UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about getting another non-variant set purely for quick-customs of characters likely never to be made... I don't want to get into 100 costume variant customs on characters we have already (Kitty, Forge, Banshee, etc) just fill actual roster holes that are likely never to be filled...

I'm thinking Cecelia for the female body. Joseph for one of the males. They could be done pretty easily with existing parts (I mean one is a Magneto Clone, for cripes sake, plenty of Magneto heads out there). Who's a good third male who wore the blue and yellow as one of his more iconic looks? And would make for an easy, no fuss custom?

Best I can come up with is Morph, but I'd prefer to stick to 616 characters if at all possible. (Hey speaking of which, does he show up in that new Secret Wars X-Men 92 comic? I never even considered the thought until now)

I'm sure this was discussed around the middle of the thread, but eh, I'm at work, and who has the time to fish for it. If someone has an idea list handy, I'd be appreciative if you posted it.

Edited by Gillbob316

Made the zombie versions of Pyro, Avalanche, Blob & Destiny today but forgot to snap pictures. Will do so on Tuesday and try to share with you all.

I turned my Storm body around cause i would rather Gambit have a plain front than boobs. This wave is one of my favorite of all time! I was so excited to get this in the mail today, its been a while since I have had that much toy anticipation.

NOICE! I'll be posting my creations tomorrow and Sunday. The 8 sets of series 60 will have netted me roughly 20 new, upgraded, or custom figures when all is said and done, plus a whole slew of customs I made expressly BECAUSE this wave was coming

Edited by Mnemosis

So, I got my set from BBTS today (since Luke was sold out...) and everything seemed to be in order... until I took out Wolverine to swap him to Forge...

IMAG0007.jpg

Nice! You got the wolverine showed off at Toyfair! (I think?)

Nostalgia for some of my earlier comic books won out and I ended up getting a set of these. The quality of the X-Men wasn't great, but the Brotherhood got hit really hard:

Brotherhood_zpsnwtjajgo.jpg

In case my photography skills aren't up to par Blob has a misaligned chest tampo, Pyro has a bunch of orange marks in his hair, and Avalanche's eyes are significantly off to the right of his helmet. It's a shame because while I wasn't excited about these characters the designs came out really well, Pyro and Avalanche especially.

i have a question about the sticker set... why did we get a Banshee with no mouth? I would have preferred a non-screaming Banshee over that... i'm a big fan of Banshee, but i don't recall a time in the comics when he had no mouth (although it does remind me of the Witch episode on Buffy!) i think it's cool we got the Forge bandana sticker, i'm a little disappointed that by using it, Forge is now white. i appreciate that DST gave him a bit of a darker skintone to rep him as Native American.. also, i think it would have been neat to get an "evil" Morph sticker, too. all in all, though, i'm pretty happy with this set!

i think it's cool we got the Forge bandana sticker, i'm a little disappointed that by using it, Forge is now white. i appreciate that DST gave him a bit of a darker skintone to rep him as Native American..

I had the same thought, so I cut JUST the bandana out and applied it over the existing forge head