UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think these may be a pass for me. Cheers to everyone who wanted them, but I'm finding it harder and harder to get excited about the endless stream of post-90s stuff, not to mention the annoyance of the first non-X-Men comic series since 54 being wasted on a bunch of looks that won't be relevant in five minutes. I guess I'm just not in the target audience for minimates anymore.

I haven't read the comic (I hear it's great) but I believe this is Roderick Kingsley. He will also come with his book, Hobnobbin'.

hobgoblin-3-top-112287-640x320.jpg

T-shirt block:

portrait_incredible.jpg

TRU will not overlap at all. There will be non-movie assortments, but they will not share characters, or at least not share the same designs for those characters.

Army builders will still happen as they make sense. I guess we could have done Stark Sentinels, but there were a lot of new character designs.

Absolutely love the Apocalypse and Iron Man armors. Those're a lock for me to get. I'll probably get the Spider-Man villains as well. However I'm fairly sure I am not gonna be getting the Red Onslaught/Falcap pack because I've already got a definitive Onslaught and a definitive Red Skull and FalCap... looks good but I can just do without the character.

No interest whatsoever in Creed or Kluh honestly. But all hail to those who do want them.

Pretty sure all of these looks will be sticking around for a while (besides Kluh and Red Onslaught).

Apocalypse and Hobgoblin are pretty classic looks.

We'll still make classic characters, but we have to mix in current stuff, if we want to stay relevant to the current comics readership.

I'm pretty much with glantern on this one. I don't feel like people like myself who want to see new (and sometimes non-xmen related!) classic characters made are the target audience any more. It may help if I'd read axis of course though lol. However, I do understand that you have to make the stuff that you see as marketable Zach and I am glad that so many people like this wave and they do look great figures. The hobgoblin looks a superb update and is by far the star of the wave for me.

Edited by stegron01

I'm sure the looks will be sticking around for a little while, but I seriously doubt that all white Iron Man, heroic Sabretooth, and anyone who's not Steve Rogers Cap are in for the long haul. I'll grant you that Hobgoblin and Apocalypse are essentially their classic looks, but I'm pretty worn out on 80s/90s X-Men, so Apocalypse does nothing for me. I understand why you guys make the choices you do, but when the "classic characters" turn out to be pretty much nothing but 90s X-characters, I can't help but feel like the line's heading a direction that isn't for me.

I'm glad with the characters chosen, even though Axis hasn't hit Brazil yet so I have no clues what this Kluh is meant to be.

But I can't help to feel sad that we still don't have the new looks for other great characters such as Storm and other X-men, or even Ms Marvel... Wasp... I do hope this gets fixed anytime soon.

Sabretooth is joining the Uncanny Avengers. And Wolverine is dead. And even if Sabretooth starts murdering people again, his outfit may stay the same.

uncaven2014001-cov-109497.jpg

Not sure what to tell you about classic characters -- if we'd exclusively made classic characters this whole time, we'd eventually have gotten down to the bottom of the barrel; new characters and new looks have kept the line going. Blob is '60s X-Men. Luke's set was mostly '60s/'70s Spidey, even if they were (much improved) re-dos. It sounds like you just want classic Avengers, which I get, but I can't tell you that Black Knight is coming out on X date. I assume we'll make him at some point, just like we'll eventually make Captain Marvel, modern Storm and a modern Wasp.

I love we're getting a new Hobgoblin (especially with that book!). It could have done with more of the eyes Rodriguez drew but classic is just as good.

I haven't read the comic (I hear it's great) but I believe this is Roderick Kingsley. He will also come with his book, Hobnobbin'.

T-shirt block:

portrait_incredible.jpg

This is one of my favorite Marvel announcements in a while. I like the "vs." way of packaging them, Apple's I-ronman is cool, I'm most excited for Apocolypse as I missed the first. I'm set with having only the Best Of Sabertooth forever, but it's fine. I just don't like that hairpiece. I still have a hard time swallowing Fal-cap, but he looks neat. I'm pretty excited with everything, but I don't know who Kluh is.

I'm the opposite of Glantern I guess. I'm more into the new looks than the older ones. Wave 60, while a very cool wave for "classic" X-fans is one I'm going to pass on. The looks just don't appeal to me. This wave though really looks cool and I like it a lot. That's what's great about Minimates in general and the Marvel 'mates specifically. There's a little something for everyone.

LOVING Hobgoblin and Apocalypse.

Please, oh please, oh please... Classic 70s red & white Falcon sometime soon. AmeriFalcon looks pretty cool, but every new non-Classic Falcon is slowly murdering my soul.

[drama aside, objectively: the whole wave looks really nice & up to the standards of quality DST has set for the line]

T-shirt block:

portrait_incredible.jpg

TRU will not overlap at all. There will be non-movie assortments, but they will not share characters, or at least not share the same designs for those characters.

Army builders will still happen as they make sense. I guess we could have done Stark Sentinels, but there were a lot of new character designs.

:lol:

That is awesome.

So, essentially ALL packs will now be TRU exclusives, right? How about approaching TRU about throwing the silver sticker on all of them and doing an even packout of 3 sets of 4 packs? It would help ensure fewer duplicates lingered on pegs, which is why I'm guessing TRU doesn't want any specialty overlap anymore.

Zach, I understand why modern characters are made, I really do. And it seems like most people are pleased with that. My problem is that when we do eventually get classic characters, there seems to be a serious X-bias, which sucks if your someone whose enjoyment of the X-Books ends in the mid-80s. I'm glad people like 60, but I couldn't care less about the Lee-costumes, and I wasn't thrilled to see that Banshee, one of the X-Men I've actually wanted for quite some time, was stuck in a costume I don't care about.

I do want classic Avengers. The last proper classic Avengers release was back in 2012, and there are some major gaps in my collection. We have complete X-teams from multiple eras, while the only complete Avengers teams we have are the first appearance team and the New Avengers. That doesn't seem right to me.

From Preview's website!STK668477.jpg

This wave must be in the running for 'Wave with the most characters with non-standard hands ' ....just saying .

I especially like the Hobgoblin ....the original was only rare because I must have most of whatever was produced so it's about time we had another .

Falcon looks superb but I too would have preferred a more classic version because I seriously doubt that Sam will be Cap for long .

Carnage looks nice but I'm not too sure what's going on with his face although it may well be absolutely comic-accurate for all I know ?

Apocalypse looks marginally better than the original, IMHO........... but yeah many people might not have him yet.

It has to be said about Iron Man......... I'm just about ironed out with IM Minimates .

The others ? confused.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

So, essentially ALL packs will now be TRU exclusives, right? How about approaching TRU about throwing the silver sticker on all of them and doing an even packout of 3 sets of 4 packs? It would help ensure fewer duplicates lingered on pegs, which is why I'm guessing TRU doesn't want any specialty overlap anymore.

Most TRU assortments going forward will be three packs, not four, but they will be evenly packed. I don't know what the future of silver stickers is.

This assortment (62) should also be evenly packed.

Zach, I understand why modern characters are made, I really do. And it seems like most people are pleased with that. My problem is that when we do eventually get classic characters, there seems to be a serious X-bias, which sucks if your someone whose enjoyment of the X-Books ends in the mid-80s. I'm glad people like 60, but I couldn't care less about the Lee-costumes, and I wasn't thrilled to see that Banshee, one of the X-Men I've actually wanted for quite some time, was stuck in a costume I don't care about.

I do want classic Avengers. The last proper classic Avengers release was back in 2012, and there are some major gaps in my collection. We have complete X-teams from multiple eras, while the only complete Avengers teams we have are the first appearance team and the New Avengers. That doesn't seem right to me.

A "complete" Avengers team is a highly fluid thing. Line-ups change all the time, costumes, etc. We made a lot of the NOW Avengers team, Mighty Avengers, Dark Avengers, Cap's Kooky Quartet, that line-up where Henry Gyrich told everybody someone was getting fired... Aside from NUMEROUS Wasp costume changes and some one-offs like Justice, Firestar, Triathlon, Silver Claw, etc, I think you're mainly talking about '80s/'90s Avengers like Black Knight, Sersi, Hercules and Dr. Druid, plus the West Coast Avengers: Tigra, Mockingbird, and I'm sure I'm missing somebody.

A classic Falcon would be great, I'm sure we'll make him. Ditto classic Banshee.