UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Sentinel packs are available again on TRU.com, as of right now there are 95 packs available.

Aaaaand gone again. SLAGIT!!

Looks like the Sentinel packs are available again on TRU.com, as of right now there are 95 packs available.

Aaaaand gone again. SLAGIT!!

I almost didn't even post that they were available again for fear that whoever is buying them all up would see it before others on the board had a chance to get a set for themselves. I honestly doubt 90 different members saw the post and were able to get their packs between last night and now, seems more likely that one person bought a huge quantity agian.

the people on here represent a small minority of all those who actually buy minimates. On top of that, I'd assume there are plenty of folk that buy up any store exclusive there can, with the sole intent to stick the things on ebay.

so, yes... the likelihood that 90 different multiverse members each went onto TrU.com and bought one each is near zero. There is an even slimmer chance that even half of them were actually bought by multiversers.

I'm encouraged by the fact that apparently 200+ of these went up for sale, though. Assuming these weren't all bought by army builders, that should at least cut down on the gouging in the secondary market.

I almost didn't even post that they were available again for fear that whoever is buying them all up would see it before others on the board had a chance to get a set for themselves. I honestly doubt 90 different members saw the post and were able to get their packs between last night and now, seems more likely that one person bought a huge quantity agian.

All good dude. My frustration stemed from purely time related. You happened to post after I logged off for the night, and by the time I logged back on, they were gone. Almost 8 hours in between. They just happened to be eitght hours I wasted sleeping.

Almost 8 hours in between. They just happened to be eitght hours I wasted sleeping.

And don't you feel foolish now.... :tongue:

Yeah, unlike some other TRU packs, I'm not sure this one will appear for less than $20 shipped or so on eBay any time soon because it is the army builder and an exclusive, in addition to being short packed. And my TRU sucks, so I don't hold out much hope for finding these there. The online option is my favorite way to go, but TRU's policies of allowing unlimited purchases in an order means these sold out almost as soon as they went up. So, personally, this is nothing totally new of course. I've been following the TRU Marvel 'Mates since wave 1, and like BHM, am very accustomed to the process. But it wears me down a bit over time. Of course, I'm glad Minimates are still going. And yes, I'm glad that we get TRU exclusives that we otherwise wouldn't. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about the collector unfriendly foolishness that is TRU, do I? And of course, it's that much worse for international collectors (of which there are a fair number), who are gonna have to pay jacked up rates for these on the secondary market and then pay for additional shipping and potentially even customs fees. The only time I do feel like I shouldn't complain is when I consider those guys, who are always gonna have it worse.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: TRU is MUCH more collector-friendly then Target or Wal-Mart. Buying exclusives from those two is a NIGHTMARE. Getting them from TRU? No more then a headache. For one thing, these are made available on TRU's web site, and you can bet that if these were at Target or Wal-Mart that wouldn't be the case. My only real gripe about the TRU waves continues to be that the exclusives are the short-packed sets, which is ass-backwards to me and leads to sets like Arnim Zola/Jacket Cap and Armored Thor/BRB being plentiful between TRU and specialty, and Crossbones/SW Cap and FA Thor/Balder being hard to find. But, on the whole, TRU's doing all right by us.

Well, it's all relative. But saying you are better than Wal-Mart doesn't say much :D

Online availability is nice (assuming you log in at just the right time), but the brick and mortar TRU inventory management/organization level can't be much better than my local Target or Wal-Mart. They suck at that stuff. And it is a new TRU nearer to me, that I was optimistic would avoid the problems of the old one. But no. They are just as inept and unhelpful at the new one as they were at the old one.

I ordered a bike for on-site pickup last year for my daughter. Came by, and the people at the service desk weren't sure exactly how to help me out. Eventually, they seemed to get it sorted when the manager came over. But then they left to look for the thing, and I stood there waiting for 15 minutes. I decided it was enough, and told them to just cancel my order. That's just indicative of how everything works there. I think the lack of serious competition in the toy retail market has made those guys lazy and indifferent to the needs of customers.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't even necessarily know if it's that.

Every store I go everywhere, be it TRU, WM, Target, Best Buy, etc., the employees there are just there because they applied, not because they actually know anything in regards to the products they're working with. (Granted, there are exceptions to every rule, but exceptions are not the common majority.)

Except for personal friends, I have never encountered a Toys'R'Us employee or manager that knows jacksh** about toys (or whatever other department they work in, video games, etc). And when I still was willing to work a retail job, I was always more qualified & knowledgable to work with toys or movies, yet I still couldn't get hired over others who knew nothing about them.

That's something that needs to - though will never - be brought to the corporations' attentions: knowledgable staff makes happier customers, happier customers equals higher sales.

That's why I don't even call TRUs anymore, and instead waste vast amounts of time and gas when I'm looking for something. It's impossible to explain something in person to these people, forget about over the phone. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I treat it as a given that they won't know anything about product. I don't even ask anymore. I just mean that they are disorganized, not very well trained in the basics of their jobs apparently, disinterested in general, and that they are horrible at keeping anything in-stock. If their inventory system worked as you would imagine that it should, newer stock would appear on the shelves when it was released elsewhere. When something went out of stock, it would be re-stocked if possible. Neither of those things happens at my TRU. At least Wal-Mart used to do that right (I haven't been there in ages, so I don't know their current abilities in those areas).

So... I think I scored some of these from TRU.com (my first attempt at doing such). How long does it take them to kick out the "you're effed" email? Is there a point where I can feel assured I'll get what I ordered?

Order placed, fingers crossed into a knot.

they are gone. What the hell. Do you people hang out on their website and hit refresh all day? I"m not aware of any alerts you can set up to get emails when they have items in stock. if i'm wrong please tell me how to set that up.

Naw, I just tend to check this site and TRU's site first thing in morning, simply because of HOW FAST they've been going. It's been pure luck the last few times I've gotten the exclusives - still missing the Bullseye/Moonstone and Hulkbuster/throwaway figure packs...

You just have to hit the random lottery on TRU.com. Used to be they really only restocked in the morning, but the bits and pieces thing seems to eb the new norm. And not to sound cynical, but this is just another addition to the case against short-packing TRU exclusives. No matter how it's explained, i'll never be a fan.

On a side note, is anyone finding the Super Skrull/SF Chick pack anywhere on-line that's being sold as singles? I'm still looking for about five more packs and am having a difficult time of it.