UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

Yes, but on this side of the pond, we just call it a vest. So we've got:

UK: US

Vest: Undershirt/Wife beater/Tank top

Waistcoat: Vest

Tank top: Sweater vest

Is that correct? Not sure what others say. This doesn't even get us into hunting, fishing, or bulletproof vests.

More importantly, how do you guys feel about ties?

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vest

noun

1.a close-fitting, waist-length, sleeveless garment that buttons down the front, designed to be worn under a jacket.

2.a part or trimming simulating the front of such a garment; vestee. Compare dickey.

3.a waist-length garment worn for protective purposes: a bulletproof vest.

4.a sleeveless, waist- or hip-length garment made of various materials, with a front opening usually secured by buttons, a zipper, or the like, worn over a shirt, blouse, dress, or other article for style or warmth: a sweater vest; a down vest.

5.British - an undervest or undershirt.

waistcoat

noun

1.Chiefly British - vest.

2.an 18th-century garment for women that is similar to a man's vest, usually worn with a riding habit.

3.a man's body garment, often quilted and embroidered and having sleeves, worn under the doublet in the 16th and 17th centuries.

What Jameson & the Ghostbusters Mayor have is a suit vest. The 3rd piece in a "three piece suit." Peter Parker above (and his first two Minimates) is shown in a sweater vest, which is basically a sweater with no arms (Egon also wears one - I'm assuming...it could just be a regular sweater). While still both vests, I don't consider them the same article of clothing. A sweater vest under a suit does not make it a three piece. You're simply wearing a sweater vest under your suitcoat.

I love [suit]vests and ties, neck & bow. No clip-ons.

Exactly my thoughts. And, man, there's nothing worse than a clip-on tie. Kind of shame there aren't more Minimates wearing sweater vests.

More importantly, how do you guys feel about ties?

I'd marry one but the language barrier would inevitably cause problems.

homina homina homina

Sweater vest. Not suit vest.

I know. I meant Sweater Vest...

1567554-parker_spider.jpg

Like that: Suit, Sweater Vest, Tie.

I love me so Ditko, I do. But I mostly still picture Peter in JRSR style, trading the suit/sweater vest for the occassional turtle neck, funky sweaters, and odd jackets. Tobey, to me at least, looked like a cross between the two styles. Garfield definitly has a Ditko vibe to him, I'll give him that. But yes, the perfect choice would be a young John Cusack... Ya now there getting pretty good with cg and motion capture- just make it work.

TrU Gwen will be the second movie version of the character, while we've only had the one based on the actual comics.

has there been any other characters that've got more movie mates then comic versions?

don't count the likes of Destroyer or Iron Monger, character that haven't had a single comic version.

... just thought of Rhodey, but he misses out on a technicality (what, 4 movie mates and 1 comic? still, only really one War Machine each, and there have been no comic Rhodeys).

'Unmasked Spider-Man' from 41 counts as a Parker, and that isn't just me moving the goalposts, honest.

Tony Stark? anyone else?

is the long dress on Aunt May the first use of a full-length skirt?

i'm convinced I've seen that skirt piece before, but really can't remember where or when

The Library Ghost also had a full length skirt.

Unsure if May's is exactly the same?

Sand and library ghost... Same skirt

May's is different, but im still not convinced its new

Peggy Carter, Jean DeWolfe also use the same skirt type as May.

Jean, Peggy, lucy lawless cylon, stark expo widow, comic may: they all have to the knee skirts. In the pics, Movie May's is down to her feet. Sand, Library Ghost, and architect have the to--the-floor dress with a foot peeping out.

edit:

The Movie May Skirt is from Universal Monsters Mina and Elizabeth! mystery solved!

Edited by MsMarvel fan

• 1 month later...