UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was Beavis waaaaaaaaay before Beavis was & I've never been Butthead ....I am Corhholio ....er...buttheadsmate :biggrin:

Boomer is my favourite although I'm not a particularly keen fan of the character but it's a lovely 'mate. Punisher,Kingpin & Spidey are damned fine Minimates & worthy redos....that's not a back handed compliment either,I like freshened up characters & these 3 benefit from the freshening. Daredevil is great as well but to me the Marvel Knights version was my first love & I'm not fickle .....it is a lovely 'mate though . The others are lovely 'mates but I have little affection or knowledge of their characters to give any sort of opinion....nice looking critters.

Boomer is my favourite although I'm not a particularly keen fan of the character but it's a lovely 'mate.

We will soooooooooooo have to agree to disagree. I'd call it a well-executed version of a fugly fiasco. It'll be interesting to see how Boom-Boom does come end-of-the-year awards time; I could see her placing highly in both the Best and Worst categories. She's just that divisive.

If you really want that pic to be comics accurate, you have to figure out some ways to hide their feet.

laugh.gif Maybe have them standing in a puddle of water... or surrounded by smoke/fog from some unknown source...

i'm digging your pics, Demonpr... maybe i'll post my team shots tomorrow! it's been so long since i've read X-Force, but was Deadpool really featured much except towards the end of New Mutants for a couple of issues? i thought about including him in my X-Force set, but opted not to...

DSC02409.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

Edited by CortherX

Deadpool was never a member of X-Force... he was more akin to a villain in those days if you ask me. Might be able to call him a neutral, but I honestly didn't read early X-Force much, so I could be talking out my butt... lol. But villain was how I saw him back then. But in any event, no he wasn't a featured character/member of the book. Truth be told I don't even know if he was funny yet at that point...

Deadpool developed his popularity later on, when he started gaining more and more solo titles and solo momentum. Now through years of humorous development and gaining popularity, he's pretty much just grown into one of the good guys (if an extremely chaotic and unpredictable good guy who doesn't have a pesky "no killing" rule, lol)... even though I don't think he was originally conceived as one.

He's part of the X-Force boxed set anyway though, because of his current popularity I assume. He and Cable are there to sell Feral and Domino (Not that there's anything wrong with Feral and Domino, but ya'know. Secondary character. Girls. Less sales power.) And while he wasn't the focus of the book, he was still one of their early characters, created alongside them, and definitely part of their roots.

I wouldn't put him in a team display though, no. Fighting them maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Marvel will retcon Deadpool into being an X-Force member at one point or another. He's probably the only real thing of value about Liefeld's work on that title (and the New Mutants before it).

Liefeld is also only really responsible for the design of the character and his job, isn't he? The majority of his character & humour was added by writers that came after, wasn't it?