UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

Okay... we. . .demand. . . more. . .Marvel mates for. . .Gideon

Agreed 100%. Chuck et al., listen to this man!

MM :stick: K80

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record I loved the original Wave 28 Deadpool set & although I sold a couple of them I still treasure all the ones I have.Initially I had no idea who he was (:ohmy: sorry ) & only recently came to grasp that I actually had New Mutants #98amongst the mass of stuff I have in Vault #17 in Area 52 of the North Storage Area ;) . I was subsequently dismayed at the X-Force AFX version which paled in comparison yet I bought another dose of the Heroes & Adversaries box sets purely to get more of him .

These ? Yawn.

Here's a pic of the figures in the package they've posted on facebook:

316269_10150291894935678_166601910677_8173942_1359866290_n.jpg

They look a little bit better than I thought, still not overwhelming.

Now big news is*: KidPool is actually smaller than the others! Is it just the Penguin/Robin feet or is he really somehow smaller?

____

Edit: *as if this were big news...

Edited by Bob Harris

Plus, if a set this absurd sells well, it could mean that Karamazov's Squadron Supreme or Groundhog's GLA sets aren't entirely 'off the table'...

I think both of those sets are entirely possible as soon as Wolverine, Spider Man, or Deadpool joins either or both of those teams. Which, the way Marvel operates, is itself entirely possible. ;)

Sorry for the Gideon joke, guys. I came on here to see what exactly people didn't like about the set, and the Gideon stuff made me laugh. If we make Gideon before Kang, you have permission to get mad at us. Although Rob Liefeld seems to like this set on Twitter, so who knows what partnerships may result!

We do pay attention, really, and we've got some Marvel figures coming up that blow my mind, and will hopefully blow yours. But 3" Marvel Minimates will never happen, Miry. Best not to think about it.

Yeah, when the new Squadron Supreme consists of "negative universe, black and white" Deadpool, Spidey, Iron Man, and Wolverine (no beak, but wings and chicken legs added), I can easily see them being made :highfive2:

will hopefully blow yours.

Hey-O!! I can only assume you mean Defenders V2 w/Nighthawk, Hellcat. . . .Wolverine and Deadpool. Awesome.

Edited by karamazov80

Sorry for the Gideon joke, guys. I came on here to see what exactly people didn't like about the set, and the Gideon stuff made me laugh. If we make Gideon before Kang, you have permission to get mad at us. Although Rob Liefeld seems to like this set on Twitter, so who knows what partnerships may result!

We do pay attention, really, and we've got some Marvel figures coming up that blow my mind, and will hopefully blow yours. But 3" Marvel Minimates will never happen, Miry. Best not to think about it.

I took it as a joke. And ran with it. Slow news day and all. I mean, we'll complain about anything. But don't let that discourage you from having some fun here! We know Chuck is having fun about not going to make Kang. Right? I don't see why you can't have some fun with Gideon. And it's good to know you like to stop by here and listen to us. :)

And more Deadpool! Deadpool TTA! That'll blow my mind!

I had a good laugh. I think fun is about all you can have with Gideon, so why not have plenty of it. My main complaint (ymmv) with the Deadpool set is that it's kind of heavy on the Deadpool side, a character for whom I don't have much affinity. The 'mates look well-executed, but the source material doesn't do much for me. I'm a little sad to say I'm not really into any of the NYCC Minimates this year. I might try to get the zombies, but I'll likely pass on everything else.

Any chance we'll get some more info soon about these mind-blowing Marvel Minimates?

Now that I think about it, I really like what I've seen of the set. The inclusion of the new swords is nice, and I'm glad Regular Deadpool can holster them. I don't really like how Champion looks, but Kidpool and Lady Deadpool look accurate enough.

Kind of surprised Kidpool's swords are actually new sculpts, I was expecting reuses of Zero's from MVC3. I'm also glad to see Headpool being a regular Minimate head, as I was planning on trying to make a full-body ZombiePool with it.

We do pay attention, really, and we've got some Marvel figures coming up that blow my mind, and will hopefully blow yours.

Wrecking Crew! Wrecking Crew! Rah! Rah! Rah! Wrecking Crew! Wrecking Crew!....:huh: It's not the Wrecking Crew is it? <_<:pinch: D'oh!

Now big news is*: KidPool is actually smaller than the others! Is it just the Penguin/Robin feet or is he really somehow smaller?

Using science I have determined he is not in anyway smaller then any other figure, it’s just the feet (I opened the file in photo shop, cropped kid pool, inverted, and set to “exclusion”, then dragged it over each of the other figures, lined up the pics and noted the sizes. Only his feet were different then the others)

I will however say he’s the best done “short feet” mate yet since unlike the others still basically vanilla, the scarf adds little to no bulk were as most of the others were heavy set dudes with torso and head bulkers that made the feet a diet soda ordered with 5 double downs, negated to the point of laughability.

Other note: I do like the ungodly brightness of the red they used! A lot of minimates are a very muted red (Azzazazazael and MvC Red Hulk being the only exceptions I can think of) If these really are THAT bright and it’s not a weird picture glitch I want them, for no other reason then I’m a sucker for really bright red on black and they will look good with the dark wood of my shelves.

No, we got it. I got it. A sense of humor is requirement for healthy living. And I took the Gideon thing in jest. Praaaaahbably sould have stuck an emote at the end of "not-funny". And I know about the 2" base rule, Zach. I was just going on examples of fan wishes I've heard in my time here that are generally met with a chorus of "yeah, that'd be cool". The point of the post, which may have been lost in translation, was to acknowledge that I know you guys are listening, but that there are other forces driving character selection besides what the ever faithful fanatics here most want to see. It is hard not to think about large sized mates though when some of these guys post their custom 3" Giant-Man mates.

And as far as this fan is concerned, the main problem with the set is that I have no interest in more Deadpools.

Anxiously awaiting mind blowage... and Kang.:buttrock:

Using science I have determined he is not in anyway smaller then any other figure, it’s just the feet (I opened the file in photo shop, cropped kid pool, inverted, and set to “exclusion”, then dragged it over each of the other figures, lined up the pics and noted the sizes. Only his feet were different then the others)

I just held a ruler up to the screen :geek:

We do pay attention, really, and we've got some Marvel figures coming up that blow my mind, and will hopefully blow yours.

Yay!

But 3" Marvel Minimates will never happen

Double yay!

But 3" Marvel Minimates will never happen

Double yay!

Seconded!

Here's an interesting question. Would you have liked this set if it was a regular release wave and we just got the 3 non-regular Deadpools in a single 2 pack at a time, like in a TRU wave? I think it would have gone over MUCH better.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Dead Ringer Corps ?

Sounds like a sequel I would like to see:

21_box_348x490.jpg

Using science I have determined he is not in anyway smaller then any other figure

Well, it must be true then. :biggrin:

Edited by karamazov80