UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.... Zach said they showed control art at the panel. Anyone know if there are any pics around? Any idea the characters shown? Any chance to get that control art posted for those of us that savor those things?

C'mon, I already have to suffer through another X-Men themed wave. I need this!

Not sure how this is shenanigans. Pretty sure ComicFest participants get their ComicFest materials earlier than the week of ComicFest. And all Minimates appear on eBay when they first come out. Check with your local comic shop, check the Halloween ComicFest site, and remember that this guy will be out next year, as well.

The legs give him half of his height, but we weren't able to develop new leg tooling, so we had to make it up with the torso.

Oogie should be a little larger, but mostly in width.

Not sure we'll get down to the random humans, but we're making a bunch of supporting characters. Showed concept art for 10-12 at the panel.

Regular series Jack may have a slightly different facial expression, or this face may be a pack-in or something, but I don't see him changing much from this. And he'll be in a two-pack.

The legs give him half of his height, but we weren't able to develop new leg tooling, so we had to make it up with the torso.

Funny that you say this Zach! This idea has been rolling around in my head,and now i can finally show it off!

10614196_740356089378140_551134071929399

Basically,forearm and knee extenders. There are tons of characters that can use them, including Jack (AND Groot :D ). I know minimates has a set height limit,but heres my argument; The Giant man we received in wave 44 a couple years back came with a torso extender and raised boots,then these could come packed as an accessory too

Just an Idea! And Im definitely excited for these mates :)

And I wonder if it would be possible to shorten the extended chest block piece,so that its the same size as a normal chest block,yet is still as thin as the extended version

Oogie should be a little larger, but mostly in width.

Not sure we'll get down to the random humans, but we're making a bunch of supporting characters. Showed concept art for 10-12 at the panel.

Regular series Jack may have a slightly different facial expression, or this face may be a pack-in or something, but I don't see him changing much from this. And he'll be in a two-pack.

And the rest of us will see this concept art when...? fakenopic.gif

Funny that you say this Zach! This idea has been rolling around in my head,and now i can finally show it off!

10614196_740356089378140_551134071929399

Basically,forearm and knee extenders. There are tons of characters that can use them, including Jack (AND Groot biggrin.png ). I know minimates has a set height limit,but heres my argument; The Giant man we received in wave 44 a couple years back came with a torso extender and raised boots,then these could come packed as an accessory too[/size]

Just an Idea! And Im definitely excited for these mates smile.png[/size]

And I wonder if it would be possible to shorten the extended chest block piece,so that its the same size as a normal chest block,yet is still as thin as the extended version

Interesting idea, though I think it might throw off the aesthetic quite a bit having a character with really long shins and forearms only.

Yeah different stores are doing different things, My one store a few hours south of me is giving the figure away as a contest prize while another store closer to me has it as a display item (not for sale) to showcase the upcoming line.

I talked to a shop that's doing the promotion next weekend, and they weren't sure how many they'd be getting. If they only get one, it goes to Nervous (who's been a customer for years, and in fact introduced me to that store), and I'm next on the list. So at least one MMMVer is going to have one.