UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012-Discussion Thread

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man. SDCC was the greatest this year, and I didn't even go inside! I avoided the convention hall like the plague, and had a blast! I was mostly there for the press hall, as a good friend needed some assistance. But I did take time to say Hi to Zach at one of the afterparties outside. Highlight of the con for me? Photo op with Sir Ian McKellan! (Photo was taken by Andy Serkis!) Awesome, awesome, awesome time! Martin Freeman was nice and the wife and I both got pictures taken with the new Bilbo Baggins as well. And it was nice to see the Dr Who cast again and finally meet Arthur Darvill. And Jackie Chan was very cool too.

Minimates-wise, I'm stoked about the return of Star Trek, shame it's just TOS for now. TNG needs some love, it is their 25th anniversary FFS! Also a shame it's TOS TV only, since I need me some Wrath of Khan minimates! Oh well, lets hope there's more variety in the Kirk & Spock's this time, like their gangster outfits from A Piece Of The Action, or dare I hope for them in their German uniforms?? Think of the customs potential right there alone.....

Too bad there's not much Hobbit or LOTR love from either DST or Sideshow. I still dream of Sideshow completing the Fellowship and Gollum in 1:6 scale.

I'm okay with how most of the 50th poll turned out. I voted Songbird. I want practically everything in the polls, I hope DST realizes that. But Zemo? YES!!! And, holy crap, gimme that Alicia Masters with Thing Bust and Puppetmaster with puppets!!!! I never even dreamed we'd see Alicia! Now it should be said that nobody is too obscure for Minimates! (She may not be obscure to us but she is for the general public). I'd still love a Willie Lumpkin with more than a passing resemblance to Stan Lee!

Zach, when will we see/hear more about further Trek minimates?

It was great to see the guys who were at the con. Mathew, Allen, Chris, Michael, I really enjoyed meeting you and putting faces to names. I think lunch with you guys was actually my favorite thing this year.

This!!!!

I have to admit to being kinda nervous meeting the folks from the 'verse in real life - and not a one of them could have been nicer or friendlier. I couldn't think of a better way to top the panel than to grab a slice with the fine folks from our little enclave. It was a real treat to nerd it up with some fellow minimate enthusiasts.

Thank you guys for showing a foreigner a great afternoon :)

And that goes for Zach too, who was incredibly friendly and kind with his time whenever i loitered around the booth. The guy spent the whole four days bending over backwards to accommodate fans and promoters alike. I even saw him let a photographer shoot some of the battle beasts with the case open to give a better view.

This con was a blast and i would really like to thank everyone for making it such a great experience. I am already saving up to come back in another year or two. :thumbsup:

You know, it totally slipped my mind while I was there, but I just realized I didn't see anything about those Tomb Raider mates. Zach, are these shelved?

No, the game may have been pushed back, though.

I think once the final order numbers are in on the Enterprise, we'll start thinking about the future. Maybe we'll have something to show at NYCC. But for now, let's put all our eggs in the Enterprise basket.

You know, it totally slipped my mind while I was there, but I just realized I didn't see anything about those Tomb Raider mates. Zach, are these shelved?

No, the game may have been pushed back, though.

I think once the final order numbers are in on the Enterprise, we'll start thinking about the future. Maybe we'll have something to show at NYCC. But for now, let's put all our eggs in the Enterprise basket.

Hey Zach, followup question on the Enterprise:

Will there be a TRU version vs LCBS version, even if just a different figure? I posted in the Trek thread I wanted more than anything to support TRU buying into Trek, but I pre-ordered 2 at BBTS because I figured pre-ordering was the best way to show support.

If you're going to name drop like that , we gotta see the pics! I'd would love a pic with McKellan.

yeah pics!

So how many different types of Vorin were given out at SDCC this year?

Blue

Gold

and Stealth?

Stealth is being sent to retailers who ordered 25 BB #1 comics.

Will there be a TRU version vs LCBS version, even if just a different figure? I posted in the Trek thread I wanted more than anything to support TRU buying into Trek, but I pre-ordered 2 at BBTS because I figured pre-ordering was the best way to show support.

No TRU version. Pre-order like a fury.

Does that mean TRU is passing on the Enterprise? Because I was thinking the better way to show my support is to do so through the big-box retailer. If not, I'll be more than happy to support my local businessman as well.

Does that mean TRU is passing on the Enterprise? Because I was thinking the better way to show my support is to do so through the big-box retailer. If not, I'll be more than happy to support my local businessman as well.

No, if TRU is not involved, then this item will live or die by pre-orders.

Am I the only one that read that as "pre-order like a furry"? Are they particularly known for their pre-ordering? My only real exposure to furries is Dean Pelton.

Edited by hellpop

War Zone wasn't mindless killing. He killed mob guys. The Jane flick was cool but when I think of the Punisher, I think Warzone.

I'm kinda sick of Star Trek but I may order one anyway.

Regarding the Punisher movies... I thought the Jane film was pretty good, but not fantastic, I thought War Zone was unintentionally hilarious, and I thought the short was actually REALLY damn good. War Zone is one of the WORST superhero films I've ever seen. I can honestly not believe I finished it. Jigsaw was possibly the most horribly acted supervillain ever. And yes I am including Mister Freeze and Nuclear Man. Mostly because... well... Freeze was actually pretty appropriate to how the movie went. The entire thing was just bad. Nuclear Man wasn't a performance he was a giant prop. The script gave him nothing so he used nothing. Jigsaw though... he had potential. And he FAILED utterly. I've seen high school performances of Disney villains more engaging than that. His accent was absolutely atrocious, his delivery flat, but the performance was mildly energetic. Nothing about him seemed at all... like it was one person performing this. It's almost like they had a guy there and they dubbed him with someone else who can't deliver lines. He said lines like the Punisher did (flat and uninspired but it worked for him) but had an energy and flair about him Punisher didn't. Which was a problem. If his delivery had been more like his performance I'd at least have been able to say he was an amusing villain. As it is he was just... so... uninteresting. Nobody in that movie was interesting. Hell the Punisher wasn't really but I didn't expect him to be too much (LOVE when he blew off that one guy's head though. GOD DAMN IT CASTLE!)

So sure, I was laughing the entire movie. BUT I DON'T THINK I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. And that's the mark of a bad film. Entertaining. But bad.

Am I the only one that read that as "pre-order like a furry"? Are they particularly known for their pre-ordering? My only real exposure to furries is Dean Pelton.

This better not awaken anything in me.

With Thundercats and Battle Beasts now is the perfect time to embrace your inner furry. :biggrin: