UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, these do not seem to be selling at my TRU. I bought one each of the exclusives a week and a half ago and they have not sold a single one since. I know there us at least one other interested party in the Madison area, sine my LCS asked me about these. Who knows?

And the colors on my LCS mates are decent. There is a slight difference in the painted vs molded parts, but it does not look terribly different from other mates.

it's just a bit surreal to have four new SFII characters in-hand after all these years.

It is very cool to finally have Guile in hand after seeing that original prototype, what, 8 years ago? Now if we could just get Blanka...

^THIS^

I am really hoping we see a Wave 3 of this line - Blanka & Dhalsim are at the very top of my SF Minimates Want List.

• 2 weeks later...

Are these available in the toysrus stores???

Because I just picked up the entire wave 14, but still no Street Fighter X Tekken.

Yeah, they are out. My TRU has not sold any past the 2 exclusives I bought. PM me if interested and I can pick them up for you this Friday.

O6

As a fighting game fan who frequents fighting game sites, especially EventHubs, I have to say that the SF x Tekken name is poisoned a bit due to controvery regarding DLC and other issues with the game. I would love to see more SF and Tekken minimates. In fact, I would love see an exhaustive line that covered the entire series if possible. SF4 is still very popular and Tekken Tag tournament 2 has been wonderfully received by the community. Perhaps going for separate licenses of well received games would be the way to go or just general SF and Tekken licenses but I know nothing of how that affects cost. Making sure to reach the people on fighting game sites like Eventhubs and Shoryuken, along with official sites like capcom unity (actual advertising if possible, not just one blog post) would also help with sales I would think. Maybe even having a presence at some fighting game events like EVO would also be a good idea.

I've got so many versions of Ryu and Chun Li already. I know they are popular but I think there are a lot of people who would love to collect more obscure characters as well. Dan, Hakan, and Rose to name a few. I really want to see a collectable SF (and Tekken) line go the distance.

8098283923_602850fb01.jpg

Regarding stands - LEGO stands have worked quite well for me. Sometimes you have to put them at an angle. They are only a few cents on bricklink.

8098278789_e7b9d053d1.jpg

Edited by llama

Picked up the Guile set today, SONIC BOOM!

IMG_20121021_182122-1.jpg

(btw I swapped heads with Havoc for the screaming effect)

I saw someone else do this on DA a few years back after they made a custom Guile. Really wish I had a spare one at hand myself as it's a brilliant idea.

This might have been answered already... But why are there barely any accessories(if any)and no stands????

Most likely the increased fees for having two licenses on this line rather than one cut into the production budget.

Yep, Zach pretty much said that earlier. I was surprised as I thought they'd only need one licence from Capcom due to it being a crossover game, but obviously I was mistaken.

If anyone here is a Metalocalypse fan, Poison's hair piece would be perfect for a Dr. Rockzo, the rock and roll clown custom. But the only problem is the his spikey red ball nose, since minimates have no noses.

Wolfman and Beast have noses... plus, there’s no way in Hell Dr.Rockzo, the Rock and Roll Clown would want to exist without a nose, so like 5-digit fingers on Mandarin/Thanos it’s a rule that MUST be broken for the character.

Got my sets in the mail yesterday from Luke, and besides the lack of extras, I think they turned out great. The flesh tones are almost matched and barely noticeable. I was worried after seeing the protos on FB. Hopefully this sold enough to see the next wave(s?)!

I would love to see more waves as well. Too bad we are limited to only the SFXT characters. I think we could only get two more waves out of SFXT. There are so many more SF and Tekken characters that I would love to see.

I really would like to see Dead or Alive Minimates!

Got my sets in the mail yesterday from Luke, and besides the lack of extras, I think they turned out great. The flesh tones are almost matched and barely noticeable. I was worried after seeing the protos on FB. Hopefully this sold enough to see the next wave(s?)!

I would love to see more waves as well. Too bad we are limited to only the SFXT characters. I think we could only get two more waves out of SFXT. There are so many more SF and Tekken characters that I would love to see.