UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

The pics and box look nice, but am I the only one here who really doesn't care about this set? In fact, I can't think of a set made that I think I like less. I'm happy for you all that look forward to it and I think they are well executred, but to me they're just 'meh'. I've never eaten schawarma before-would eating that change my opinion of the character selection?

You know what? I think you might actually be the only one. How does it feel? Lonely?

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I...i don't see how anyone couldn't like this set. It's all classic 70s, there isn't a single A-lister, we're getting fantastic accessories, each has a stand, and we're getting fan-demanded Dr. Strange only available once before, Morbius (who doubles as a Spider-man villain), a worthwhile and demanded Blade variant, and Werewolf by Night who i never assumed in a million years was coming. I'm certainly not going to try and change your opinion, but i find it really bizarre actually.

Sentiments can't express how much i love that tray shot. God i love this set.

I'd love to get this set as well but only interested in Morbius for my Spider-man cartoon collection of mates. I prefer the previous Strange myself but love the addition of the energy hands/effects. Maybe a simple swamping of parts?

The pics and box look nice, but am I the only one here who really doesn't care about this set? In fact, I can't think of a set made that I think I like less. I'm happy for you all that look forward to it and I think they are well executred, but to me they're just 'meh'. I've never eaten schawarma before-would eating that change my opinion of the character selection?

You prefer the Age of Apocalypse stuff over classic '70s goodness?

You think you know a guy *shakes head disapprovingly*

I had beef and lamb shawarma for dinner last night, and I did in fact notice a marked increase in interest for this set when I awoke this morning. Worth a shot.

I'm excited for Dr Strange and Morbius. They look great. Blade looks cool, but I've come to realize that each of Blade's looks are pretty dated. None of his looks, to me, really stand the test of time, so it's hard to think of any specific look as "the" look, if that makes sense.

Petition to ban Groundhog, anyone?

Who?

The more I look The more I like this set. if I had to pick a bad point it is the werewolf head piece. I dont know if its just the tray shots but it sits high on the face. I have had the same prob with the other minimates that have used the same style. It just bulks out the head block too much and can distract on the design.

A month ago, I would have been surprised by GH making this statement, but then again, a month ago I would have thought for sure that he had seen ALIEN and ALIENS... stick.gif

Yeah, pretty sure GH has been replaced by a pod person. That sucks for him.

Your "meh" feelings about this set are exactly how I feel about all the movie-related stuff. They look nice, but I could give a s---.

THIS is the kind of set that speaks to me. I love it and am getting three of 'em.

This really sums it up for me, as well. Old school.

Lay off groundhog, guys. I was born in the late 1970s, and it's a complete fluke that one of the first Spidey comics I read was my dad's Amazing Spider-Man 101, first appearance of a certain Living Vampire. If not for that, I probably wouldn't like the guy, or have accumulated as many issues of Journey Into Mystery as I have.

I didn't like Strange until he starred in Twisted ToyFare, and the movies are what made me a fan of Blade (although I love this look). One of my oldest friends loves werewolves, and therefore WBN, but even at the height of my Marvel Legends collecting I still didn't buy the Monsters box set he was in.

I might have been a dc fan if my dad had kept his batman and superman comics from the 60's and the 70s (he used to live in Australia as a child) but my grandma threw them away. So the first comics I ever read were the ultimate ones making me more of a marvel fan. As far as this set goes I like everything except Blade's look. I don't like this outfit and I would have preferred a ToD drac. Still this is an excellent set! I might buy 2 to turn that WbN in a regular werewolf.

One of my oldest friends loves werewolves, and therefore WBN, but even at the height of my Marvel Legends collecting I still didn't buy the Monsters box set he was in.

For shame... I still have the Monsters box set in my closet of awesomeness.

Your "meh" feelings about this set are exactly how I feel about all the movie-related stuff. They look nice, but I could give a s---.

THIS is the kind of set that speaks to me. I love it and am getting three of 'em.

Make that 3 of us! The more sets we get like this the better imo.

X-Men First Class Box Set?

Make that 3 of us! The more sets we get like this the better imo.

Three or more... I believe sets like this and alpha flight should continue to be made. What's a worthy and/or mighty again?

Let me say a few things in my defense. First, I realized that I will actually like this set more than either of the Femme Fatale sets, so I guess this isn't the most disliked set made for me. Second, I'm not a vintage or nostalgia person when it comes to just about anything. I like my Star Wars with al the new bells and whistles Lucas added. I think the new Ninja Turtles are far superior to that crappy stuff from the 80's. And anything comic wise pre-90's is difficult to enjoy (and most of the 90's sucked too). I always thought Morbius sucked as a character, early Blade just looked ridiculous, never carred for Dr. Strange at all and the werewolf guy was just another cheap attempt at Marvel trying to bank in on classic horror films. Just not my cup of tea. Like I said, the packaging looks great, the figures are spot on accurate and I really am happy for the rest of you. But I would have easily taken a third AoA or Fear Itself set over this just about any day of the week. I know I'm in the huge minority here, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

I have no connection to the character, but I think WBN looks cool as all heck.

I badly want Morbius because of the 90's Spider-Man cartoon.

Blade's accessories will be nice for my modern Blade.

Strange's accessories will be be nice for my Defenders Strange (I'll hafta paint the hands to match, though).

... I would have easily taken a third AoA or Fear Itself set over this just about any day of the week. I know I'm in the huge minority here, but I'm sticking to my opinion.

Well, NOW you have my attention...