UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just right, actually: they don't slide around on their own, but they are easy to move. The ring is smaller then other wing rings I can remember, and fits perfectly above the elbow joint, so no awkward sliding to get it in the right position so that you can bend his arm. It's really stellar, now that you mention it.

Come on, it's almost 2PM EST and no one's posted pictures? What's going on, East Coasters? I can't be the first one to have this sent in hand, can I? Guess that means pictures are my responsibility,huh? Lucky I'm such a swell guy....

attachicon.gifP4100001.JPG

The biggest difference between this Doc Strange and the earlier one is that his yellow parts are now gold. Which is nice, since it makes him a different figure, but if you were hoping to put these hands on the old one you're SOL.

attachicon.gifP4100002.JPG

Hey, Mister PL posted my tray shot back on Page 8! I almost got mad that apparently no one saw my Strange comparison photo, but I guess I only posted it on Facebook:

482160_550818638295731_517330644_n.jpg

It spurred a long debate with one commenter who said our Minimates were not as good as they used to be, and that non-painted heads were a big sign of that.

None at my LCS. Ugh, I'm gonna have to either call around or hunt online.

Where is your shop, Zexion? Does it order from Diamond Comic Distributors? If so, you should really start pre-ordering/reserving your box sets. While the two-packs are sold in case assortments, the box sets are sold individually, so a shop can order 1, 2, 3... however many they like. I don't know each store's individual policy, but there should be no cost to them or to you to have them order a single set. Not sure if some only offer that option to people with pull bins, but they make a profit either way, so they really shouldn't. I have a suspicion we sold out the entire run, but if we get more stock in, they should be able to order it for delivery in two weeks, or something like that. Product code is OCT121574.

Edited by Zach Oat

I suppose you could say that Minimates are getting worse if you only look at the two Stranges, but only because the first one is perfect. Seriously, that might be the single greatest Minimate of them all. The new one's fine.

Where is your shop, Zexion? Does it order from Diamond Comic Distributors? If so, you should really start pre-ordering/reserving your box sets. While the two-packs are sold in case assortments, the box sets are sold individually, so a shop can order 1, 2, 3... however many they like. I don't know each store's individual policy, but there should be no cost to them or to you to have them order a single set. Not sure if some only offer that option to people with pull bins, but they make a profit either way, so they really shouldn't. I have a suspicion we sold out the entire run, but if we get more stock in, they should be able to order it for delivery in two weeks, or something like that. Product code is OCT121574.

In Houston, Bedrock City Comics. I didn't really ask, since they stocked the Venom Through the Ages boxset last time, so I was kind of just hoping lol. But I may ask now in advance, or see if one of their other 4 stores got any. Thanks Zach, I'll call later and see what they can do.

did Doctor Strange always have the yellow on the back of the neck of the cape? I mean thats how Ive always remembered the cape and the original Strange lacked that detail where the new one has it...just saying

In Houston, Bedrock City Comics. I didn't really ask, since they stocked the Venom Through the Ages boxset last time, so I was kind of just hoping lol. But I may ask now in advance, or see if one of their other 4 stores got any. Thanks Zach, I'll call later and see what they can do.

Zex, have your Bedrock contact the 1960 location. They had one left this afternoon and they will send it to your store.

Zex, have your Bedrock contact the 1960 location. They had one left this afternoon and they will send it to your store.

yeah, I called the Bay Area store this afternoon, and they'll call around. Thanks for the tip, I really really appreciate it, lol

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Yesterday they were still in stock on the Diamond retailer page, but I checked again today and they are indeed sold out! Congrats to DST on a successful set!

Hot sex!!!!

I've seen you say this and it's raised a few questions. Does this speak to the quality of the sex or the temperature? Inquiring minds want to know.

well its certainly not hot in the UK but the act of coitus raises core body temperature!!

Anyway moving on.....

After seeing that comparison shot...I think I like the original better. Does the classic Dr. Strange look have yellow or gold?

In the comics it's always been yellow, as far as I can remember. The gold doesn't really bother me; I just think the face and hairpiece on the original are superior.

What, do you think Luke is some kind of comic book villain, giving away his plan if there was any chance you could stop him?

He shipped them out twelve minutes ago.

You deserve a thumbsup.gif for that.