UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the movie mates and all.....but I'd really like to see a few ways of characters we are missing......

Brotherhood wave, Alpha Flight wave, Morlocks wave. Heck, where is my 1602 wave??

And really, don't we already have most of the Avengers Movie mates anyway? They could just make a Hawkeye/Hulk 2 pack and we'd be done!

Sorry....small random rant-burst.

Hmm... excluding the First Class wave, by the time this comes out, it'll have been almost 2 years since the last X-dedicated wave (Wave 34 in March, 2010). Of course, there have been 10 (:ohmy:) X-related boxsets with TRU companions in that time. Time for an X-wave featuring none other than Turtle's favorite... 90's X-Factor!

90's Wolfsbane (X-Force variant)/ Multiple Man

Guido/Quicksilver

Havok/Polaris

Companion TRU sets:

Doc Samson/Hela

Random/Forge

A billion and 1 times!!!!

Would love to see a Val Cooper in there somewhere too!

I love this line up - Although doc Samson & Hela are more the modern X-Factor era. Still - it would be great to get them!

Yeah, they don't strictly fit, but they're two characters I would love to see, I don't think we'll see dedicated Thor or Hulk waves soon, and they kinda fit here. And I thought about a Random/Val two-pack, but couldn't resist the chance to add Forge.

I'm pretty sure it'll be a movie-mate wave, but I hope I'm wrong.

As for who it is, I just hope it's comic-styled mates that aren't SpiderMan-centric.

While everyone's wishlists here are good, I'm just hoping for any unmade comic characters. But I'd definitely prefer Inhumans over X-Factor. Actually, I'd prefer X-Statix over X-Factor!

Enchantress/Kang

Songbird/Ghost

Falcon/Winter Soldier

Medusa/Triton

I would also love to see a "Best Of" wave of rereleased Army Builders! Aim, Hydra, maybe packed with a new character? Or preferably just 2-packs of each soldier, or mixed (AIM & Hydra pack, etc)

IF we have to have an X-Men wave (and I don't think we do), this, and only this, is the lineup I'll accept:

Banshee/Sunfire

Dazzler/Longshot

Xorn/Stepford Cuckoos Sister

New X-Men Magneto (variant)/Stepford Cuckoos Sister

TRU Exclusives:

Blob/Avalanche

Pyro/Spiral

Though I'd still rather have my Avengers Forever wave:

Wasp/Kang

Songbird/Captain Marvel

Hawkeye/Space Phantom

Rick Jones (variant)/Space Phantom

TRU Exclusives:

Goliath/3-D Man

Cap/Immortus

Edited by hellpop

Maybe

Wasp/Kang

Songbird/Hawkeye

Captain Marvel/Space Phantom

Although funny that Toad still gets no love even in wishlists.

Maybe

Wasp/Kang

Songbird/Hawkeye

Captain Marvel/Space Phantom

I'd prefer:

Songbird/Hawkeye

Captain Marvel (Genis)/Rick Jones

Kang/Space Phantom

Immortus (variant)/Space Phantom

Genis & Rick share a body, but Kang & Immortus are arguably the same guy.

As my reader knows the Brubaker/Epting 'Captain America' run re-ignited my long-dead Marvel comic-book reading & indirectly my final conversion to total Minimate obsession. Is it any wonder therefore that I've been amongst the most vociferous in my desire for the Winter Soldier & Falcon?

I love the Kang kangpaign & Kang,of course, would sell & sell well but can anyone honestly say that they or anybody else could resist my two favourite 'undones'?

For the record I doubt whether I'd be here tonight writing about my 'most wanted' if I hadn't been completely enthralled by that Cap run & perhaps it sounds naive but I really doubt that the Cap movie would have been as well-received.... as it obviously was.... IF that (Cap) run hadn't been such a success. Bucky was just Cap's sidekick,the Winter Soldier on the other hand was a raw,nasty,cold,ruthless,heartless bastard programmed to kill who finally evolved into a raw,nasty,cold,ruthless Captain America . Steve Rogers will always be 'Cap' but.... bloody hell....Bucky Cap was awesome.

The Falcon on the other hand SHOULD be made ,the first Marvel Afro-American series hero without a Minimate incarnation after 8 years with God knows how many irrelevant B-listers recently ....for f*cking shame DST <_<

I completely agree, Rob. Brubaker really did reinvigorate the character and has been one of the most consistently outstanding titles for going on ten years now. And, yes, I think the notion that Cap could be interesting enough to carry a movie comes in large part from the three dimensional character Brubaker made him in the book. And, it kind of sucks that

they just wiped out all of the work he did making Bucky into a compelling Cap in his own right with the inglorious kill-off in Fear Itself, probably just for the sake of continuity with the movie.

Falcon is, arguably, the biggest omission in the Marvel Minimates line. I thought for sure we'd have him by now, particularly with the Vulture's wings being so perfect for him. Winter Soldier is simply a missed opportunity. One of the few examples of a character return done right, and one of the more popular Marvel characters of the last few years. His fate should not effect the viability of his Minimate.

I still can't believe that we're getting Captain America-centric Minimate sets this year and not getting these two guys. Just remember, when you're opening your "Captain America in a jacket" and "Captain America in some odd, black-and-white costume he wore once", those spots should rightfully belong to Sam and Bucky.

Yeah - he's not demanded as much as i feel he should be either. Well - now that we have BoomBoom coming, i think i'll give him a spot on my Top 10 most wanted. I think i only ever didn't have him on there because i guess i always assumed he'd get made one day, as Valo suggested.

Anyway - this ones for you Toad!

Just remember, when you're opening your "Captain America in a jacket" and "Captain America in some odd, black-and-white costume he wore once", those spots should rightfully belong to Sam and Bucky.

Agreed! New characters before weak retreads.

EDIT: I've just had a look on the Minimates Wish List Thread - and there are a LOT of people asking for Toad. He might not have the momentum (or the Volume/noise) of the Kang Kadre, but there are a lot of people who have him as a top 10 want.

Edited by Nessex

No arguement, Falcon is the strangest omission of the line. Actually the perfect darn spot for Sam was last year instead of slightly torn costume Wolverine in that TRU pack. To make it up to us, DST, why don't you make a Cap's Sidekicks boxed set with Falcon, Nomad, Winter Soldier, and Rick Jones.

X-Static over Kang... >pfft< Someone's been in the catnip.

No arguement, Falcon is the strangest omission of the line. Actually the perfect darn spot for Sam was last year instead of slightly torn costume Wolverine in that TRU pack. To make it up to us, DST, why don't you make a Cap's Sidekicks boxed set with Falcon, Nomad, Winter Soldier, and Rick Jones.

X-Static over Kang... >pfft< Someone's been in the catnip.

I love X-Statix and I'm likely the biggest Mike Allred fan you'll ever meet. However, I'd rather read them than play with them. Now then, if they were doing a MADMAN set, you'd hear so many "wish lists" from me it'd make you think "Kang who?"