UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite disappointed at the lack of stands and accessories outside of weapons. I was hoping we'd FINALLY get a Shoryuken flame for Ken (which could double as a stand perhaps?). However Zach did say they had to pay for the license from both Capcom AND Namco, suggesting there wasn't enough in the budget to make stands and non-mandatory accessories.

Got these in from TRU today. Figures are a'aight. Very happy to get the missing Street Fighter guys. One weird thing though. Most of us know how bad TRU can be with shipping figures in padded envelopes, etc. But today, these (6 of them I ordered) arrived in a massive box! They could have fit 30 Minimates in there :lol:

They also included this packet full of advertising spam, which I've never seen before.

Edited by karamazov80

Hey Zach, not sure if this has been asked before, but has DST looked into selling these through Gamestop? I've found that action figures sell pretty well there (at the stores by me at least), so to me these seem like a no brainer.

I don't know about that, I think at one of the ones near me, they still have a clown van.

Hey Zach, not sure if this has been asked before, but has DST looked into selling these through Gamestop? I've found that action figures sell pretty well there (at the stores by me at least), so to me these seem like a no brainer.

I don't know if we still meet with their buyers, but I'm sure we still have a relationship, and if they were interested they'd be carrying them. Gamestops by me really cut back on toys a few years back, after the big video game toy boom led them to carry toys that had nothing to do with video games. There was a lot of clearance going on. Haven't been in one in ages, though.

And sorry for the bare-bones release, you guys. We're looking into ways to get more stands out to people.

I haven't bought any of the series yet but I think that the gamespot idea is really good. Here in Greece we have media markt and plaisio as our big game stores. They sell action figures and books based on video games. And the strange thing is that they fly off the shelves. I once found a neca Marcus from gow and the god of war novel but the next day they were gone.

I don't know if we still meet with their buyers, but I'm sure we still have a relationship, and if they were interested they'd be carrying them. Gamestops by me really cut back on toys a few years back, after the big video game toy boom led them to carry toys that had nothing to do with video games. There was a lot of clearance going on. Haven't been in one in ages, though.

And sorry for the bare-bones release, you guys. We're looking into ways to get more stands out to people.

Special stand packs for online retailers?

Special stand packs for online retailers?

Special stand packs for some form of distribution. We'll see.

It's fine Zach. As a developer I've had to cut back on ideas due to budget restraints, but comments like the one I highlighted is why I think you guys at DST are awesome :D

I haven't bought any of the series yet but I think that the gamespot idea is really good. Here in Greece we have media markt and plaisio as our big game stores. They sell action figures and books based on video games. And the strange thing is that they fly off the shelves. I once found a neca Marcus from gow and the god of war novel but the next day they were gone.

well of course God of War merchandise sells in Greece

well of course God of War merchandise sells in Greece

Well yeah but other figures were sold out too. A resident evil guy,a cog,Alex mercer and some others. I think that selling minimates at gamespot would be a good idea.

I got all of the non-promotional Street Fighter minimates from "Gamestation", which is a UK based company (promotional ones like Evil Ryu/Shin Akuma weren't so easy to come by, typically).

However I do feel it's worth pointing out SFxT didn't do as well game sales wise and has been rejected by the FGC due to bugs and the DLC fiasco. As much as I hate saying this, I do feel fans may not be as warm to the minimates because of this (although the comments I have seen on Event Hubs regarding the minimates has been relatively warm, albeit minimal).

Is Eventhubs a widely read site among gamers? They seem to at least get comments. Capcom Unity has given us some good press, too.

Hollywood Video had an SF exclusive set, I believe. And as I said, Gamestop knows where to find us and we know how to find them, so if we're not there, it's not because nobody had the idea.

Is Eventhubs a widely read site among gamers? They seem to at least get comments. Capcom Unity has given us some good press, too.

Event Hubs is primarily a fighting game website and is where I normally go for info relating to the FGC. It dopes have some helpful guides I've been meaning to look into (despite my avid love of fighting games I'm hardly good. I struggle to beat Seth on anything bar Very Easy in Street Fighter IV and can spend the best part of half an hour fighting Gill in SFIII!)

Got my (and pawcanada's) TRU exclusives in the mail today and it's just a bit surreal to have four new SFII characters in-hand after all these years. It was a highlight that made up for TRU shipping four Minimate 2 packs in one padded envelope, taking 10 days to get them to me after I ordered and the post office shoving the package (and two other packages) into our mailbox.