opinion.

............ while my wife is gone to perform for a conference.

.............. while my wife is at dinner with some friends.

Turtle, your wife says Hi & that Groundhog's wife will be well looked after the performance tomorrow night :thumbsup:

-manly manlinessheadsmate

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well that ruins the whole plan. If there's one thing that kid refuses to do, it's wear his ear muffs when I tell him to. The stuff that comes out of his mouth when we're stuck in traffic would make a sailor blush.

GH, I've asked, and she denies it. I think it could still go either way.

Okay, how about geekiest man movie that's full of chicks? Girls fighting robots, zombie Nazis, giant samurai, orcs and dragons is as geeky as you can get in my opinion.

none of that happened in Sucker Punch.

Call me when someone makes a movie about girls fighting robots, zombie nazi, giant samrai, orcs, and dragons... that movie sounds awesome!

Sucker Punch is about a girl about to get lobotomized who is dreaming she’s in a whore house about to get raped and her dancing makes creepy men SEE cool action sequences. But never do any real girls fight anything.

Ya know, I was really digging the idea of getting these and using the heads on SHIELD agents... until some unknown parties went and bought up all the SHIELD agents. ;) Apparently a lot of folks had the same idea, huh? Ah well.

Charisma Carpenter is a total sweetheat IRL though.

A female friend went to a convention last year, and told me that for my birthday, she would wait in line for any of the guests that were there and have something signed for me.

She waited in line for Charisma Carpenter to have her sign the Playboy issue she appeared in a few years ago. :highfive2:

cheers Turtle, appreciate it

I'm going to have a few beers and watch The Expendables tonight.

Thinking of getting these mates, considering the fun that could be had... Stallone et al, a mercenary group hired to take down the Batman, etc

Ya know, I was really digging the idea of getting these and using the heads on SHIELD agents... until some unknown parties went and bought up all the SHIELD agents. ;) Apparently a lot of folks had the same idea, huh? Ah well.

Shame on whoever did that. They should suffer in unspeakable pain (and probably will be when they watch this movie tonight).

none of that happened in Sucker Punch.

Call me when someone makes a movie about girls fighting robots, zombie nazi, giant samrai, orcs, and dragons... that movie sounds awesome!

Sucker Punch is about a girl about to get lobotomized who is dreaming she's in a whore house about to get raped and her dancing makes creepy men SEE cool action sequences. But never do any real girls fight anything.

Hey, I said I didn't watch all of the movie. If you just watch parts, it's not too bad (like The Phantom Edit of a few years ago).

I can officially say that I've now seen Expendables and I wasn't nearly as disappointed as I thought I'd be. I've always found when you set your standards low it's hard for a movie to disappoint. Of course, the whole time I thought about just how cool Minimates will be from it, so thank you, DST, for making an average movie enjoyable.

Yeah, I think my expectations were, well, that the movie would be average. And when it fell short of that, I was disappointed. I should have set the bar lower! :wallbash:

All I really wanted was for them to get the action scenes right, and I didn't feel like they succeeded at that. Which was a bit surprising considering how well Rambo turned out. Oh, well. I'll probably catch part 2 on the Netflix eventually.

Watched it last night, expected absolutely nothing from it... It was horrendous. Wanted to turn it off after about 50mins, but always force myself to persist with things I've started. It was soulless, the plot was as limp as they come, and the action scenes were, at best, pretty dull and generic.

If you're making a somewhat cheesey, tongue firmly in cheek, it has to have charm.

Can we have Die Hard minimates instead?

EDIT - I've never been a Jason Statham fan, its nothing personal, just that he hasn't really made any/many good films. He does seem like a pretty decent guy though, and did like his character.

all that being bald, the look of a madman, and exciting knife throwing... Statham for Bullseye?