UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy... talk about the custom figure I didn't know needed to be done until I saw yours. Now I really do hope that DST adds him to the MvC3 roster with the other new characters. And that they use your recipe. (would that count as DST stealing your idea?)

Creepy because I spent a great deal of time on the 'verse' yesterday ....unintentionally missing this thread.....doing some research for an idea I have had for some time . It's creepy because now that I've just seen your DD for the first time you have dealt with all the issues I personally have with the DD Minimate character ...wrong red,wrong facial expression & overwhelmingly wrong.... his billy-club pouch ! I revere the Target version but it still isn't definitive whilst yours hits the mark. Superb.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 3 months later...

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since September, I've been sick off and on for the last 2 months, so I haven't had much time for customs.

I saw Mystery Man's great Odin QC and was inspired to make my own.

Parts are movie Odin, Armored Thor, Beta Ray Bill, movie Loki, and some bracers from TRU Namor. I added some 'Shining Gold' to the gold parts, and removed the back of movie Odin's helmet to just have the horns, then repainted it gold too.

Odinjpg.jpg

also posting a picture of the custom Black Tom Cassidy I made for Nessex for the 2011 Secret Santa! Thanks for the pic, Nessex!

blacktom.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Black Tom is v.cool, but that Odin is incredible.

I've just started doing a little something to make movie Odin a little more comic like, and then I see 2 Odins from nowhere! Madness.

beautiful work though... beautiful

Thanks for all the complements! :thumbsup:

I decided to make a Black Tom Cassidy for my collection, but I went with black instead of purple to keep Nessex' figure unique. As you can see, the cane from First Appearance Thor works great for Tom's shillelagh.

Blacktom2jpg.jpg

I also made the "plant infected" version of Black Tom as seen in the 90's:

134780-24890-black-tom-cassidy_super.jpg

blacktom3jpg.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Because only one person demanded it (and we all know who THAT was), here is SQUIRREL GIRL!!!!

SquirrelGirl1jpg.jpg

SquirrelGirl2jpg.jpg

SquirrelGirl3jpg.jpg

I have her squirrel army on the way, so I will post some more pix when they arrive. I need to get some pix of the back of her tail too. The tail is an older style Minimate hairpiece (She-Hulk) turned on the side and filled in with Fixit sculpt. Before the sculpt dried completely, I pressed the belt into it to get an impression. Once it dried completely, I glued the tail directly to the belt.

Credit goes to Luke for the face decal, I combined a few items from different decals he has posted to make the basis for SG's face. :thumbsup: