UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

I'm really glad they went with Odin as the image on the Mighty box, rather than Spidey or IM.

Can't wait to get these sets.

It'd be great to see a two-pack or two to follow these sets up. A 'Mighty' Red She-Hulk with a spare set of regular 'non-mighty' arms would allow her to stand with the rest of her non fear-itself avenger friends too!

Anon! :P

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pissed, unloaded the Wednesday shipment at the shop today to find that the owner didn't order these sets >:(!

I will be very curious to see if a lot of retailers are going to pass on these sets. Doesn't Fear Itself feel like it was years ago? I read the recent Alpha Flight series a couple weeks ago, which ties in heavily to FI, and I was utterly lost for the first few pages. Mind you, I'm used to reading books months- if not years- behind, since I've switched entirely to trades. I hope these sets do well for DST, but it seems to me that in the time between them being announce and coming out Fear Itself has been scrubbed from the Marvel hive-mind.

Oh, but this does remind me to add Odin to my trades want list....:whistling:

Or, or, OR...Defenders 4 pack with Modern Dr. Strange, Red Shulk, Modern Iron Fist, pre-Phoenix Namor. Because that would be lovely.

Wavering back and forth on these. On one hand, i have 2 Halo sets and the Expendables sitting behind my LCS counter, on the other that Hawkeye is very enticing. Sigh.

EDIT: Oh, and Fear Itself feels like it never actually happened, and really needs to stay that way. What a pointless year that was.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Or, or, OR...Defenders 4 pack with Modern Dr. Strange, Red Shulk, Modern Iron Fist, pre-Phoenix Namor. Because that would be lovely.

Wavering back and forth on these. On one hand, i have 2 Halo sets and the Expendables sitting behind my LCS counter, on the other that Hawkeye is very enticing. Sigh.

EDIT: Oh, and Fear Itself feels like it never actually happened, and really needs to stay that way. What a pointless year that was.

You could buy the Halo/ Expendables sets and trade for the Hawkeye

Yes, yes, yes! Such an awesome team.

Book's already been cancelled, though. I wouldn't hold my breath, guys.

I'd actually be quite keen on that! Especially if DST were able to add in the accessories to make them FI compatible (Spare Arms, Jacket & Staff for DS & Spare arms and sword for RSH).

Book's already been cancelled, though. I wouldn't hold my breath, guys.

Damn - that was quick . . .

Diamond orders for #1 were very strong, but the second issue had a huge drop (bigger then the normal first to second issue drop) and the book just kept falling down the charts. I'm not sure what happened, as the book seemed to be well-received and had big-name creators on it, other then Marvel's general ability to sell comic books outside of an event these days.

HOT DAMN!!! I just got back from picking these sets up and must say I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of these 8 mates. Plastic quality is phenomenal. No warped or distorted pieces. Clean, clean, clean paint apps. No paint blobs, speckles, smears or inconsistencies. Tampos were applied with pristine care.There was no visible overlapping, unevenness or crookedness. This Spider-Man has to be one of the nicest looking ones out there. Other than the lack of webbing detail on the back of his legs, this Spider-man ranks a solid 10 / 10 IMO. Odin, Hawkeye, Ironman, Serpent, Skadi, Mokk and Angrir are all knocks out of the park.

Question: I quit collecting (reading) comics a few years back and ever since Wizard magazine went defunct, I found it rather difficult to keep up on all the story arcs circulating in the Marvel U. That being said, In the Fear Itself story arc, did the Serpent or one of the Worthy brandish a wooden staff of some kind? I ask this as a wooden staff accessory comes packed in the Worthy boxed set along with the 4 hammers.

HOT DAMN!!! I just got back from picking these sets up and must say I am thoroughly impressed with the quality of these 8 mates. Plastic quality is phenomenal. No warped or distorted pieces. Clean, clean, clean paint apps. No paint blobs, speckles, smears or inconsistencies. Tampos were applied with pristine care.There was no visible overlapping, unevenness or crookedness. This Spider-Man has to be one of the nicest looking ones out there. Other than the lack of webbing detail on the back of his legs, this Spider-man ranks a solid 10 / 10 IMO. Odin, Hawkeye, Ironman, Serpent, Skadi, Mokk and Angrir are all knocks out of the park.

Question: I quit collecting (reading) comics a few years back and ever since Wizard magazine went defunct, I found it rather difficult to keep up on all the story arcs circulating in the Marvel U. That being said, In the Fear Itself story arc, did the Serpent or one of the Worthy brandish a wooden staff of some kind? I ask this as a wooden staff accessory comes packed in the Worthy boxed set along with the 4 hammers.

The Serpent before powering up, was a withered old man, at that time, his hammer was the form of a staff

Thanks for the info Undeadpool. Sorry to say, but there is not withered old man minimate under all the Serpent's bulk. Would have been a cool bonus feature on that particular mate.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Awesome sets. The surprise for me in this set is the spiderman (I know, I know.. another spiderman?!) but it is brilliant. I don't know how to describe it other than saying the apps are all crisp and sharp.. it just looks good. My Odin's feet will not stay on for love or money (I've offered both). ..so I am seriously thinking about gluing them on. I do wish Gargoyle would have come as a figure that you could strip down to make the original GG but he is still cool.

I can't help but look at the "serpant" and think of the Executioner from EMH.. if he were made into a minimate they could be twin brothers.

So ya, this is yet another set that made me go read the books.. I know most read the books and then look for collectible toys.. but I have officially become the opposite of that through minimates. :)

Edited by The Vox

I know most read the books and then look for collectible toys.. but I have officially become the opposite of that through minimates. :)

I had every wave of BSG Minimates before I'd seen an episode of the show & I recently watched the 'Creature from the Black Lagoon' for the first time .......purely because of the Minimates :biggrin: