Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kang. who wants that guy?

Couldn't agree more :D

Can anyone tell me if we've had announcements about further downloadable characters? I'd love to see Cable, Psylocke, Dhalsim etc . . .

I check various fighting game blogs for latest news and have still heard nothing about any more DLC (not sure if the costumes are even out yet). Personally I'm hoping for Talbon (MvC3 badly needs a Brit in the roster) so we can FINALLY get him as a minimate.

On a VERY slightly related topic . . .

Does anyone know anything about more downloadable content? I was really hoping we'd see a bit more than just a few extra costumes & the Jill/Shuma pack.

Can anyone tell me if we've had announcements about further downloadable characters? I'd love to see Cable, Psylocke, Dhalsim etc . . .

I heard they're holding out additional characters for Super Marvel v. Capcom 3. No joke.

av-20.jpg+av-1316.jpg =4199289-right-on-the-nose.jpg

Man, I suck at this game! I want to say it is the MODOK P2 variant, MODAM, but I am not sure...

MODAMSelecton.jpg

If you look at what the picture of the little girl is saying, it means we have it right on the nose. Methinks there isn't much more to that picture than meets the eye... If there is, I guess I'm not mastering the hints. :(

I heard they're holding out additional characters for Super Marvel v. Capcom 3. No joke.

&%$*k you, Capcom.

I do remember hearing about that as well actually...

If they add in Captain Commando, Strider, Hayato, classic or X version of Mega Man, Talbon or someone from Onimusha, I WILL give them my money :P

I do remember hearing about that as well actually...

If they add in Captain Commando, Strider, Hayato, classic or X version of Mega Man, Talbon or someone from Onimusha, I WILL give them my money :P

On the other side folks like Falcon, Vision, Rouge, and Cyclops all have several unique yet similar looks that would work well in the game visually. And yes, long asked for folks like Toad, Pyro, Blob, and Kang would be cool too. I wouldn't mind a few odd-ball, yet workable for a fighting game choices like Batroc, Hand Ninja, Ulik the Rock Troll or the Wendigo.

Personally I view this licence more as a way to get obscure (non SF2 characters, Darkstalkers' characters, Hayato etc.) and classic Capcom characters (CapCom, Stider, Mega Man etc.) as opposed to the Marvel characters we could get (ignoring the fact my wish list comprises of characters who weren't added and will probably never get included...).

Don't get me wrong; characters like M.O.D.O.K and Dormamu are great additions and I'm happy for an update of Super Skrull and Taskmaster but frankly I couldn't care less which Marvel character we get (outside of obscure characters who get reference in P2 pallets that allow someone we'd otherwise probably never see (Doom 2099 anyone?)) as we have the main Marvel line. For me it's all about the Capcom characters :D

Edited by pawcanada

I just want Dan Hibiki to be made...somehow. Did those protos ever make it out? I would freakin' DIE if I got that one!

Also I'm praying Gambit makes a return to MvC, along with Cable and Cyclops. They can nerf Cable all they want I just want my favorite characters in it.

Also...they should add Gladiator just so we can get a Minimate. He is overdue.

I just want Dan Hibiki to be made...somehow. Did those protos ever make it out? I would freakin' DIE if I got that one!

I second that. But I would kill get that prototype in my collection. Now I know who would gladly sacrifice himself for the cause. :tongue:

On the other side folks like Falcon, Vision, :rolleyes: Rouge, :rolleyes: and Cyclops all have several unique yet similar looks that would work well in the game visually. And yes, long asked for folks like Toad, Pyro, Blob, and Kang would be cool too. I wouldn't mind a few odd-ball, yet workable for a fighting game choices like Batroc, Hand Ninja, Ulik the Rock Troll or the Wendigo.

There are some things that I just can't let go.

:rolleyes: Rouge, :rolleyes:

There are some things that I just can't let go.

Could be arthritis. They make a variety of medications for that. (stoopid spellchecker)

BHM :stick: MM

Is that a thing? Did they do that with the last 2 MVC games? I only have MVC2 for PS2 and i think it's the standard edition. (i'm not a big gamer, so i'm not very savy when it comes to gaming info)

Is that a thing? Did they do that with the last 2 MVC games? I only have MVC2 for PS2 and i think it's the standard edition. (i'm not a big gamer, so i'm not very savy when it comes to gaming info)

Well it's a running joke in the Street Fighter community that a thousand sequels will be made with new words. For instance:

Street Fighter II

Street Fighter II′: Champion Edition

Street Fighter II′: Hyper Fighting

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Hyper Street Fighter II

With 4, it went:

Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

They haven't done it with MvC before, but I believe they announced there would be a super MvC3.

You lucky son of a fish. That game is insanely hard to find.

No I think they only made one for MVC2 mostly due to the licensing issues that kept us from MVC3 for so long. They barely had time for PS2's MVC2 release and only got a limited number of copies out.

No I think they only made one for MVC2 mostly due to the licensing issues that kept us from MVC3 for so long. They barely had time for PS2's MVC2 release and only got a limited number of copies out.

I have a copy myself ;)

I have a copy myself ;)

GAH! I didn't even KNOW about it back then...

Anyway... This second series of minimates isn't blowing my mind yet. The TRU ones should be better, but I really wish the Spider-Man Wolverine ones were the comic shop exclusive. The only one that wows me out of these is Super Skrull.

I want that Amaterasu! He should go with Thor if rivalries are accurate...

It was hard to find here too. I've never seen a 2nd hand copy of it sell for under $100. I saw a copy on eBay for like $40 with Buy it Now & i pounced. It's provided me with some jolly good fun.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing some of the characters from this one get released as well (if the line gets that far!). It'd be great to see Guile, Blanka etc . . . finally get a chance at release.

PS: Many thanks for explaining the in joke JohnnyOnTheSpot. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Haha no problem man. Also, I'm sure this will make everyone feel better...I went to Gamestop to look for MvC2 a few years after it came out and got laughed out of the store. I walked to my best friend's house and his little brother asked me if I wanted this crappy game for free. It was MvC2. Booyah.

MODOK and Dormammu are my only two must haves, but the quality of what I've seen has at least intrigued me enough to consider picking up the rest despite having no fondness for the characters. DST can do really good work when motivated.