UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

In all honesty, your customs make me angry that I can't walk into TRU this afternoon and buy every one of them. GRR! (And I'm a guy who collects Iron Man for the armors!)

Speaking or armors, got any plans for them? Or are you waiting patiently to see what's revealed before taking a stab at some of those?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No armor plans at the moment. Depending on what DST puts in this last boxset, I may try to come up with one or two. Unfortunately, the armors I want the most would be the most difficult, Igor and Red Snapper.

Wishing you could walk into a store and buy my customs is a huge compliment, thanks a lot! :)

Edited by youbastards

To me, a boxset that will be announced soon before release and is not the standard four-pack sure sounds like a Disney Store thing to me. The Avengers sets were announced close to their release and the Jolly Roger broke the norm with two figures packed in with a ship. Just throwin' that out there.

My preference is not for a Disney Store exclusive, because their prices aren't the most reasonable. But then I would on the other hand be okay with it because it seems like the Peter Pan sets didn't do as well and I'd hate to see them give up on Minimates altogether. So, I won't complain, but I won't root for it to go to them first either.

Retailer exclusive, not TRU. Should announce soon.

"soon" ... the sweetest and most bitter of all words to collectors. thumbsup.gif Just kiddin' Zach, I couldn't be more excited to see how I will be finishing out my Iron Man 3 collection!

Is there any way to know what the MSRP will be on the box set at this point? Depending on how 'extended' the set is I am wondering if we are talking $29.99.

I have been holding off on other possible minimate purchases to make sure I have cash in hand for a day 1 purchase when these hit.

ya im pretty much expecting this set to be an Ironman appreciation set with

Tony

Pepper

Mark 1-7 and 42

I actually wouldnt mind this, I think all of the armors (cept maybe MK7 and MK1) are kinda out of date compared to 42

if its any new armors though, i'd be very happy with that too

I do think we need a killian, we really dont have a villain without him or a full savin

Lineup 2: A Hall of Armor boxset is another possibility and has previously been speculated about. The lineup for a neat 10-pack could include:

• Mark 1-7

• Battle Damaged Mark 42

• Battle Damaged Tony

• Pepper

sigh... even though many of us saw this coming I can't help but feel somewhat "meh" about this set, they are all figures we already have except the battle damaged Mark 3, Tony and Pepper. The others are so close to the originals that there is no point in having both...

This would be SO much more bearable in a 4-pack!

Having to buy 8 rereleases just for Tony & Pepper is insulting for $55. There. I said it.

It's a great way for new fans to come on board and get their armors. But for the long-time collectors, this is a sharp stick in the eye!

This is great for new collectors, but I very much doubt I'll be getting it. As has been mentioned, some out the older armors are a bit out-dated, and if this set gave us updated versions of the older armors, I'd probably get it. I'm definitely not paying that price for Tony and Pepper.

Edited by Turtle

I didn't think you were trying to gouge us, Zach. But it is your best Pepper to date. For the many completionists, this really sucks. 10 figures might have been a bit much. Again, great for newcomers, but unpleasant for those who have faithfully bought 8/10 of those figures already.

I want Tony & especially Pepper, but I'm going to think about this before I decide. The price per mate is too high, the overall cost is high, and I've already got 80% of this set. I'm not paying $5.50 per mate for custom fodder, and I don't need more duplicates of IM armors.

Tony's practically a headswap anyway. But, damn, that Pepper is nice!

We wanted to give people a way to get earlier armors that had missed them. Pepper was put in to round it up to ten. Not trying to gouge anybody, just create a cool set. To be fair, this is our third Pepper.

I think War Machine will make more sense... later.

Think about that one ;)

See. Doesn't War Machine make more sense now? We now have all of the important "Hero" armors from IM1 and IM2.

Told you I had another hint in here. :)

I am just a little disappointed that the box doesn't look like the display from the mansion. That was a big reason I was so enthusiastic about this box set. I will still be getting it, but probably not as many as I originally thought.

Maybe that was easier than using different/old tooling? And that was supposedly an update/version that appeared in movie concept art.

As a huge IM fan, I'm probably passing on this one, because I have all of these already, I don't have that specific version of Pepper which is pretty cool, or that head swap Tony but I don't feel they are worth spending $50 on.

I really like Pat and he's given us some great exclusive sets in the past but I wonder if AFX made a mistake with this one?

They aren't a brick and mortar store like TRU or Disney, so sell mostly to collectors online. Collectors that will likely have a high percentage of those minimates already.

The only real upside is that with the right packing I can see these doing well at the CON for people who don't collect minimates. Beyond that I can see them being a buy a $100 of minimates get this set free deal for AFX to move them down the line.

So yeah, put me in the disappointed group.

T.