UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

If Wave 43 isn't slated for release until January/February, then Wave 44 most likely will be April/May just in time for the Avengers movie release (May 4th), so I'm pretty sure that Wave 44 will be movie Avengers and Wave 45 (June/July) will be an Amazing Spider-Man movie wave, if it isn't a TRU exclusive series. We will most likely get corresponding comic version exclusive boxsets for each (ala Thor Stormbreaker) and then post-movie comic waves based on both (ala Wave 42/TRU 12).

For the Avengers, this is going to be a really interesting release as there are a LOT of characters to fit into a single LCS and TRU wave, so I wouldn't be surprised if DST actually devoted 2 seperate waves to the Avengers.

Avengers Movie LCS wave:

- Modern Captain America/Mystery Villain

- Thor/Loki

- Hulk/Army Builder

- Iron Man/ Army Builder

Avenger Movie TRU wave:

- Modern Captain America/Mystery Villain (LCS repack)

- Thor/Loki (LCS repack)

- Hawkeye/Black Widow (TRU Exclusive)

- Nick Fury/Maria Hill (TRU Exclusive)

The biggest problem with this list is that it leaves Hulk and Iron Man out of the TRU wave, and relegates 2nd string characters to the TRU wave. I also don't think we need a new Nick Fury or Loki 'mate, but those will both probably happen. So either DST needs to spread the love out over 2 waves, or throw their previous marketing plans out the window for the Avengers....or just simply not release the 2nd string characters (ala Warriors Three).

It wouldn't surprise me if "Amazing Spider-Man" turned out to be a TRU only wave, similar to X-Men First Class. I think DST learned with Spider-Man 3 that too much can be overkill, so a simple, single wave of characters would work best for this movie. Unless there are some major surprises in store character-wise, 4 sets of 2 should be more than enough, but again, lots of civilian characters:

- Spider-Man/Lizard

- Gwen Stacey/Peter Parker

- Dr. Connors/Capt. George Stacey

- Battle Damaged Spidey/Proto-Goblin

This list leaves out Ben & May Parker, Flash Thompson, and Richard & Mary Parker. Those are really the only other "main" characters in the movie, unless there are surprises in store.

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can already see my future: A year from now, wandering to Toys R Us to find the newest, most awesomest shortpack ever only to come face to face with the same Peter/Gwen two packs that have been hanging there for months. Ughs...

In other words, it's going to be just like this summer and those damned First Class mates...

you 'really?'ing me?

if so, what do you mean 'really?'

are you asking whether they'll be making ASM mates? Surely whatever people think of the idea, surely ASM mates are inevitable.

are you asking whether I really want Garfield and Stone minimates? Really. I don't really bother with movie mates unless its a new comic accurate character, that said, I'd definitely buy those I mentioned, as I think highly of those actors. That's why I'd be happy. I can't speak for anyone else.

I don't know if you were replying to youbastards... that would make a little more sense, but you've posted since then already, and that'd still mean you were asking if they were really making them.

I'm not having a go... I just don't know what you're asking. :confused:

I have a feeling the Lizard in this film will be visually distinct enough for me to buy myself one. I'm not sure... but from what I heard from the convention footage the Lizard in this is pretty much kickass... As for the XMFC minis, I personally loved that set but I can understand how it might not have sold well.

I'll get SOME ASM minis: The new suit and Lizard for sure and maybe Proto-Goblin depending on how he looks. But beyond that... probably not.

wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of waves for Avengers.

I agree - i wouldn't be shocked if we see 2 avengers lines and an ASM. Including Wave 43 - thats 4 of 2012's waves gone.

How many waves do we usuasally see produced per year?

I was saying really to you boba, sorry about the confusion. I think Andrew Garfield is perfect for Peter Parker, and I actually like the movie suit, but they're going to have to go all out to get me excited about an ASM wave. I know they're trying to get the casual buyers with that wave, but the characters present in ASM and Avengers if we get a wave for both......that's a lot of retreads.

Would love to see an uncanny xforce styled dethlok

I would rather have a proper Luthor Manning Deathlok the Demolisher before some X-Force variant.

A trillion times YES! Deathlok is one of those one-and-done characters that would really compliment the existing Marvel stuff AND is a great 70's classic character. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen him, as he's both a real curveball yet a complete natural choice for a minimate.

I was saying really to you boba, sorry about the confusion. I think Andrew Garfield is perfect for Peter Parker, and I actually like the movie suit, but they're going to have to go all out to get me excited about an ASM wave. I know they're trying to get the casual buyers with that wave, but the characters present in ASM and Avengers if we get a wave for both......that's a lot of retreads.

no worries V, and I couldn't agree more... I can't imagine being anywhere near wowed by ASM, as much as I love Spidey. Apart from, as you pointed out before, Capt. Stacy, it'll be little more than more of the same. As a big fan of both Garfield and Stone, that's the positives I'm taking from it.

Dethlok, doppleganger, demogoblin, maximum carnage that'd be awesome to get.

Change out Deathlok for Shriek and you got a fantastic MC boxed set on your hands that everybody would buy. Keep Deathlok for a regular relese in a futre marvel wave.

Would love to see an uncanny xforce styled dethlok

I would rather have a proper Luthor Manning Deathlok the Demolisher before some X-Force variant.

A trillion times YES! Deathlok is one of those one-and-done characters that would really compliment the existing Marvel stuff AND is a great 70's classic character. I'm actually surprised we haven't seen him, as he's both a real curveball yet a complete natural choice for a minimate.

I just haven't found Dethlok an interesting character until he popped up in UXF....but then again I'm kind of an Uncanny X Force fanboy...

Really I prefer the Michael Collins Deathlock over Luther Manning Deathlock, but that's just me. I'd be happy with either. But hey, DST? If you do decide to make a Deathlock minimate, please pick a version and go with it. Back in the day, Marvel Legends gave us this wierd hybrid version of both Manning and Collins that looked like neither. I think they wanted to please fans of both and ended up pleasing nobody.

Collins all the way.

And he seems like the perfect candidate for inclusion a TRU wave:

• fan-loved, but kind of random B-list character

• in a current book, but with historical relevance

• compliments a recent box set, but doesn't leave any loose ends by starting another team

• has teamed up with enough people that he could logically pair with Spidey, Wolvie, or even Cap

• is a cool-looking robot guy with a big gun

Man, I would kill for a Deathlok, regardless of which version it is. That said, I would strongly argue that the newest Deathlock would be the best option (not in his X-Force, get up, obviously), mainly because he has those badass claws. Maybe we can trick Chuck into thinking he's a weird Wolverine variant...

post-2762-0-07873500-1318522938_thumb.jp

Edited by funkguerilla