UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot abou Shuma Gorath. I am lame. It's probably because I'm one of those Xbox people who bought the special edition and was supposed to get Jill and Shuma for free, but Capcom made a big mess and never fixed me up, so I actaully never really hung with the game. Don't even own Ultimate MvC3. And Hisen-Ko and Shuma aren't in the manual either, which is what I was looking at to make that evaluation. But man, I love this line. It's just awesome versions of characters we have, awesome new characters, and the best display stands to date. I really do wish for more and more.

Happy Easter, everybody.

Edited by The Geohound

I forgot abou Shuma Gorath. I am lame. It's probably because I'm one of those Xbox people who bought the special edition and was supposed to get Jill and Shuma for free, but Capcom made a big mess and never fixed me up, so I actaully never really hung with the game. Don't even own Ultimate MvC3. And Hisen-Ko and Shuma aren't in the manual either, which is what I was looking at to make that evaluation. But man, I love this line. It's just awesome versions of characters we have, awesome new characters, and the best display stands to date. I really do wish for more and more.

Happy Easter, everybody.

I don't have the game, actually. I only want 'em for the new comic characters... and Dr. Strange villains are always welcome.

That Shuma Gorath was created by H.P. Lovecraft is icing on the tentacled cake! :tongue:

Shuma, Hsien and Tron are all feasible (I know they had cracked the Tron Bonne riddle), but figures that need a large amount of tooling get more cost-effective in higher quantities. So we would need to have those figures at TRU, and right now I don't think TRU is interested in a Series 4.

So I’ve made peace with this being the end (I mean when MvC4 comes out I doubt Tron and Shuma don’t get another chance at least)

but Zach, can you tell use how the Tron riddle was cracked?!?! A second headless mate? Just saying “f**k it!” and not giving her a mech? sculpted display piece with no play value?! How would you have handled the mech if she was made?!

I have not seen the design, I just know they told me they'd figured it out. Removable legs? I'm really not sure. Just saw another interesting mech design they're working on, should be cool.

A friend of mine made a suggestion about Tron a day ago in going so far as to say it would have been best as a vehicle pack. Like the warthogs and Knight Rider cars. I obviously understand that that would probably cost way more than it would sell, but lets just really think about the possibility of minimate full mech suits for a second.

I just envisioned myself dying happy. I would like to die happy.

A friend of mine made a suggestion about Tron a day ago in going so far as to say it would have been best as a vehicle pack. Like the warthogs and Knight Rider cars. I obviously understand that that would probably cost way more than it would sell, but lets just really think about the possibility of minimate full mech suits for a second.

I just envisioned myself dying happy. I would like to die happy.

There were going to be MAX mech suits, they showed them at Toyfair a year or two ago, but they didnt make it past protoyypes.

I know I'm a bit late, but I am a little disappointed we aren't getting a fourth wave that would cover the three remaining characters and perhaps some of the remaining alternative costumes. Am I right in thinking you used First Appearance/SF1 Ryu because of issues making Hsien and Tron or was it an idea you considered (doing the alternative costumes) that ultimatly got scrapped when the line didn't continue past wave 3? Also as a fan of Strider, Rocket Raccoon and Captain Commando I do wish the line would extend to UMvC3 (for the first two) and the earlier games (for CapCom) but I realise you can't always get what you want. At least we got the three awesome waves, some great characters like Dante and Viewtiful Joe and the upcoming SF x Tekken line.

Zach - you meantioned that Shuma was 'feasible'. Does this bode well for him/her/it ever being released in the regular Marvel line (Specialty or TRU)?

To be honest, I forgot he was a Marvel character. You should Ask DST!

I know I'm a bit late, but I am a little disappointed we aren't getting a fourth wave that would cover the three remaining characters and perhaps some of the remaining alternative costumes. Am I right in thinking you used First Appearance/SF1 Ryu because of issues making Hsien and Tron or was it an idea you considered (doing the alternative costumes) that ultimatly got scrapped when the line didn't continue past wave 3? Also as a fan of Strider, Rocket Raccoon and Captain Commando I do wish the line would extend to UMvC3 (for the first two) and the earlier games (for CapCom) but I realise you can't always get what you want. At least we got the three awesome waves, some great characters like Dante and Viewtiful Joe and the upcoming SF x Tekken line.

No, I think we made 1st App Ryu because we thought it would be a popular figure, and this would be our only opportunity to do it. If we'd gotten the Ultimate stuff worked out in time, we might have done a Wave 4, but at this point the only new characters in it would be pretty obscure ones. Also, the game is getting old. SFxT is where it's at!

Zach - you meantioned that Shuma was 'feasible'. Does this bode well for him/her/it ever being released in the regular Marvel line (Specialty or TRU)?

To be honest, I forgot he was a Marvel character. You should Ask DST!

To say he's obscure is an understatement. He's a very minor demon, a fallen old God, with maybe three appearances to his credit. How he made it into a game in the first place is a minor miracle and by far his biggest claim to fame.

I've never seen Shuma outside of the games either.. in fact, I don't know anyone that chooses him as a regular fighter in the game.. I'm thinking he is a pet project of some Capcom programmer.. or they keep putting him in for the "weird" factor.

I think he was included for the sake of fighting style diversity. Although - Capcom do seem to have a fondness for including obscure, 'less than classic', or untypical of fighting style game characters. Shuma, Marrow, Rocket Racoon, MODOK. I can't wait to see what wackiness is included in the next incarnation of the game. Lackjaw? BirdBrain, perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...