UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

When it comes to comic movies, I have to remind myself before seeing ANY of them that they aren't the comics... they aren't going to be the comics. And since it's the comics that I prefer, I've gotta get my mind-set fixed so I can accept the differences.

That said, I've enjoyed the Avengers-centric films the most of any of the Marvel stuff.

The first Raimi Spider-Man was really good (other than how the Green Goblin looked). The 2nd one got to me when Spidey kept losing/taking off his mask... and by the 3rd one, I was sick and tired of the whiny-Harry Osborn stuff and the over-the-top symbiote stuff. Had it just have been Spidey vs Sandman I would've been juuuust fine with it.

The Hellboy films were a joy.

The Nolan "Batman" flicks have been enjoyable, but not anything I'd be dying to re-watch. The Keaton ones are a little more so, but still not stuff I'm dying to view again. That may be chalked up to being born and raised a "Marvel kid"... and also not liking DC too much due to the current state of the comics.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Spider-Man movie even though I'm not nuts about the costume design. But again, I have to remind myself... it's not the comics. ;)

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's his face that played Sandman, Haden-Church, was fantastic. I wish we'd see him again in that role.

Agreed!! He is why SM3 is my fav of that particular trilogy. I can't wait for Rami's Spidey films to properly be released on Blu-ray June 12.

On topic of mates:

This series should be coming to TRU Canada within the next few weeks (75 cases on order) I will keep my fellow Canadians posted as per usual.

I really hope this series is not canceled (for Canada) because this set makes me want to collect minimates again.

I think this reboot will include a full (if under 30 minute) origin tale. There is far too much different in this one from the others:

The biggest reason, to me, he has to make his own webbing. This means he is going to take longer to get to his real costume and is the biggest difference from the Rami films.

He is back to high school, so his connection to Comers changes from teacher to mutated spider lab man. Conners will be more like Norman in the first Raimi film.

Peter's parents and Uncle Ben. Sheen is too big a name to die in the opening credits and May can only fill in so much from her husband's family's past.

At least that is what I think about this new origin/run. I think the reboot is needed too, as Raimi messed up by not milking the franchise and splitting Spidey 3. Which I definitely would have preferred.

any doubts i had about any of these mates are now gone, ill admit, i feel the bulky lizard chest makes the legs look off to me, but the coat looks so good on the bare chested version, i dont care :D (no offense to the figures at all, i intend to buy multiples of all of them)

i feel like im one of the only people who is entirely thrilled about this spiderman film :P

Dan Slott is my favorite spidey writer, and this feels like the Spidey i know, so im extremely pleased with everything about this film.

Zach, I love those photos! Especially the one of Connors' arm reflecting in the spot that his other arm should be. There are a few shots that really capture the feel of the scenes you're recreating, and that last one (with Spidey looking out over the city) is perfect!

i feel like im one of the only people who is entirely thrilled about this spiderman film :P

Dan Slott is my favorite spidey writer, and this feels like the Spidey i know, so im extremely pleased with everything about this film.

I'm with you on this. At first I was hesitant, but after seeing the trailers, I'm really looking forward to ASM. Looks like the tone will be more the Spidey I know than the tongue-in-cheek version we got from Raimi and co. (But I didn't think SM2 was as great as it gets credit for.)

Dangit... now I have to buy two Connersesis to get an extra lab coat.

I wasn't all that on board with movie Lizard's design (not the minimate, just the design in general) but I do think the lab coat adds something that makes it a little better.

Edited by Gillbob316

Random Thoughts:

- I wish DST could have used the 2.5" body for the Lizard. I know scale doesn't bother everyone but it bugs me. Maybe I'll substitute my DC Killer Croc as a stunt double.

- Zach's job seems like a lot of fun so he really needs to balance that perception by posting a few mind-numbing spreadsheets for us.

- Koopa Troopas!