UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Street Fighter x Tekken

I see people are not happy with Sagat. I think he turned out fine. He's not overly jacked but he's tall so I don't think he would've looked right if they bulked him up. It sucks that they couldn't go all the way with the tape detail though and only hit the outside of the hand and feet. I might swap his hands out with Shadowland Iron Fist to see how that looks.

I think the problem with King is the chest piece. If it had been a regular bulky chest (like the first bulky Hulk ones) he would have looked great. But he just looks off between the huge chest and the loooooong Leader head.

Edit: Just noticed something else I don't like about King - his kickpads. As a pro wrestler that's wrestled for 10 years and wears kickpads like King, I can tell you that kickpads only go up to below the knee, not above the knee and into the thigh area.

Edited by MisterMiracle

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

Will the Ryu that was released with the Sentinel be making an appearance in this wave?

From the SDCC pics it looks like the SFvsT Ryu will be pretty much a carbon copy of the one included with Cap in MvsC3 wave 3. Only this one will have an open mouth tampo( I guess he's shouting "HADOUKEN!").

I'll be in for the Street Fighter mates. Have no interest in Tekken, so if anyone out there is in the boat on the opposite side of the lake, then let me know and we can split packs.

Sound good to me :rolleyes: I'm on the opposite side.. :thumbsup:

A few minor niggles:

• I think Zangief and Marduk might need some bicep bulk-up pieces. They've got such giant honking chests that their arms look a little ridiculous.

• The shots with Steve punching Ken and with Poison kicking Lily both appear to indicate the chest piece is flesh-colored plastic while the arms are painted. I'm hoping there isn't the same wide variance in color as we saw on some of the MvC3 sets, but the Steve shot doesn't reassure me... Maybe it's just the lighting.

Otherwise, bring these on! I'm stoked for Guile, and Raven looks super cool!

Edited by Lobsterman

Ken & Guile are perfect. Sagat looks good as does Zangief. I agree that Zangief should have the bulked arms too with that chest. I still can't stand that King figure. He's one of my favorite Tekken characters but I hate his minimate representation. All the other Tekken characters look ok.

Is there any chance of getting a 4th wave of these?

It usually depends on how well the waves sell. If sales are good and there is demand, I'm sure we'd see a 4th wave. But if not... :unsure:.

I hope we at least get Megaman (BBA), Cody, Guy and Blanka in wave 4 (if there is one)!

Oh yeah of course I was thinking ahead of myself (that Rolento and Hugo were part of series 3).

Hopefully we'll see a Megaman/Pacman set even if it's a convention exclusive!

Series 2 appears to be: Hugo, Rolento, Ryu, Chun Li, Rufus and Abel.

Edited by TheAnvil

Really hoping for the rest of the Classic Street Fighters characters to round out Wave 2 (and hopefully Wave 3).

It would be a shame if we get more Ryus and Chun Lis but they never get around to guys like E. Honda, Blanca, and Dhalsim.

Unfortunately E. Honda isn't even in SFxT :(.

Really hoping for the rest of the Classic Street Fighters characters to round out Wave 2 (and hopefully Wave 3).

It would be a shame if we get more Ryus and Chun Lis but they never get around to guys like E. Honda, Blanca, and Dhalsim.

Unfortunately E. Honda isn't even in SFxT :(.

As TheAnvil pointed out, not all the "classic" SFII characters are in the game (it is, after all, called Street Fighter x Tekken). Based off whom we've had so far and who is left, I suspect Wave 3 will involve the following:

Street Fighter:

Dhalsim

Ibuki

Vega (aka Balrog or Claw)

Balrog (aka M.Bison or Boxer)

M. Bison (aka Vega or Dictator)

Juri

Akuma

Tekken:

Bob

Asuka

Jin

Xioayu

Law

Paul

Ogre

Street Fighter wise only Dhalsim and Juri really interests me as I'm not a big fan of the bosses (I border line HATE Balrog, namely due to his characterization in the Udon comics) and Ibuki not being a personal favorite of mine from the SFIII roster. Dhalsim was my main as a kid as Juri is both an interesting character and also uses TaeKwonDo, which I've personally trained in. There is also one space left which COULD go to a DLC character (probably Blanka, maybe Sakura, Cody or Guy. Elena and Dudley are unlikely, despite how much I want the latter). However I will be getting them all. Tekken wise Jin, Law, Paul and Ogre interest me the most. However my two mains - Steve and Hwoarang are both covered so I'm more interested in them. I'm not sure which DLC character is likely from Tekken as they all pretty obscure, but I hope for Lei myself as he's been a favourite of mine since Tekken 2. However as a fan of both franchises I will still be getting them all, even if I consider them to be a "scrappy".

Even though this line won't include all the characters I want, I still hope the three waves that were originally planned get made.

Tekken x Street Fighter is still coming out, right? Hopefully that helps fight the excuse of "the ship has sailed" for series 3.

p.s. What's up with the interchangeable nicknames from the SFII characters?

They were the original Japanese names vs re-named/ re-shuffled ones for the American version. Pretty sure it had something to do with M.Bison sounding too much like Mike Tyson.

Edited by Punisher