UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 44

Jatta Pake

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rulk, being Gen. Ross, is still motivated by his own twisted sense of patriotism. Thus he's agreed to use his powers to defend the country and the planet under Cap's direction. Ross is serving with the Avengers, but it's hard to call him a member since they neither like or trust Rulk with good reason.

Female GR- same demon/angel whichever (I have lost track of what Zarathos has been retconned into being, or even if it's still the real Zarathos) that possessed Blaze, transfered to a new host. Blaze gave up his curse willingly, but the people who assisted in helping him may not have been trust worthy. (no, really? shocking) Thus GR 3.0. So far, not overly impressed. But then they keep writing the GR's I like into corners, so wachagonnado?

Thanks for the info Mirymate. I don't keep up on Hulk so I never knew Rulk was Gen. Ross. I actually just figured he was a different version of Banner... like how Superman is affected differently by green and red kryponite I thought Hulk was just red as a reaction to something different.

Anyway I wouldn't mind a new version of Ghost Rider, though like others here, I only like him for his visual elements. Don't really like or dislike the character but there's something cool about a guy in a leather jacket with a flaming skull for a head.

Isnt red hulk a villain?

red hulk is now a member of the avengers, hes not really a good guy, but hes fighting for the good guy side, but i thought he died in fear itself??

You guys ought to be reading the (red) Hulk series. Not only will it answer all your questions, but it's pretty freaking rad to boot. As it stands currently, Rulk isn't a villain per se, instead he's more like a crotchety old man who just wants to be left alone. And of course, when a hulk wants to be left alone, everyone wants to go pick on him. Suffice to say, his month to month adventures are all kinds of action packed and truly a highlight in my monthly reading pile. Quality old-school stuff, in a new school dressing.

Also, no, he did not die in Fear Itself. he basically just showed up for a few issues (a crossover into his own series), faced off against the new MODOK, traded blows with The Thing (Angarr, I think was his name at the time), and ultimately got knocked miles away by a wayward hammer swing. Fun times.

For awhile he could change back to his human form but didn't b/c somebody (long story) put a nanite-y thing in his head so they could track him when he changed and blow him up with it. That was recently destroyed, so he can change back to Ross now. It really is a great comic book. I highly recommend it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO insanely freaking sick of Female versions of classic characters.

Come on Marvel - let's come up with some awesome characters who AREN'T just gender variations, shall we?

This team should be called the 'Cash Cows': cheap knock offs of marvels best selling licenses all thrown into one team! They'll no doubt be facing off again Ms Sinister, Lady Bullseye, Lady Loki & MODAM throughout the series! Maybe we'll even get to see the rise of Magneta!

It is an annoying trend, but it did lead to this a couple years back, which cracked me up:

ladystiltman1.jpg

that name is a contradiction in itself :P

theres a few gender bend characters i actually enjoy,

red she-hulk: they arent abusing her, shes gonna have a good role on the defenders and shes bad ass with her Uru weapon

lady bullseye: she serves as a place holder while lester was having his fun with osborn, and makes more sense for someone kingpin would hire.

sin: Sin has proven to be a great villain and not just a female version of red skull

That new Fantastic Four team really makes me wonder what's in the kool aid over at Marvel. Then again, they've been trying to "fix" things that aren't broken for a while now, so you get what you pay for. As for Wave 44, I think we'd all be better off not even making these wishlists or speculating on what might be, because I don't think I was alone in being excited when we thought the Wave 43 series might contain a new Rhino, Boomerang, Beetle, even Speed Demon and instead got the Jean DeWolff wave. The DeWolff mates all look nice, but so many civilians and repeats definitely were a letdown when compared to what we were hoping for. I completely realize we did it to ourselves, but I'm beginning to think a lot of the disappointment we feel comes from getting our hopes up too much.

Oh, and Chuck, if you want to know what I want: Winter Soldier, Kang, Songbird, and the Wrecking Crew. You can put Winter Soldier in a box set with Spidey, Wolverine and Iron Man even, I promise not to complain once.

Worth a shot.

Okay this is just me, but I thought it was fun speculating and wishlisting what the Spidey wave might be, and I also love what it turned out to be, it wasn't a letdown for me at all. As you say, you only feel disappointed if you start expecting things. I have zero expectations for the Marvel line, except that it continue on, so when they announce something I like then I'm happy, and when they announce something I don't care about then I wait for the next thing. And I guess my brain just never makes that jump from "It'd be cool to get a Rhino!" to "Hey, where's that Rhino we were due!"

Don't get me wrong, I occasionally think "What the smurf?" when I see a choice like Age Of X, but it isn't upsetting to me in any real life way. Minor nitpicks and infrequent QC issues aside, I enjoy 99-point-whatever percent of this hobby, which is the whole point of it really. For me. YMMV, etc etc.

It doesn't upset me, I'm not weeping into my pillow at night about it, but I'm saying if you get your hopes up for one thing, then get something that is not as exciting as what you thought it might be, no matter how good what you do get is there's still some feeling of disappointment that it wasn't what you hoped for. I only say this because reading some of the posts in this topic, some people are definitely going to be let down if they really think they're going to get what they're suggesting/hoping for. I mean look at Pyro: Cool design, well known due to the X-Movies, prominent team member, and still nothing. Makes perfect sense to make him, but I doubt he's coming up, and I'm seeing far more obscure choices than him in this topic. Just saying.

I only say this because reading some of the posts in this topic, some people are definitely going to be let down if they really think they're going to get what they're suggesting/hoping for.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with you, if people actually create expectation in their head then it must be a letdown. And nothing ever gets announced without someone being annoyed that "character x isn't character y", so people must do that, I just don't get the mindset is all. Boom-Boom looks like an awesome Boom-Boom so I'm excited to get her, even though there are plenty of other characters I like more. To to be disappointed she's not Kang doesn't make much sense to me, we'll get him at some point (and someone out there will be let down by that selection too).

Anyway, my only real point was speculating is fun when you don't make that leap to expectation.

I completely agree with your last paragraph, I'm all for speculating, as long as the group mentality of "That'd be awesome, and it makes sense to make them because of X, Y and Z." and it starts to get some support, then you find out it's Captain America in a jacket instead of Falcon doesn't turn into disappointment over something that was pure conjecture to start.

A Fantastic Four set to go along with that last TRU set would be ideal. I feel like they've been pretty un-represented in minimates, compared to Spider-Man or the X-Men.

How 'bout another Reed with lots of new arm and leg attachments that matches the color of the TRU one, a Thing that matches the paint color of the one we just got but with a one-piece head to blend better with the whole body, and a shit ton of all-new bad guys/supporting characters.

Annihilus, Ronan, Crystal, Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, Medusa, Maximum the Mad, Rama Tut, Wizard, Trapster, Moleoids...