UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

Hey, The Dead Pool is a great movie. Murder by R/C car!

Didn't they use that plot in the Adam West episode of Batman the Animated series? The one where Bruce Timm himself played the villain?

And let's just say that in past days, Zach, that the bios have not always been accurate. I have not seen anything recently that's been notably off, so I will suspend the innaccurate cracks... until you screw up. ;)

(and I'm convinced sometimes that attention to continuity detail died with Mark Gruenwald at the House of Ideas, and don't trust their "fact checking")

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that none of you customisers have twigged that a Zombie Daredevil Minimate will provide most if not all of the components to go with Headpool thus giving us Zombie Deadpool! I'm not sure whether the reds would match but hey that'll make it even more production-line accurate :whistling:

[Zach Oat deflates noticeably, pierced by barb, and leaves thread.]

Edited by Zach Oat

Actually, Headpool is Zombie Deadpool, possibly from the same Zombie-verse as the other released Marvel Zombies, maybe from another really, really similar dimension. Marvel has been clearly vague on the subject. But I don't think Zombie-verse fans should celebrate thinking this marks the end of the Marvel Zombie ban.

I'm surprised that none of you customisers have twigged that a Zombie Daredevil Minimate will provide most if not all of the components to go with Headpool thus giving us Zombie Deadpool! I'm not sure whether the reds would match but hey that'll make it even more production-line accurate :whistling:

[Zach Oat deflates noticeable, pierced by barb, and leaves thread.]

Which would be a shame because my comment was a low shot even for me. I ,like everybody else here,loves Minimates & I have particularly embraced the way you have come onto this forum & tackled things head on ,it is refreshing & I applaud you for doing so.

So...er....sorry Zach :sad:

[buttheadsmate deflates incredibly....piercings by Barbie ,inconsolable .]

Hey, The Dead Pool is a great movie. Murder by R/C car!

Didn't they use that plot in the Adam West episode of Batman the Animated series? The one where Bruce Timm himself played the villain?

And let's just say that in past days, Zach, that the bios have not always been accurate. I have not seen anything recently that's been notably off, so I will suspend the innaccurate cracks... until you screw up. ;)

(and I'm convinced sometimes that attention to continuity detail died with Mark Gruenwald at the House of Ideas, and don't trust their "fact checking")

Yeah, but they'll all tell you that Brevoort's an even bigger continuity wonk then Gruenwald was, so... what the heck's going on over there?

The funny thing about Gruenwald is that he was more of a DC fan, and knew more about the Justice League then anybody. And he's still missed.

[Zach Oat deflates noticeable, pierced by barb, and leaves thread.]

Which would be a shame because my comment was a low shot even for me. I ,like everybody else here,loves Minimates & I have particularly embraced the way you have come onto this forum & tackled things head on ,it is refreshing & I applaud you for doing so.

So...er....sorry Zach :sad:

[buttheadsmate deflates incredibly....piercings by Barbie ,inconsolable .]

The bright side: we're a lot less mean than Mattel fans. :thumbsup:

The bright side: we're a lot less mean than Mattel fans. :thumbsup:

Wait... Mattel has fans? I thought the only folks who thought they were wonderful were also getting free toys for review. Give me free stuff and I'll say nice things about you too. Seriously, I know folks who want to like them, and love their properties, but are not actual fans.

All snark aside, I thank Zach for his time, and a glad he's as active as he is. I think we all do. And we of course need to be respectful of the guy, and not try to provoke him. (anymore than any other board member) BUT just because Zach is around more than Chuck, we don't need to start worrying our opinions might upset him, or censoring what we say. They come here looking for honest fan opinion, not a bunch of yes men.

Not saying we're doing that now, but I've noticed when Zach posts something that contradicts someones opinion we, myself included, are much quicker to apologize for it where as if it were just a "civilian" like Grannyhog for instance we'd be more likely to debate him. Just a thought.

Not saying we're doing that now, but I've noticed when Zach posts something that contradicts someones opinion we, myself included, are much quicker to apologize for it where as if it were just a "civilian" like Grannyhog for instance we'd be more likely to debate him. Just a thought.

I think that's @$#%!&* and I'm very quick to debate that point.

Actually, I'd love to get into more debates around here. My school didn't have a debate club so I feel deprived (we only had a 'minor altercations club').

Please, I certainly don't want people bowing and scraping when I say something. Sure, Butthead's comment was a shot at our quality control while I was in the virtual room, but he has every right to say it. Sorry if there have been some casting mismatches in the past. When you're mass-producing pieces in multiple tools, you sometimes don't get the chance to spot something like that before the full run is underway, or even finished.

Trust me, Zach. If you've lurked here long enough, you'll know that we almost never pull our punches. We're just being relativity nice to you because you're new, not because you work for DST.

The packaging looks nice. I love the DP/Spidey. Got a chuckle out of me. Lady Deadpool still looks off though. :/

But wouldn't buying a Deadpool set at an insane price be very Deadpoolish?

Nah, stealing it right in front of Pat at AFX AND living to tell the tale would be Deadpoolish. I hope Pat doesn't hurt me for even saying that... But seriously, does anybody really buy at those presale prices?

Now I'm wondering how the Spidey packaging pics would look like. The MAX blister card or Marvel boxes? Will there be a Spidey in a firefighter suit at the top too? I hope so!