UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And using yb's logic, I now want a Gideon mate to justify a Great Lakes Avengers. Or I'd even take a Gideon 2-pack if it was with Squirrel Girl. :wub:

Squirrel Girl's now appearing in the Avengers, so that means she should deserve to be in a 2-pack with Luke Cage. Or Jarvis at least.

Isn't Jarvis a computer? How would you package that? But I could totally go for a Squirrel Girl. *gasp!* Squirrel Girl/Miss Martian dream 2 pack!

Jarvis' character is human in the comics although in the IM movie it's a computer .

I dread having to say 'Squirrel Girl' because it sounds like 'Skwerlgerl' with my accent. :confused:

Movie-verse and EMH-verse J.A.R.V.I.S. (Just A Rather Very Inteligent System) is a computer system. In most comics, Edwin Jarvis was the butler for the Stark's who started working for them before Howard and Maria's death. He continued to serve as the head of the New York mansions staff even while Tony moved out to go to college and never really came back to the house. Jarvis was the only member of the staff willing to stay on after Tony turned the Mansion over to the Avegners at thier first official meetings. He has served continuously for every East Coast branch of the Avengers since, maintaining their headquarters. cooking for them, cleaning up after them, and generally helping in any way he can. The only two exceptions being when he was injured following being tortured my Mr. Hyde during the Masters of Evil takeover of the mansion, and the period he was replaced by a Skrull. Jarvis has been a close and friend and confidant to many members of the team, including Hawkeye (who he helped convince to give up crime and join the team), Captain America (Jarvis was Cap's only real confidant when Steve first awakened), the Vision (the shared an interest in literature and chess), and of course Tony Stark (the view each other like family, more like Uncle/Nephew). Check out Avengers v1. #280 as a standout Jarvis issue.

Since it's kind of come up, once Kang gets made I'm staking claim to Squirrel Girl as the next figure that DST won't make, but needs to. Just sayin'. I will be what Lee Burns is for a Marvel Select Flash Thompson Venom for a Squirrel Girl Minimate.

Ah, Squirrel Girl...:wub:

Edited by groundhog7s

I think Marvel has overestimated Deadpool's popularity a bit; he's more of a cult character, on the level of, say Ghost Rider, then Wolverine. He's proven he's got an audience, but the 4-5 monthly titles Marvel was publishing with him a year or so ago was a bit much. Of course, Marvel loves to flood the market, lest they allow retailers to have any money to spend on other companies' titles.

That said, I've got no problem with this set. THIS is what an exclusive should be: those that don't care don't feel like they have to jump through hoops for these, and fans of the property are just glad to get characters they probably wouldn't have seen at retail. So, kudos.

I'm surprised more isn't being made of those accessories. Y'all saw the LIGHT SABRES, right? Can't you think of anything you might want to do with Minimate light sabres? :starwars:

Edited by hellpop

I think I may pass on the Deadpool box set, but then again the hood from Kidpool combined with a spare Nightcrawler minimate might allow me to make a certain Vampire-turned-Wrath...

I wrote a Headpool bio at the last minute, but I guess they didn't have time to add it. Here's the text, and I think it's pretty accurate.

(And I'll let the "inaccurate" dis slide, since I wasn't writing the packaging copy until a few months ago -- although Marvel has ALWAYS approved our text, as far as I know; they certainly took me to task on my lack of Age of X knowledge):

Deadpool

Wade Wilson, the merc with a mouth, is good at three things: violence, not dying and being a bit funny in the head. So when he was found to be the only one immune to the consciousness-destroying Awareness, he had to team up with his alternate-reality counterparts to form... The Deadpool Corps!

Lady Deadpool

An alternate-reality Deadpool from Earth-3010, Wanda was a rebel, fighting against a fascist American government spearheaded by General America. In addition to Deadpool's slippery brain, she also possesses his deadly abilities with pretty much any weapon known to man.

Championpool

Born shortly after the Big Bang, the Champion has fought thousands of aliens on thousands of worlds, mastering every form of combat in the galaxy, and has become virtually unbeatable. So when he found out the comically ragtag Deadpool Corps was going to save the universe, he wanted in.

Kidpool

On Earth-10330, young Wade Wilson was a student at the Xavier Orphange for troubled boys along with young versions of Cyclops and Wolverine. Recruited by our Deadpool to save the universe, he brought along a pair of energy swords he stole from his reality's Danger Room.

Headpool

Headpool is Deadpool's disembodied head from an alternate universe where everyone is a zombie. 'Nuff said.

Edited by Zach Oat

Nice descriptions Zach. Do you know why the Champion was made in Deadpool gear and not just his classic look (since that's how he first was when he fought the DC)? I understand the costume continuity for the set, but it just seems odd to get a one-time look for a character that's looked differently for a long time.

Headpool

Headpool is Deadpool's disembodied head from an alternate universe where everyone is a zombie. 'Nuff said.

I'm going to write that out on a post-it note and stick it on the box set so it doesn't go to waste. :thumbsup:

The bios are going to get better now because Zach's going to want to prove Miry wrong and Miry is going to try to prove Zach wrong. And Zach is probably going to do something like every other word in the bio spelling out "suck it Miry". :biggrin:

who is this deadpool everyone is talking about?

One thing it is is a mediocre Dirty Harry sequel. I saw it a couple weeks ago for the first time. You ask yourself, "Clint and Liam Neeson going at it? Jim Carrey lip-syncing and gyrating to a Guns N Roses classic? What could go wrong?" Well, if you waste your time with that POS movie, you'll find out.

*Now back to our regularly scheduled Deadpool box set complaints.* :D

Probably the longest running cross-company in-joke of all time. Wade Wilson, Deadpool: super powered mercenary with a strong reputation that we never heard of till he crossed swords with the Junior X-Men. Slade Wilson, Deathstroke: super powered mercenary with a strong reputation that we never heard of till he crossed swords with the Junior JLA. Even Liefield has admitted to the "homage". Shrug.

Nice descriptions Zach. Do you know why the Champion was made in Deadpool gear and not just his classic look (since that's how he first was when he fought the DC)? I understand the costume continuity for the set, but it just seems odd to get a one-time look for a character that's looked differently for a long time.

I think they just wanted to make the team, and when he was on the team, Champion dressed like Deadpool, simple as that.

One thing it is is a mediocre Dirty Harry sequel. I saw it a couple weeks ago for the first time. You ask yourself, "Clint and Liam Neeson going at it? Jim Carrey lip-syncing and gyrating to a Guns N Roses classic? What could go wrong?" Well, if you waste your time with that POS movie, you'll find out.

Hey, The Dead Pool is a great movie. Murder by R/C car!