UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel MiniMates Wave 47

elhonez

If that's how you first saw him, sure. If that's how you grew up with him, absolutely.

But from when I was 11, all I knew was this:

785082-havok_00_super.jpg

Then, when I was older and was getting back into toys & comics, Marvel Legends made this:

103_havok.jpg

That did not "scream Havok" to me. Still doesn't. Never will. I don't dislike it. I don't just prefer the 90's one over it. I HATE it. I only recognize it now (didn't back then when I first saw it, and thought it might have been mis-named) because of my hatred for it.

The suit is plain & the mask is ridiculous-looking. It is one of the worst costume designs I can think of.

Edited by TENIME_art

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the black and white Havok costume. It's instantly recognizable and unforgettable in a GOOD way. The simplicity and elegance are superb. How you could prefer the '90s look over it is hard for me to get, but it's just personal preference. I'm actually biting my tongue right now, as that 90s Havok is actually one of my most-favorite-to-trash costumes.

I'm also REALLY hoping that the "Fastball" Colossus comes with a stand and that his foot peg will fit snugly onto it so we can pose him.

Edited by Mystery Man

Okay, I'm going to jump in and defend the honor of 60's comic book costumes here. They were all ridiculous. That was the point – it was escapism, with crazy powered guys running around in crazy suits. You could tell everyone apart because they all had some gimmick with their costume. The 90's were the first time that strain of "realism" was introduced in which everyone covered up their unique costumes with leather jackets or trenchcoat, so they could walk around without getting made fun of, I guess.

Put all of the 90's X-Factor members side by side, chop of their heads, and there's hardly a lick of difference. I get that they were supposed to be "uniforms," since it was a respectable government team and all, but they were just damn boring.

So, to each his own. As for me, I'll always love Havok's crazy head loops. :biggrin:

There are element of the X-Factor suit I liked, and some I didn't. I was never, EVER a fan of the useless, pointless straps that were so pervasive in the 90's. As a general rule, I hate covering a colorful costume with a jacket, but at least it was a colorful jacket. And to this day, I'm not sure how those open top, cheekbone hugging masks stay attached.

On the other hand, I never cared for Alex's original mask. But it looks better than anything they've put him in since he left X-Factor

I know my affection for the X-Factor costume comes from a love of those particular stories more than love of the design.

I LOVE the classic Havok black & white design! I hate that 90's poofy-jacket look. I gave up being a MU completist when they made the classic Havok costume the rare variant.

While I'm not crazy about getting a less-than-necessary remake, I am happy to buy him, he's very well done! Gateway would have been awesome, but he'd pegwarm harder than Havok I'm sure.

The wave 20 (?) Havok kinda nailed the look in my opinion. It was a slim costume so i didn't mind the lack of removable mask.

I think this release is (as mentioned earlier) just about rounding out the team for current collectors who might have missed a chance at getting him a few years back.

I would, personally, prefer a 90's X-Factor Havok or a current Starjammers Havok - but i can't fault DST too much on this re-release.

FYI, I believe both Wolverines will have new blade claws, for those of you who don't like the round claws. Look at the Brood Wolvie pics, not the basic ones.

Just curious, Zach, what other accessories will these Wolverine's come with? plain hands? hair? pulled down masks on the neck? (we have got to come up with a shorter name for these)

Outback X-Men are my favorite! But am I missing something? That list by DST doesn't say when this wave will be released, and where does it say that Storm and Havok are going to be in the TRU wave? This is all I found

Marvel Minimates Wave 47 – (Rogue/Colossus, Longshot/Dazzler, Wolverine/Brood, short-packed Brood Wolverine/Brood)

And just because I'm in a Outback X-men mood I'm posting this! Found it on DeviantArt

X_men_Down_Under_by_Montygog.jpg

hey Zach, how will the differently tooled Dazzler and Colossus be available?

i dont know if this has been officially said but i think the two colossus' are the same mate, he just includes different accessories and the same goes for dazzler

Edited by undeadpool

Outback X-Men are my favorite! But am I missing something? That list by DST doesn't say when this wave will be released, and where does it say that Storm and Havok are going to be in the TRU wave? This is all I found

Marvel Minimates Wave 47 – (Rogue/Colossus, Longshot/Dazzler, Wolverine/Brood, short-packed Brood Wolverine/Brood)

And just because I'm in a Outback X-men mood I'm posting this! Found it on DeviantArt

X_men_Down_Under_by_Montygog.jpg

Swell! I dig it!

@ Zach: Any chance we could see what Brood Wolverine looks like under the mask?

Shoot -- I saw an extra base head in the box, and could not imagine who would want to see that. Silly me. :lol:

hey Zach, how will the differently tooled Dazzler and Colossus be available?

i dont know if this has been officially said but i think the two colossus' are the same mate, he just includes different accessories and the same goes for dazzler

I said it officially somewhere, possibly in the TF 2012 thread. Colossus comes with both chests and the Fastball hand, and Dazzler gets two hairpieces and a jacket. At least, that is the plan.

Not positive, but I'm pretty sure 47 is September, and TRU 14 is slated for around the same time. And Storm and Havok are in that wave.

Just curious, Zach, what other accessories will these Wolverine's come with? plain hands? hair? pulled down masks on the neck? (we have got to come up with a shorter name for these)

Seeing hairpiece and loose cowl, but not plain hands. We have a name for the cowl, but it's escaping me for the moment.

Any chance the Brood will come with an optional set of wings to make a queen?

Doesn't look like it.

Thats cool (about brood). With all that new tooling, it's not unfeasible to think that DST might re-use them again sometime to create a Brood Queen in a future wave.

Now - who's ready to abandon Kang & start campaigning for Gateway? :biggrin:

Edited by Nessex