UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Worthy and the Mighty

gambitron

Zach, are these going to be available at comic shops?

The manager at my LCS orders everything with the word "Minimate" on it from Previews for me, but not every Minimate is available through Previews. So, I want to know if I should try to get them online, or wait for them in stores.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man has a helmet now,

I’m sad now... still a nice set, but it would have been nice to have a plan vanilla Iron Man normally okay with sculpting and add-on pieces but I really like the look Bleeding Edge with Hulk Buster head and was hoping to get another Iron Man like it...

so just :( on Iron man... :woot: for everyone else but :( Iron Man

Yeah, same here. I love the Hulkbuster head on the Bleeding Edge mate, so I was really happy they went that route on the prototype. Looks like he's still got a head block in the photos of the sample mates Zach posted a couple of weeks ago too, so I wonder why it got changed at the last minute? I mean they could've added an unmasked Tony head either way.

On a less whiny note, Odin still looks awesome.

Got a better job... still may not be enough to cover this very expensive looking summer. Thanks for the shots, Zach.

Just so I know, at what point in this process would it start to be considered rude to start harassing you fine DST folks for a "normal" Sin/Grey Gargoyle follow up two pack? Cause, well, you and I both know the request is coming, but I did I'd hate to seem uncouth and all.

I think these look great and I hope we can get Hulk Dr. Strange and Juggernaut Mrs. Marvel 2 packs maybe an Absorbing Man Wolverine? My only gripe is that I wish Odin would of had sculpted boots like Juggernaut but oh well :teehee:

I think these look great and I hope we can get Hulk Dr. Strange and Juggernaut Mrs. Marvel 2 packs maybe an Absorbing Man Wolverine? My only gripe is that I wish Odin would of had sculpted boots like Juggernaut but oh well :teehee:

Due to not reading this crossover I am so lost by this. But did the heroes get Hulk, Juggernaut, and Absorbing Man's powers?

No there were hammers scattered all over the world, Sin found the first one which freed the Serpant Cul from his imprisonment by his brother Odin, that led to the transformation of Hulk, Juggernaut, Absorbing Man, Titania, Thing, Grey Gargoyle, and Attuma all they had to do was touch the hammers to transform. Tony Stark had to beg Odin to forge weapons and armor for the heros so they coulld fight back.

We designed other Worthy, not sure who else we designed from the Mighty. We may see others.

Fun fact: Iron Man was stuck to my ceiling in his shot, next to a lighting fixture. Thought it looked like a smelting pot. (In the series, he oversees the forging of the weapons by the dwarves himself.)

I was wondering how you did that, Zach. I recognized the kind of light it was but I just couldn't for the life of me figure out where there would be that kind of light on a floor. It never even occurred to me that you might put him on the ceiling and flip the picture. Still, awesome. Just preordered this set yesterday. Can't wait.

Also, Mighty Black Widow please. She only had one panel of doing anything, but still. I want it.

Edited by The Geohound

I liked that picture Zach and knew what you were trying to recreate :biggrin: and my bad Slacker I can see how that may have been confusing.

Everytime I see some early production pics and think "Im going to take a break and pass on a set" the ready to ship pics change my mind. Both sets look great. Love the new parts and Odin looks way better to me than he did in the early pics. Im officially excited.

Completely unrelated, but I just looked up these characters...was this event as stupid as it sounded to me?

Reaction to the series was definitely mixed at best, so much so that a lot of people were questioning if Matt Fraction even belongs on these kind of books. Now, I haven't read it either, so I can't really speak to the quality myself, but yeah, your intuition would not be far off the general consensus.

It will be interesting to see how these sets do, as I don't sense that this event has a lot of legs, as these things go; it already seems so last year, with AvX running and all these stupid "This is WAR!" teasers they're putting out there (a war? Involving the heroes of the Marvel Universe? HOW ORIGINAL! I CAN'T WAIT TO EXPERIENCE THIS WHOLLY ORIGINAL COMIC, AND ALL ITS MANY SPINOFFS AND CROSSOVERS!). Personally, I don't really go for one-off, story driven variants, even for someone like Hawkeye. My only real interest in this set is Odin, and if I never get him, I'd be perfectly content with Anthony Hopkins holding down the fort in Asgard.

I wish superheroes would go back to fighting super villains... Things were less... divisive back then. A superhero fights a villain and wins. Sometimes he loses. The end. Works for me. I want that back...

I wish superheroes would go back to fighting super villains... Things were less... divisive back then. A superhero fights a villain and wins. Sometimes he loses. The end. Works for me. I want that back...

i think hero on hero fights were always a big thing in comics, wolverines first appearance was fighting hulk, spiderman has fought just about every hero there is since whenever he meets someone he seems to have "misunderstandings", which is why recently in wolverine and the x-men i loved when he said "remember when two heroes would meet, have a misunderstanding, fight, and then sort things out? i miss those days"

• 3 weeks later...