UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

youbastards' customs - ALIEN Ripley & EFNY Snake Plissken [01-21-2015]

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I've only been able to complete 2 customs since the beginning of the year... :(

Posting here for posterity's sake, my entry for the Alternate Universe custom contest, it won 3rd place!

World War 2 Captain Britain

CapBritain03.jpg

CapBritain02.jpg

CapBritain01.jpg

A custom that I have had planned for over 6 months, and finally finished:

The Blob!

Blob.jpg

Edited by youbastards

That's the Punisher's head, right? Excellent choice. I don't think you could make a better decal for him if you tried.

I was just thinking that face looks so right for Blob. All of castles wrinkles translate nicely (or grossly?) into Freds fat folds!

• 1 month later...

awesome. man do i miss the 90's comics when i was 9, the internet didnt spoil stories and each issue only cost $1.25 an issue.

Whose hair is that anyway?

Thanks guys! Yeah, can you imagine a character like that being launched today? He would have lasted 10 issues tops.

Howard is definitely my next custom, one that I have been working on periodically since I finished Man-Thing last year. I have the lower part of his bill sculpted, just need to sculpt the upper half and paint his bill and his legs/feet and he will be all set.

Thanks Aapje, glad to see others appreciated the misfits too! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking of revisiting the helmet a little, to give it a more rounded look. I definitely want to do a modern Darkhawk at some point too. One thing that I find (other customizers, tell me if this happens to you too) is that I am really happy with a custom I finish, but once I take the pix and post them, I start seeing areas I can improve upon and it makes me want to start tweaking it.

I guess I need to start taking pictures of my customs and looking them over closely before I decide it is "finished". :wacko:

One thing that I find (other customizers, tell me if this happens to you too) is that I am really happy with a custom I finish, but once I take the pix and post them, I start seeing areas I can improve upon and it makes me want to start tweaking it.

I guess I need to start taking pictures of my customs and looking them over closely before I decide it is "finished". :wacko:

This is exactly what I do. I consider the camera to be another customizing tool. I take pictures first, review them, make changes to my customs, and then take new pictures. It's more work that way, but it definitely makes a difference.

Thanks Aapje, glad to see others appreciated the misfits too! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking of revisiting the helmet a little, to give it a more rounded look. I definitely want to do a modern Darkhawk at some point too. One thing that I find (other customizers, tell me if this happens to you too) is that I am really happy with a custom I finish, but once I take the pix and post them, I start seeing areas I can improve upon and it makes me want to start tweaking it.

For the helmet i was thinking a slip over mask with sculpted parts and underneath a red head and cut out visor on the slip over mask...thats what i wanted to do anyway ;)