UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that Cypher mate custom? I don't remember them making him yet.

DST were sneaky and put a Doug Ramsey head under Warlocks clip mask. They also included a blonde hair-piece & the chest block underneath his chest-cap featured a NM uniform with some of the 'tech' patterns that indicate when Doug & Warlock had merged.

You can see the pieces over at MMDB

Liefeld is also only really responsible for the design of the character and his job, isn't he? The majority of his character & humour was added by writers that came after, wasn't it?

Deadpool may have been created by Liefield but Mcguinness and Joe Kelly made him who he is

This.

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity, is anyone else still seeing piles of this wave at their local stores? All three of mine still have at least a full case on the pegs; one of the stores has two cases out. I check a couple times a week, and I'm pretty sure neither one has restocked since late July, so it appears these are just... hangin'.

I'm hoping there's not a ton of these still sitting on shelves that's keeping wave 14 stuck in a warehouse... as it is, it's starting to look like 14 is going to be the "holiday shopping" wave.

I'm not seeing too many of this wave, but I'm still seeing a lot of twelve. The good news is that Marvel Minimates have done well enough at TRU that they seem to get restocked; the bad news is that it often happens late enough that demand has fallen. I hope that TRU decides to put everything on that "Wave 10" SKU on clearance; that'll clear the Minimate backlog out quick.

My local TRU has been sitting on a full box of Wave 13 for about a month. But it doesn't help that they're lumped into the Avengers toy display at the front of the store where no one looks.

They're also sitting on three boxes of X-Men First Class Minimates, and even at half-price, those are not going to move any time soon.

• 3 months later...

Thread necro!

But with genuine scientific interest: I am still seeing a ton of this wave hanging on pegs! The three stores I visit seemed to have gotten the usual amount of wave 14 (one case in late October, another two to three cases in November and December) and have mostly sold through those, but there's still probably a case and a half of 13 lingering at each store. I haven't done a super thorough inventory, but it looks to be a fairly even distribution of the four sets, maybe a little heavy on Daredevil/Kingpin, but in no way have the exclusive sets been picked over.

Not sure what it is about this wave. People don't like red boxes? Anyone else finding these clogging the pegs?

Edited by Lobsterman

Not too bad in my area. The wave that's still really hanging around is the combined Thor/Cap comics set (sadly, since I love that wave).

Those Thor/Cap sets have been hanging around one my local TRUs too. Their numbers dwindled during the holiday season, but there were still several on the shelf last week. Wave 13 either didn't come to the area or zoomed through before I found it locally. Wave 14 had a short lived presence. It's funny, I thought the Alpha Flight and X-Men sets were the highlights, but the others seem to sell a lot faster.

I have 3 stores in my area and This wave is one which is still clogging the pegs, One of the stores in my area still has Xmen First Class clogging pegs their inventory is pretty high still on the wave so they have reduced the price to around 5 dollars a pack, Amazing Spiderman and MVC packs are still prevelant at the stores in my area. I also have one store with a few Herolds of Galactus on the peg.

Guess the 4 of us in Utah should be buying more :)

Edited by Bsore

UPDATE:

They had the Rolento vs. Kuma SF vs. Tekken wave, one Michonne pack, and one zombie 2 pack.

Lots of MVC3 Sentinels left, a few Universal Monsters on clearance...and yep, three X-Men origins.

These are in high abundance in the Wisconsin region (Madison, Brookfield, Appleton). Madison has at least a full case. Plus at least 3 full cases of 14. It may have dropped slightly, but I don't think so.

And I do believe I am still the only one buying SFvT at my TRU. Walking Dead sold through, a few times with both waves.

• 5 months later...

Castleton Toys R Us in Indy is lousy with them. Have your TRU call 8902 and we can do a phome order for you and ship for free

Even from another state?

Anyone have an extra Mirage and Magma set at their TRU gathering dust?

I'll check for you. I think mine does but I'm not positive.

Thank you