UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Movie Mates!

Punisher

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. I dunno if my disdain for the movie right now is going to affect me getting these. Who would have thought we'd get TWO AUNT MAYS in the SAME year?!??!

Ben can pass for a comic Ben with Comic May, it's always good to have SWATs, and i really do like Garfield's mate, but as a generic kid, not a "new Peter Parker." I'm shocked Lizard has a new torso sculpt too, he didn't seem THAT big.

Also, if that's "Battle Damage Spider-man," it's a little embarrassing. Hope it's the variant, i don't really want it at all. May just doesn't look that great compared to Comic May, either.

Who would have thought we'd get TWO AUNT MAYS in the SAME year?!??!

We're not getting two Aunt May's; we're getting an Aunt May and fodder for a Flying Nun custom.

So, why aren't we getting two SM waves with an over-abundance of Spideys this time?

Because we're getting one SM wave with an over-abundance of Spideys!! (seriously, if Garfield gets "first night out" gear, that's half of the wave)

The characters selection might be the big killer here. Yes, we as collectors crave the obscure, important characters like May and Ben, but it looks like Gwen and the Captain, as well as Doctor freaking Connors are getting overshadowed for the blandest old people i have ever seen. It's....a very muted-color wave. With two near-identical Spider-man.

Sorry, i don't mean to rant, but it's just more underwhelming than i thought it would be.

Peter Parker actually looks really cool, and the cops are a great army builder. Each of the Spidey's look fine for what they are, but I would like to see the vigilante/first night out look in Minimate form as well. And surely the Stacys will find their way to Minimate form.

Maybe we'll see "first night out" Spidey packed with one of the Stacys in the form of a TRU 2-pack.