UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

DSC06687.jpg

The OMG Thor is a woman & Cleanshaven Volstagg 2-pack strikes again!

Now the REAL question is... next time I go back to Toys R Us, will the one I returned with the missing feet be back on the shelf with the package taped shut again.

**This spot reserved for poor soul that next gets the Feetless Volstagg**

:(

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the REAL question is... next time I go back to Toys R Us, will the one I returned with the missing feet be back on the shelf with the package taped shut again.

I've seen this happen at least twice. Once I returned a Power Ranger whose light up feature wasn't working, found it back on the shelf with the bubble taped back onto the card days later. Once I returned a board game with a hole (punched/dented/stabbed?) in the front of the box cover. I noticed the hole before I even removed the shrinkwrap, so exchanged it fully shrinkwrapped for a new one. Found the one with hole in the cover back on the shelf days later. lol...

"Someone returned this merchandise defective." "Does it look defective at a glance?" "No" "Well then put it back on the shelf fool! We can still sell that thing!"

It happens. I once bought a messed up DVD from Half Price Books, and after returning it, they put it right back on the shelf. You'd think they would just toss it out, or something.

What's real bad about this mixing up with the two exclusive packs is that its made its way to the stores. I found a Sif & Vostagg pack with Civilian Thor & Guard figures in the pack IN THE STORE. I had thought someone had swapped them, although I didn't understand why. Now, I've realized it was the company's fault. What is going on here?

I don't blame TRU for this. Does anyone really expect them to check all of their product that comes into their warehouse or stores to make sure it's really what they ordered from DST? This is a factory screw up and I don't expect anyone at TRU to catch this kind of stuff (unless they're a Minimate fan).

It's a sad day when I'm defending TRU...

What's real bad about this mixing up with the two exclusive packs is that its made its way to the stores. I found a Sif & Vostagg pack with Civilian Thor & Guard figures in the pack IN THE STORE. I had thought someone had swapped them, although I didn't understand why. Now, I've realized it was the company's fault. What is going on here?

I saw the same thing at my TRU. Found a fresh wave, and one of the sif 2packs had the civy thor/asgardian mates in it, even though they were factory sealed. I guess it makes sense for quality control to be iffy since theyre probably over producing these (since it's a movie wave)

I finally went through the 9-10 sets of TRU exclusive I picked up for different members and none had the wrong characters in the packaging (all from TRU.com). What I did get was a Lady Sif who's chest block was backwards though. It's not a very flattering look for her.

added some hair to Odin and Loki, Odins locks are not 100% movie accurate but as close as i had in my parts bin

odinhair.jpg

What hair piece did you use for Loki? I don't feel like looking through the Minimate database.

I finally went through the 9-10 sets of TRU exclusive I picked up for different members and none had the wrong characters in the packaging (all from TRU.com). What I did get was a Lady Sif who's chest block was backwards though. It's not a very flattering look for her.

I've now seen several Loki/Odin in Thor/Destroyer boxes major packaging mistakes with this wave :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I finally completed a set of all the Thor moviemates (thanks Luke!) and opened them all up this afternoon (regular wave with a few extra tropp builder sets from an LCS, TRU exclusive and an army dump).

Very disappointed. :sad:

As to the QC issues, the Sif I got that was packaged backward has a very loose arm now that I've switched her around and my Jane has two left arms and two right legs. And to answer the question I asked before, there's no difference between the army dump Royal Guard and the TRU version. And I don't know why, but I was under the impression that the army builder frost giant was different some how from the one in the army dump set, but it's the same. And it's really not that easy to mix and match parts between the two different versions to make unique looks. Had I figured it out before, I either wouldn't have bought a dump case or at the least I wouldn't have gotten a few extra army builder sets. It just seemed like a lot of missed opportunities on DST's part on this wave.

Edited by groundhog7s

So according to the Art Asylum production art we saw a while back, we know these 'mates were in the works:

Hogun

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Hogun.jpg

Fandral

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Fandral.jpg

Powered Up Thor

Marvel-Thor-Movie-Thor-Powered-Up.jpg

Provided they only do another Boxset, they could easily add Heimdall as the 4th character.

However, if TRU wants another wave, what other characters could they add?

-

Hawkeye

- Frigga