UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Series 45/TRU: Avengers Movie

luke314pi

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's Anhillus I'mma be a happy nerd. I could see Anhillus coming in as an EPIC enemy that Loki could bring in. :D

Except I'd be willing to bet real money that Annihilus was included in the FF movie rights that were sold to Fox over a decade ago. Probably no dice there. (and probably why if these are indeed Skrulls, they'll have to call them Chitauri)

Maybe the Skrulls just shape shifted into Frost Giants for the trailer. They CAN do that after all. ;)

Well played, sir, well played.

I don't know if it says more about me or the amount of cool stuff that came out of ToyFare, but I'm already thinking of wave 45 as really old news... 43 isn't even out yet!

I'm the same way, but it's likely because:

-I'm really lookin forward to series 43 and the Best of

-I'm (Kang) DYING (Kang) to (Kang) see (Kang) what (Kang) is (Kang) shown (Kang) at (Kang) SDCC (Kang).

oh, me too... certainly. Loving the stuff we've got coming (just not 44 or 45)

You're not looking forward to 44?

I get 45, I'm there with ya. But 44's got a few good things in it. Beardy Thor is a nice (if un-needed except for the head) update, the Antman/Giant Man additions and that killer sweet Sentry. That's the one I'm digging on most. And if the Hulk is the same color as the Series 43 one, I'll grudgingly buy a couple of those, so I can do a hand swap.

It's okay, Mystery, I'm excited for 44 too.

Which is why I'm passing on the Best of wave without feeling guilty.

I know that thought trail... but I need to be strong!

I'm not really knocking these mates, I'm sure those who are familiar with that era and style are very much up for them. I'm just... not

anyway, this is the wave 45 thread, not 44!

my bad

Well, nertz!

As a matter of economics, I have avoided Marvel movie mates to this point. With trying to keep up with new releases and doubling back for mates I missed, my toy budget has been stretched tight.

My oldest son collect minimates with me, and his occassionally throwing in for a set or wave helps. And it's something we can do together. There have been exceptions here and there- Dugan and Jones from Cap, the Destroyer from Thor, Happy Hogan... you know, the side characters that it's unlikely regular Marvel minimates will ever make.

Well, tonight I was looking at some Toy Fair pictures on AMS, and we rolled around to the gallery that shows Wave 45 and the TRU wave. And my dear, sweet youngest son look at me and with all the earnestness his 6 y/o voice can muster says "Daddy, I want to start collecting movie minimates with you the way you collect comics ones with Paul." Now it was because of Paul picking up a few of the Wal-Mart packs ways back when that I first became aware of minimates, and he was half Richie's age now when we started buying minimates. But knowing I started Paul too young, I have been reluctant to let Richie have a mate collection of his own. But the boy is 6, he gerenally takes good care of his stuff, and is careful with small pieces. And I can think of no good reason not to go down this road with him, other than my own anal retentive completeism that will want to slowly get him all of them.

Oh, what to do, what to do.