UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

I am quietly confident that DST are being tricky/smart-@sses here.

The question was quite specifically 'is there going to be a 2 series of thor minimates?'

There wont be a 2nd series . . . but i'll eat Ady's hat if there isn't box set exclusive somewhere down the line (like @ SDCC).

I'd put money on a 'Destroyer Battle Box Set'. While i'd LOVE to see Hogun, Fandral and PU Thor & Heimdall, i'm guessing Heimdall will be left out in favour Battle Damage Destroyer or some such thing <_<

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind Loki had two different costumes in the movie - the gold one with helmet, his "Royal costume"; and the green one without helmet that he slummed it up in. For some reason if we get a boxset I imagine it being Hogun, Fandral, some Thor, and that second Loki instead of Heimdall :unsure:

I understand that it would be impractical to make every single character from every movie, and they don't want to run the risk of over-extending themselves in the process, but sometimes you have to wonder why they draw the line so close to the finish.

We got two waves of Spider-Man 3 when they barely had enough characters to fill them without about 5 variations of Spider-Man, but since then they've played on the conservative side. We missed out on the main villain from Iron Man 2 (but at least we got battle damaged versions of the heroes...sort of <_< ) and now we'll have Thor with an army of Frost Giants and Asgardians, so long as none of them have names. Seems to me they could just produce the last sets and mix them in with other last sets or just add them to the comic assortment. They had Hulk, Punisher, and Iron Man sets in the early TRU assortments, so I don't see why it would be a problem to do it now. Is it cost prohibitive? They've said in past Q&As that tooling doesn't seem to be that big a deal and that new parts are actually cheaper than layers of paint.

Oh, and if we're doing a woulda/coulda/shoulda box set, how are they going to fit the entire Ghost Rider wave, as well as the missing X-Men into one box with Heimdall, the Warriors 3, and Whiplash?

I think one big potential reason for leaving Whiplash Pt. 2 and some of the Thor characters out is that you don't know a characters' relative importance until you can actually see the film (which is well after the figures have been decided upon and entered the process of being made). Particularly Whiplash, since it was a pretty well kept secret prior to the film being released, but possibly also with Heimdall. As for only one of the Warriors 3. . .not sure I can explain that one. I just have to assume that they are gonna get released somehow, someway.

I think one big potential reason for leaving Whiplash Pt. 2 and some of the Thor characters out is that you don't know a characters' relative importance until you can actually see the film (which is well after the figures have been decided upon and entered the process of being made). Particularly Whiplash, since it was a pretty well kept secret prior to the film being released, but possibly also with Heimdall. As for only one of the Warriors 3. . .not sure I can explain that one. I just have to assume that they are gonna get released somehow, someway.

For sure, and I think that Heimdall is in the same boat as Armored Whiplash for it. In previews and stills, it looked like Heimdall just kind of stood there, whereas there were shots of the Warriors 3 in a little more action. It's understandable, and I can't cry foul over it, only wish that we got those characters. (I'll be surprised if we don't get Hogun and Fandrall in an SDCC set.) I think there's a big difference between Heimdall or Armored Whiplash and the Ghostrider 'mates. Those first two characters had designs/roles/etc beyond what could have been predicted. With Ghostrider, though, there was a calculated (and understandable) decision not to release them.

• 3 weeks later...
What's the deal with the Frost Giants?

I know right . . . there were no lady-giants in that film, yet there was a frost giant baby? How did this happen?

Are the forst Giants more progressive than we gave them credit for? Did baby frost have 2 daddies? Was he adopted or did they find him in the icicle patch outside? :tongue:

I know right . . . there were no lady-giants in that film, yet there was a frost giant baby? How did this happen?

Are the forst Giants more progressive than we gave them credit for? Did baby frost have 2 daddies? Was he adopted or did they find him in the icicle patch outside? :tongue:

Lol you snake. Now tell me how to purchase them hahahaha.

Maybe they can change their sex, like West African frogs...and the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. ;)

In case you missed it in the ASKDST thread, Hogun and Fandrell were meant for a big retail store that hit financial problems (I'm guessing it begins with a "B" and ends in an "orders"), so now it looks like they're not going to be joining us. :sad:

Not trying to rag on DST, but I think it's pretty foolish to set aside two members of a three person group for a retail store that does not specialize in that sort of merchandise, especially when one member does get released as a seperate exclusive. If we got none of the Warriors Three, it would have been disappointing but understandable, not everyone gets made. But to get 1/3? That just sucks. They should have given this retail chain powered up Thor and an Asgardian, that would have been far less disappointing.