UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

I think we can assume marvel Wave 44 has hit the preproduction stage with designs and protos being evaluated. So what is this wave going to be? It will probably arrive in March 2012. Let the guesses begin!

I think this will be a comic avenger wave to wet appetites for the movie.

Tigra/Mockingbird

Hawkeye/Grim Reaper

Kang/616 Shield

Variant Immortus/616 Shield

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br />I think we can assume marvel Wave 44 has hit the preproduction stage with designs and protos being evaluated. So what is this wave going to be? It will probably arrive in March 2012. Let the guesses begin!<br /><br />I think this will be a comic avenger wave to wet appetites for the movie.<br /><br />Tigra/Mockingbird<br />Hawkeye/Grim Reaper<br />Kang/616 Shield<br />Variant Immortus/616 Shield<br />
<br /><br /><br /> you and your dreams of kang

You could also try

Black Knight / Kang

Tigra / Grim Reaper

Mockingbird (current costume) / Lava Man

Mockingbird (classic costume) / Lava Man

(not saying I don't want SHIELD Agents, but this has a better villain to hero ratio)

An all female wave.

They'd never do it - but i'd buy the Hel(a) out of that wave!!!!

So - do we have some kind of confirmation on what wave 43 actually is, or are we just getting way ahead of ourselves for the fun of it?

Whenever we see new Avengers, I'd like them to sprinkle in a couple members of the Masters of Evil. It'd be nice to start building the villainous counterpart to the Avengers, but I suppose if Baron Zemo hasn't ever been seriously considered that's not likely.

I don't care who's in it, just as long as Kang is part of the wave. BTW, when the day comes that DST officially unveils the aforementioned Kang, will we, the members of the MMMV, declare that day an official holiday or will that be reserved for the day he is released to the public? Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

id love to see a fear itself wave(s), though wave 44 would probably be too late, im upset that DST couldnt make any fear itself stuff, even if it was for NYCC it would be in time for the last issue/epilogue so would sell.

my line up would be:

Thor(in Odin armor with sword)/ Sin

Nul (Hulk) / Angir (Thing)

Steve Rodgers/ Nazi Robot

Ironman (Uru armor)/ Nazi Robot

while id love that, id rather have a thunderbolts wave:

Boomerang/Mister Hyde

Centurius/Man-thing

Fixer/ Raft Guards

Mach V/ Raft Guards

maybe with a follow up TRU wave:

Luke cage/ Songbird

Satanna/ Ghost

My impossible guess would be a completion/most wanted wave

Black Knight/Songbird

Dogpool/Throg

Tigra/Rama-Tut

Mockingbird/Immortus (Still no Kang) :tongue:

TRU corresponding Wave

Black Knight/Songbird

Moonstar/Magma

Comic First Class Beast/Comic First Class Bobby Drake (De-Iced)

Firelord/Airwalker

if your doing comic based avengers dont forget Spidey and Wolvie there is no way they are going to slide by.

This wave is enough to give DSTChuck and TRU an Nerdgasm

A comic based wave around the time of the movie allows them to rehash all the movie characters that we have multiples of but thats never stopped them before.

A Black Widow and Hawkeye would be nice. As Widow as had alot of looks so could be redone without copying the one from the Champions boxset and a slimmer Hawkeye base on Wave 20 is ok.

The Avengers I would like to see are

Tigra and Black Knight (These are my top 2 if they where released and the rest was rehashes I wouldn't mind)

Falcon (also good for Cap America TRU 2 Pack)

Hellcat

Mockingbird

Jack Of Hearts (I like the character but I really listed him because I think the DST artists/designers would have a meltdown trying to get all his detail on a minimate.)

You're probably right moc. I'm not looking forward to the movie waves this year, I can't think of a single new character we'll be getting for The Avengers, and the only one we'd probably get for the Amazing Spider-Man is George Stacy, and that's a pretty big stretch.

Well thanks for hard slap of reality, moc. (you suck btw ;) )

In that case, I'd like a Space Armor Iron Man (pick one, there have been three), Commander Rogers, and Thor, Lord of Asgard, Short Hair Black Widow, and Mega-Rage Grey Hulk with Mr. Fixit variant. With Tribbitites army builders. (the "Terrible Toad-Men", another in the series of army builders no one was asking for.)(Sorry, Zach-man, but the Stone-Men of Saturn were waaaaaaaay down on my list of wanted army builders. points for being Thor appropriate though)

That's assuming there are going to be movie Skrulls, which remains unconfirmed. Always thought of the Kree being the Avengers main alien race villain, Skrulls for the FF

That's assuming there are going to be movie Skrulls, which remains unconfirmed. Always thought of the Kree being the Avengers main alien race villain, Skrulls for the FF

But after the event in Secret Invasion, aren't they everybody's villain in the Marvel U?

why oh why are we doing this to ourselves NONE if these are being made. Avengers Movie = more iron man, cap, and thor. :(

Yeah, when I started reading this thread, I thought the same thing. MMMV= gluttons for punishment. Although I'd bet one of these will get made, just enough to whet our appetite and dream about the possibilities. I think a modern Mockingbird/Hawkeye pack is a possibility, but my gut says Tigra. I don't know why, but it says Tigra. But, then again, I've been a little ill...

But after the event in Secret Invasion, aren't they everybody's villain in the Marvel U?

Well, since Skrulls who could copy the powers of captured foes first showed up in X-Men, Skrulls have been shown allied with Apocolypse, impersonating Wolverine for months, and Prof. X even training a group of Skrull mutants, that Skrulls are more X-villians than Avenger's foes. Point being, the Skrull's have fought everybody before, just not everybody at once like SI.

I still think of them as Fantastic Four villains though.

And if they are in fact in the Avengers Movie, I'm going to find it odd and mildly inappropriate. And possibly a waste of n appearance, since with Loki around, and all those heroes that will need screen time, they'll be reduced to a cannon fodder army to mowed down by the Big Guns.