UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 43? - Spidey Comic-based

fwoosheyman

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let it be know I'm watching you all, no putting Aunt Mays head on Emma Frost or one of the Black Queens Minimates as that would be just wrong. Wrong I tell you! :wacko::sick:

I just... I don't know why you'd even say something like that. You know who's on this board.

post-238-0-52213300-1317750154_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobsterman

Now let it be know I'm watching you all, no putting Aunt Mays head on Emma Frost or one of the Black Queens Minimates as that would be just wrong. Wrong I tell you! :wacko::sick:

I just... I don't know why you'd even say something like that. You know who's on this board.

Uncle Ben's Christmas's all at once!

She looks good, although I think this pretty much kills our chance of getting Uncle Ben to match her. I do have to question Chuck's rationale that some characters won't sell though after they give a slot to an elderly woman. I'm glad to have an Aunt May, but I think a Spidey box set might have been a better spot for her.

It's Aunt May. Only Alfred and Lois Lane are better known comics civilians to the general public.

On the other hand, she's sort of an in-action figure. What are her accessories? Plate of wheat-cakes and a heart monitor? (You could make the case that May is the toughest character in the Spider-verse, look how many times she's fully recovered from death's door.(deals with the devil not withstanding))

And, sorry, I know he's an important character and all, but I don't get the desire for an Uncle Ben minimate. What, reversible head and chest blocks so you can depict him dead? Maybe a semi transparent Ghost-Ben to recreate all those patented Parker nightmares where Uncle Ben shows up and everything is okay and Peter decides not to quit being Spider-Man for another week?

The May mate itself look good. Need to see the back of her hairpiece though to confirm it's the classic bun headed May, not modern short haired May.

If you take off Aunt May's skirt... you get uncle ben!

2 in 1... good work DST!

At first I wondered what you where hinting at. But looking at the face put a different hairpiece on and some none flesh coloured legs and I agree it does look very very much like an Uncle Ben.

Here’s a quick recipe for Uncle Ben:

-Bring Water to Boil

-Add Rice to Water

-Allow to cook for 10 minutes uncovered

But seriously, if you have the TRU BttF2 Time Machine and BttF3 and Anniversary box sets the crappiest parts of Doc Brown make for a terrific Uncle Ben.

-Replace BttF3 Doc’s face with Anniversary set Doc’s (Anni Doc has a better likeness)

-Replace Anniversary Doc’s head with that of BttF2 time machine Doc’s head (again, better likeness)

-Take BttF3’s head and Anniversay’s head on it, place these on BttF2 Time Machine’s body.

Now you’ll have two Doc Brown’s that look like Christopher Lloyd (sorta) and one generic old man who’s hair, head, and outfit never really looked that much like Doc to begin with but when put next to Spider-man people will just assume is Uncle Ben.

To answer your question Miry, I don't really feel like I NEED an Uncle Ben, but if we're getting Aunt May it just seems odd not to have him as well. I know she's been a long-standing supporting character so she has more weight, but without Ben, no Spider-Man.

You know... if those are SHIELD agents, I just know they're gonna have white outfit accents, and you guys know that's gonna bother me. As I am apparently the last man on the planet to whom SHIELD going to a uniform dark blue / white uniforms instead of the old color accent system still bothers. RED BLAST IT! The accents should be red on field agents!!! Only the Director wore white!! ARRRRRGH!!!

There. I feel better. Promise to almost never bring that up again... maybe... month or two tops.

Hey DST, please tell us that the Aunt May minimate will come with a tiny Ms. Lion accessory.

Scan+020+-+Spider-Man+And+His+Amazing+Friends+%23555+page+9+panel+5.jpg

I've given up hope a long time ago getting Ms. Lion for a minimate Pet Avengers. Fortunately, I found a MU Mary Jane that had a Ms. Lion. But a proper minimated one would be a total surprise. Please surprise me!

Then really he should come in a 2-pack with a Radioactive Spider minimate...

I think Chuck will eventually do a spider-bite Peter Parker minimate with teenage nerd Peter and hand with a small spider on it. Hopefully a sculpted spider and not a decal.

I just can't imagine how much time & trouble went into designing Aunt May .

Maybe I can . <_<

Come on now, I thought you and Grannyhog would be happier to see your age group represented in mate form.