UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My X-23 is a mess as well. The paint is very heavy and sloppy on both the arms and hands.

Chun-Li and She-Hulk also have this problem as well. However, Felicia is perfectly fine.

My Chun-Li's arms are a mess, along with the hairpiece, which has white paint splattered so much it even got on the torso.

She-Hulk's torso is missing paint all over and one of the arms is missing paint as well.

I'm surprised that pieces like X-23 arms/hands and chun-li's arms have no unpainted portions. I thought the plastic would be one of the colors and then the rest would be painted. Is it actually cheaper to paint instead of having the plastic certain colors?

These are very nicely designed minimates but the bad quality ruins them. I wasn't looking forward to buying replacement packs but given the other reports I won't even bother since they will probably have the same issues.

Had to hit a couple LCS's before finding the Felicia/X-23 set.. short packed and getting snatched up fast (at least around SLC).

Anyone have any guesses as to whether the TRU wave will hit tomorrow or next week? My local TRU gets their new stuff on Fridays.. but I wondered if thinking tomorrow might be the day is a little too much wishful thinking. Gotta get a couple Modoks.. especially if Elvis and Mrs Modok customs are to be done! ;P

also FYI: my buddy snapped the Wesker (Blonde Neo) leg off very easily.. that shinny paint seems to have dried a bit sticky.. once the joints were moved a bit they flowed fine but he has a leg snapped off right at the hip joint.. so be careful.

Edited by The Vox

Argh... I thought we were finally past the QC issues. I wonder if the factories just got overbooked with all of the SDCC exclusives, or if it's just one of those things that will always crop up from time to time... :confused:

It's just one of those things.

I have only opened up one of my She-Hulk / Chun-Li packs and can confirm the poorly applied paint to Chun-Li's arms. Both of her elbow joints were so caked up with paint, I had to carefully carve at them with an exacto knife just to get them to bend properly. And looking at the minimates through the window boxes, I can also confirm lots of poorly applied paints apps. Hopefully with some TLC, I can salvage this set.

Man, is this all true? How terrifying. No one seems to have made mention of Cap/Ryu or Doom/Wsker having such issues. Do they suck too? Oh woe is us. Will MODOK suffer as well? How will we survive? HOW!?

Ok, so drama aside, any problems with the other half of the wave?

In all seriousness it is such a kick in the guts when I read these things especially after I've just been raving about how good the TRU 13 & the T'cats set are . I can't comment on these because I won't see them for weeks but these little waves of discontent tend to become a tsunami :confused:

I was totally convinced there were 2 Minimate factories a while back....purely because I could think of no other rational reason why stuff varied so dramatically at times. This has been denied .

In all seriousness it is such a kick in the guts when I read these things especially after I've just been raving about how good the TRU 13 & the T'cats set are .

Agreed. We've been riding pretty high this year in general. Shame to see the streak ignominiously broken. The sample pics Zach posted didn't look bad, but I guess vendors will always send the pick of the litter for signoff.

Man, is this all true? How terrifying. No one seems to have made mention of Cap/Ryu or Doom/Wsker having such issues. Do they suck too? Oh woe is us. Will MODOK suffer as well? How will we survive? HOW!?

Ok, so drama aside, any problems with the other half of the wave?

I think the QC is more on the specialty exclusives. I have no problems with the others (Doom/Wesker, Cap/Ryu) and they seem top notch.

Chun-Li: My Chun-Li is okay. Yeah, at the arm joint, the paint did cake but mine wasn't too bad. Still was careful with moving it. The flesh colors also mismatch on her too (head, arms, hands).

X-23: Flesh color mismatches, as mentioned by others. Splashes of black dots on her upper chest and same with the other set I saw in the store.

Felicia: Mine seems good (other than having two right feet). And both her feet seem stuck in very tight and I'm still afraid to loosen them.

She-Hulk: Seemed at the top and bottom of her chestpiece didn't get fully painted to the edges. More obvious when you look straight at her and less at an angle.

So yeah, it seems like the girls got the short end of the stick...

She-Hulk: Seemed at the top and bottom of her chestpiece didn't get fully painted to the edges. More obvious when you look straight at her and less at an angle.

Hey buddy, eyes up top and you wouldn't notice that kind of stuff.

I felt some of the QC on some of my SDCC seemed like production was a little rushed. Nothing too major, but the Marvel sets had blemishes on almost every figure on two sets each.

I am having the same problems with my x-23. I was thinking of getting another set but alas my LCD was sold out. seeing her out of the package I am not that upset. BUT my Wesker leg snap off at the joint! when tru gets them in I will exchange it. in the mean time no great res evil battles :(

I am having the same problems with my x-23. I was thinking of getting another set but alas my LCD was sold out. seeing her out of the package I am not that upset. BUT my Wesker leg snap off at the joint! when tru gets them in I will exchange it. in the mean time no great res evil battles :(

That's at least 2 Wesker leg snaps reported.

Anyone try black hair on their Wesker to see if it makes a good Neo?