UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these and 13 today (two full cases of 13. Wow.) and picked up the exclusives. Fun sets. Gwen's better with the extra parts, and Dennis Leary is just awesome. So cool. Connors and Vigilante are a little disappointing because i have little use for either of them, but they're well made. The rolled sleeve piece is very nice.

The exclusives just arrived today from TRU.com by way of my local tru. They are awesome! Gwen is beautiful. :wub:

I found these. Here's a few thoughts. I'll try and snap pics later today.

The coat and the powerhouse chest don't fit on lizard at the same time. He's gona need a chest tampo (or a sticker). Though the powerhouse chest is molded a bit if you run your fingers across it.

I wonder with is up with DST. The guys with solid heads have pegholes that have been filled in. Only half filled in some cases. Why didn't they use the straight, no-peg head? Someone screwed up while blocking pieces off.

Gwen is far and above the winner of this set. Such an awesome figure. :wub:

Can't really tell the difference between BD and regular Spidey. Their costumes look the same. :P

That aint no Catwoman, that's the Baroness.

That's it! I knew she looked like someone, and it wasn't Catwoman. RoC Baroness with white hair.

Truly the Baroness is the character design that launched a thousand comic characters wearing "sexy" librarian glasses. I thought the game Black Cat looked more like Victoria Hand but since Hand's basically Baroness with highlights...

As for the video game Scorpion, Gargan did have issues with his genetic alterations getting out of control in the 90's cartoon. I don't like the super mutated bit either (part of why I've ALWAYS hated the Man-Spider and basically never liked the 90's toon by extension) but I guess it's an quick way to get the character out there without having to involve JJJ going to Farley Stillwell. It does look a lot like an Arkham Asylum design but considering how crazy popular those games are, I can't really blame them. The toys of the Asylum/City designs have basically been keeping DC Direct afloat for the past year once they finally finished with the Blackest Night stuff.

There are times watching Spider-Man 3 where I really believe that Raimi made a bad movie because they forced him to have Venom in it. I don't think he phoned it in, but instead made a decision to make the most actively bizarre and out-of-place film he could. It's a film with a budget of $258 million where the main character boogies down a city sidewalk while glaring at people and half the action in the climax is unseen so it can be described to us by an inexplicably British TV reporter. A reporter with incredible camera coverage as most of that action's in the dark. It's got it's good points, like Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen, but the whole thing ends up not being good enough to be a decent movie but not bad enough to be a truly awful one. Really, it's all over the place.

That said, I like Spider-Man 2 the most even if they went back to the well of "MJ: KIDNAPPED!" by the end of it. Admittedly, Tobey did take off his mask a ton but that was back when studio execs thought that a character wearing a mask reduced the actor's viability as a star (they still kind of think that sometimes though I think they're turning around on it) and it does take me out of the movie sometimes. It got really redundant in the Raimi films, even if it was meant to fulfill a thematic point for the character; I know I ended up thinking "maybe Mary Jane would be kidnapped less if you weren't such a goof about your secret identity getting out by removing your mask every 3 minutes". I hope with Amazing Spider-Man they do the whole "love interest in peril" thing here and then move past it for the rest of the reboot. As for it being a reboot, I'm fine with starting over though nothing I've seen advertising ASM has really sold me on it yet. I hope this costume redesign is a one time thing though as it just seems unnecessarily complicated though I get it if they're doing it to try and establish this is a new set of movies.

To be on topic, I picked up Captain Stacy/Vigilante Spidey and Gwen/Doc Connors earlier today; I'm very impressed with both sets especially from a QC standpoint. Comic Doc Connors is one new head and a generic lab coat away from happening plus, as a bonus, his chest block with the faint purple shirt might make for a decent Ruffalo Bruce Banner. Gwen needs some sort of award as she's finally surpassed MJ (after a years long tie) as the Spidey supporting cast member with most minimates; this one is especially nice with the extra outfit pieces making for great new civilian parts. The possibilities with Captain Stacy are great too and I've got my eye on movie Uncle Ben as a possible source for either comic Ben or George Stacy depending on how I divvy up his hairpiece and coat. Vigilante Spidey makes for an easy enough generic thug and his head block could make for one crazy abstract 7-up "Cool Spot" minimate.

I'm loving the heavy dose of civilian and police parts we're getting here as, even if I don't end up liking the movie, I'll have some fun with this set. Stacy and the police officers are outstanding by themselves and the number of new jackets etc. used here makes this whole wave a winner in my mind.

So I've bought the Spidey/Lizard pack and the Gwen/Connors pack. Man, I'm gonna end up buying all these damn things before I'm done, even though I don't want them all that much. But there's just too much good custom fodder there. Gwen's body's going to get Mayday Parker's head, and Conners is going to become a comic book Curt Conners (I have big plans for a part from the Lizard, but that will have to be revealed at a later date).

I found these. Here's a few thoughts. I'll try and snap pics later today.

The coat and the powerhouse chest don't fit on lizard at the same time. He's gona need a chest tampo (or a sticker). Though the powerhouse chest is molded a bit if you run your fingers across it.

I wonder with is up with DST. The guys with solid heads have pegholes that have been filled in. Only half filled in some cases. Why didn't they use the straight, no-peg head? Someone screwed up while blocking pieces off.

Gwen is far and above the winner of this set. Such an awesome figure. :wub:

Can't really tell the difference between BD and regular Spidey. Their costumes look the same. :P

Yeah, what heads have filled-in holes? BD Spidey has BD on the chest. Plus, the BD face, slip-on mask, etc.

Found these guys in Dayton Ohio (still looking for TRU 13). I picked up Peter and Gwen's sets to mix in with my my comicbook mates. I might try to do a QC for Connors.

They all look great! I was tempted to buy more but I'm trying to budget

On a related note I'm looking forward to the movie and as of right now I'm more excited for ASM than DKR.

My Lizards got the head hole too, I like how these all turned out. The paint is so crisp and vibrent, ever since the Best of Wave they've all been! And I might be the minority but I actually like this costume, I like how he has built in Nikes like feety pajamas. Did anyone notice the detail on spidermans wrists? Awesome!!!

Edited by zakkatz

I found the TRU sets today. Bought the exclusives, but held off on the other two, 'cause I figure I'll order the whole normal wave from Luke before too long. Stupid question, but does Vigilante Spider-Man's hat come off?

Because mine won't. lol...

I can't tell if it's actually glued on, or just hopelessly stuck to the paint.

Oh PS. My store's case ratio had 3 Cpt. Stacey packs and 2 Gwen packs. The rest I didn't bother to count, as they were the common sets, lol. But there WERE 12 total, so it was only one case. I found that weird, because usually the exclusives are 2 and 2. They had a big new display up front for the Spidey Movie, replacing the Avengers display.

Zach,will the new sewer lizard come with 4 and 5 fingered claws? it seems that movie lizard was supposed to come with a pair of 4 fingered claws,but it seems they swapped them out for normal minimate hands with just a tampo on them...

Finally tracked these down. And I gotta say I LOVE that little Spider-Man. He may be among my favorite figures of all time. The details on him are amazing and the paint is simply fantastic. Zach I need to say that whoever put that minimate together did a perfect job. The little web shooters made me so happy BTW.