UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel MiniMates Wave 47

elhonez

I didn't see any thread listed to discuss this, but please feel free to issue harsh reprimands and/or cast aspersions upon my intelligence if this is being discussed elsewhere.

I'm digging the X-Focus of W47, and can't wait to pose "Fastball Special Colossus" with the new Brown Wolverine. Brood army builder's a highlight too. Thoughts about the awesomeness of this wave?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they all look good, I'm not a big fan of this era of X-Men but I know lots who are, so I'm glad for them. I still think I prefer Giant Size Colossus but the new one looks good as well. I do hope DST makes some X-Villains to go with all the X-Men we've gotten lately, Magneto may be powerful but he's going to get curb stomped by so many X-Men. Give the Brotherhood some back up please!!

I actually wouldn't mind Arcade either, he pestered other characters as well. I know Spider-Man had to deal with him in the past. I'd really like to see the Blob now that they're bulking up 'mates that need it, the movie Blob is a not even a worthy stand-in. I'm really surprised how few X-Villains we've had considering the number of X-Men we've got.

@Valo: TOTALLY agree - the BEM is missing some pretty colorful characters in Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, & Destiny. And though I'm in the minority on this, I'd like to see that goofy Arcade show up too...

I'd buy them all, but I think Arcade especially would translate VERY well as a minimate!

I'm really surprised how few X-Villains we've had considering the number of X-Men we've got.

Well we have a lot of X-Villains, but like every other non-Spidey part or Marvel we are short on hench villains. Masterminds we have a plenty, guys who make up groups like the Brotherhood or the MoE we are short on.

Speaking of which, Mastermind would be cool.

And I can't believe you forgot Toad.

I'm stoked for this wave. I'm hoping this opens the door for Mojo.

I like the conflation of the brood with outback x-men. I'm not complaining, but when I think Brood, I think early eighties, just before Rogue joined. I think MsMarvel becoming Binary. Can I get a Binary minimate? :D

agree, Agree, AGREE!

Check out my most wanted list! I'd love to see The Brotherhood, Freedom Force, The MLF, The Marauders, The Nasty Boys etc . . made.

This wave goes a long way to filling some wants. It's great to finally see Longshot, Dazzler & the Brood. And i know a lot of people wanted a newer Colossus.

Gateway would be great to get - but it sounds like a lot of tooling needed for a little naked dude (there's a comment just waiting for parody!)

I'd really like to see a Spiral/Mojo pack come out to compliment this wave. (i'm pretty sure they both first appeared in the 80's too . . .)

Wishlists aside: Rogue is spot on & i'm really (surprisingly) not upset to see another version of her. Same goes for Colossus. Brown wolverine isn't too bad - but that Boodverine makes up for all re-release sins :P

I'm just happy to be getting a Dazzler and Longshot at last as well as a Colossus that can be made into a 90s Colossus to help complete the 90s X-Men team. Of course, it means I'll have to buy two Colossus now to have one from that team as well as the Austrailian X-Men team. Also a Brood army builder!? Awesome!

Now as someone mentioned we just need some more X-Villains... Pyro, Toad, Avalanche, Mastermind, and proper 616 Blob, maybe an updated Mystique and bulked up Apocalypse... Morlocks...

We still could use a Forge and Banshee for our X-Teams as well.

Edited by MST3KFan

I'm not even going to mention Toad anymore, DST definitely knows about him since they put him on that poster YEARS ago. And yeah, we've had some, but nowhere near the number of X-Characters, especially the lesser known mutants. There are some big names on the villain side that haven't been made. Pyro has been in every animated X-Men series I can think of, and was a major player in two of the movies, yet nothing. The Blob and Avalanche as well have been very often represented in X-Media, and I'm astonished they haven't been made yet.

Oh, and I agree with everything you said Nessex except one thing: Nothing can completely make up for all the rerelease sins. Not even a Kang, Winter Soldier, Baron Zemo and Falcon box set. ;)

Villain lag not withstanding, I like this wave. Dazzler and Longshot are exactly what I was hoping for in those two mates. And for me that only leaves three major X-Men unmade- Banshee, 616 Sunfire, and Forge. (I wish my Avengers were this close to being complete) I like the multiple options for Peter, the fastball special is just very nice gravy.

And then there's the Brood. Like Hydra, AIM and SHIELD, this is one of the army builders I'm sorely tempted to hoard. Sure, they're Xenomorph knock-offs, but they're cool knock-offs. They've fought everybody at least once. For this wave, they make up for no new Brotherhood members. I know we have members who decry heavily sculpted pieces, (I respect their opinion even if I disagree) but only in my wildest imagination did I think we'd get Brood minimates.

(And now, with the X-Men are divided and, win or lose, hurting from a fight with the Avengers now would be a great time for the Brood to attack again.)

(And now, with the X-Men are divided and, win or lose, hurting from a fight with the Avengers now would be a great time for the Brood to attack again.)

and now would be a great time to pick up Wolverine and the X-Men :P

1328921146.jpg

(lord, i hate that WATX has become a comic title)

An incredible wave.....I have no interest in any movie mates so I wasn't expecting much to grab my interest this year. Then these came along. Time to retire some customs and cross off Longshot and Outback Colossus from my "to do" list. Happy days.

And I am behind on my X-reading :unsure:

And I hear ya about WATXM, but really hasn't it been that way since around the mid-90's? Wasn't he on like 5 X-teams before M-day? This book is just being honest about it. >shrug<

when they finally get to Banshee, I hope he is the variant in that wave so we can get him in his Green/Yellow AND his Blue/Yellow costumes, w/ a removable collar i'd buy at least 2 of each :yes:

back on topic...love the Brood, have a feeling it's gonna be hard to army build with all the love going around. can't wait for Dazzler and Longshot. Hopefully disco Dazzler, Spiral and Mojo aren't too far behind.

great wave, can't wait to add them to the shelves :biggrin:

Edited by tones

I've been pretty vocal in my general apathy towards the X-Men, but... I like this wave. Dazzler and Longshot are two of my favorite characters, and I'm really happy to get them. Rogue is one of my least favorite characters, but I like the figure, at least, and I like that costume more then the Jim Lee one. Colossus is a much-needed redo, and Wolverine is distinct enough to not feel like we're just treading on the same ground. And then there's the Brood... wow. Early contender for Minimate of the Year.

Just mentioned this in the main NYCC thread, but I'll say it here as well: If we were going to dump Havok for another figure, my choices would be:

1. Polaris possessed by Malice (just think, you could take the collar off and have Malice possess other 'mates!);

2. Maddie Pryor as the Goblin Queen;

3. Forge.

I never thought I'd say this, but two Wolverines in a single wave, and I'm looking forward to both. Brooverine looks great with the new claws, mask, and boots. The Brood looks great- very well executed. It's a character that can get away with more sculpted parts than, say, Hulk or Thing, because it is inherently so different imo. Havok is a character that I didn't think needed to be redone, but looking at this new version... he looks great. The new chest design and head are both upgrades that I for one will happily take. (It's got me wanting an update of classic Cyclops now, actually...) Dazzler and Longshot both look like they ought to. Colossus right now has my vote for 'Mate of the year. Overall, this looks like a solid X-Wave.

I don't get the dislike for Havok, I'm usually VERY against redos but I think this one merited it. The previous Havok was weak to say the least, so I have no issue getting a better one.

Who are you and what have you done with Valo?:verymad:

I just really like that look of Havok's, and was never satisfied with the previous one. Compared to the other redos from that assortment, I think Havok justifies a second look much more than Storm. Just my .02

I always liked Alex a lot more than Cyclops for some reason.

I don't even like Havok and i don't get the hate for this costume. Sure, the modern one is nice and then there's the goggles look, but none of them scream "Havok." I see that facemask and the crazy circles and i immediately recognize him. Not to mention it makes sense with the wave. So.....i have no issues with him, and am much happier that i did not buy the original.

Then again, i have no hate on redoes if they aren't the current issue the Captains America, so there's that too?? :rolleyes:

Don't care for Outback at all (not my time) and i want the whole wave. Love Dazzler in both looks, Longshot is cheesy and important, the new Colossus is great, and the Wolverines and Brood are welcome. Don't really care for Brown Wolverine or that Rogue, but he's coveted, Brooverine is getting us GREAT claws, and well....Rogue is Rogue. I have my Rogue already.