UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

No, but there are bad articles. Not once does that article mention the name of the toy line (maybe it's on purpose, so as not to promote said toy line for free?). And they assume the character is an antagonist because its in a two-pack with a hero. Poorly written.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any information about Walgreen Minimates is totally welcome IMHO.  The article has its flaws but its mere existence alerts the likes of me that there is something  new 'minimate' that I can collect ........how else would I know ? I appreciate that there are announcements on the DST website but they are rarely 'news' .

I have come to accept the mentality of DST that it is considered pointless announcing new Walgreens minimates when it would seem (from what I read) that almost nofucker can find them in many (most) Walgreen stores until maybe months after their existence is actually acknowledged.  That apparently is WG's fault , once DST get their money it's perhaps up to WG to promote the product ? Do they ?

Believe it or not I have learnt to shutthef*ck up about the Walgreens Minimates that I have 'gathered' because I consider it  almost seems like I'm thumbing my nose at my fellow minimate collector !  I posted recently about the latest Gameverse 'mates & when I read my post again I actually realised that it was almost disrespectful to anybody that will struggle finding them now or ever.  

Any information about Walgreens Minimates is totally welcome IMHO from any source ,poorly written or not.

Edited by buttheadsmate
sp.

11 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Any information about Walgreen Minimates is totally welcome IMHO.  The article has its flaws but its mere existence alerts the likes of me that there is something  new 'minimate' that I can collect ........how else would I know ? I appreciate that there are announcements on the DST website but they are rarely 'news' .

I have come to accept the mentality of DST that it is considered pointless announcing new Walgreens minimates when it would seem (from what I read) that almost nofucker can find them in many (most) Walgreen stores until maybe months after their existence is actually acknowledged.  That apparently is WG's fault , once DST get their money it's perhaps up to WG to promote the product ? Do they ?

Believe it or not I have learnt to shutthef*ck up about the Walgreens Minimates that I have 'gathered' because I consider it  almost seems like I'm thumbing my nose at my fellow minimate collector !  I posted recently about the latest Gameverse 'mates & when I read my post again I actually realised that it was almost disrespectful to anybody that will struggle finding them now or ever.  

Any information about Walgreens Minimates is totally welcome IMHO from any source ,poorly written or not.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to pin the total blame on Walgreens. I spent three years working with them and this minimates phenomena is not something I have ever encountered-- even when launching a new product, product line or a store opening. Maybe things have changed since I know there have been a couple changes in how corporate is run (especially with the Duane Reade/Rite Aid acquisition). I do find it frustrating for fans that they can't access the products that they want so I am always willing to help out. Currently on the hunt for a Peggy for a friend and always looking for a few of my fellow Common Wealth Club fans. 

I agree for the most part any press is good press and driving impressions for the brand overall is always a positive given how awareness seems to be another key issue.

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

Yeah, I wouldn't be too quick to pin the total blame on Walgreens. I spent three years working with them and this minimates phenomena is not something I have ever encountered-- even when launching a new product, product line or a store opening. Maybe things have changed since I know there have been a couple changes in how corporate is run (especially with the Duane Reade/Rite Aid acquisition). I do find it frustrating for fans that they can't access the products that they want so I am always willing to help out. Currently on the hunt for a Peggy for a friend and always looking for a few of my fellow Common Wealth Club fans. 

I agree for the most part any press is good press and driving impressions for the brand overall is always a positive given how awareness seems to be another key issue.

if you happen across any/all of these

Cap/Agent Carter

black panther/shuri

Ghost/Ironman

Miles/Prowler

spidergirl/doc ock

i am in need of them

18 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Ususually I post a story and send it to press the minute a new set has been spotted. I promoted Series 12 a little late, but I have not seen them in stores yet.

18 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Walgreens does not promote that I know of, which is why I do. I announce all Walgreens sets once they have been found, but usually not before, because I do not want people running around looking for them. Some people seem to not like this plan, I may change it. Falcon and WS sets hit early, so I will not be promoting them for a while (embargoes).

15 hours ago, bofox said:

Zach- any reason behind the new shield mold for the Cap 'mates? I didn't really mind it for the Black Widow sets but I'm more just curious as to the change.

I am not sure, sorry. I can think of a few possible reasons, but I have not asked.

13 hours ago, Dave said:

What walgreens were these found at? Is this the movie set that was being talked about? @DSTZach

This is not the movie set.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, Trekker 42 said:

Got the lil buggers!

Make sure you check those little pop up gift center stands and not just the Toy Section. My set was on one of those instead of on the aisle. 

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn’t been doing that but will start. Hopefully I didn’t screw up and miss them I want those Falcon & Bucky sets.

Distribution isn't any better in my area, where I have exactly one store.

Oh, and according to one of the managers, NONE of the Rite Aid locations in my region are becoming Walgreens. Those things are all over here so I was looking forward to half of them switching over. Instead, we lost one of two Walgreens stores in my city.

If it weren't for the kindness of fellow collectors, I probably wouldn't be collecting Walgreens' Marvel sets. I don't know why they won't put them online.

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

If it weren't for the kindness of fellow collectors, I probably wouldn't be collecting Walgreens' Marvel sets. I don't know why they won't put them online.

It's ironic that I get an email from Walgreens on an almost daily basis , I have considered blocking them but I live in hope that one day they'll announce a minimates wave online :rolleyes: 

Walgreens is , I assume, a store you'd visit to perhaps rid yourself of a headache or nausea . It seems that most people here would enter (Walgreens) quite happily & leave with a headache or nausea . 

If it weren't for the kindness of fellow collectors I wouldn't be collecting Minimates,period.

I (safely) hit up 21 Walgreens stores in the greater Madison area last week looking for 'new' mates. The newest ones I found were the Venom/Hammerhead wave and the Gamerverse mates.

I did not see any of the Doc Ock/Black Panther Quest mates, the Miles/Ghost wave, the X-Men wave, or the Falcon/Bucky Mates. 

Many stores still have some of the earlier animated waves and Thor Ragnarok mates. Selections ranged from 2 full columns of mates to only 4 or 5 packs.

3 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I (safely) hit up 21 Walgreens stores in the greater Madison area last week looking for 'new' mates. The newest ones I found were the Venom/Hammerhead wave and the Gamerverse mates.

I did not see any of the Doc Ock/Black Panther Quest mates, the Miles/Ghost wave, the X-Men wave, or the Falcon/Bucky Mates. 

Many stores still have some of the earlier animated waves and Thor Ragnarok mates. Selections ranged from 2 full columns of mates to only 4 or 5 packs.

Similar to my Walgreens hunting experience. I saw plenty of Thor & Cap Marvel movie mates. Even saw Black Panther movie mates & BC minimates but nothing close to being new. Really want to find the Falcon wave & the animated X-Men

Hey!  There's a sale happening at Walgreens!  Buy one get a second half off. 

PLUS they have a toy drive happening (at least they do here in CA).  So I grabbed fate by the ears today and bought a couple of those Kamala/Kangs that have been gumming up the shelves for 17 years and donated them.

Not only does it secure my place on the nice list, but it moves figures off that shelves and potentially into the hands of some budding fan.  If y'all have the resources, I suggest you do the same.

9 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Hey!  There's a sale happening at Walgreens!  Buy one get a second half off. 

PLUS they have a toy drive happening (at least they do here in CA).  So I grabbed fate by the ears today and bought a couple of those Kamala/Kangs that have been gumming up the shelves for 17 years and donated them.

Not only does it secure my place on the nice list, but it moves figures off that shelves and potentially into the hands of some budding fan.  If y'all have the resources, I suggest you do the same.

Great knowledge and thanks for doing it!

• 3 weeks later...