UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor movie minimates

minijeff

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm perhaps one of the few unfortunates on here that has noticed & cares about the 'botched up' packaging for the single packs?

Please elaborate...

Like I said ...it's perhaps just me. In their wisdom somebody has decided that the 'window' on the front of the package needed to be bigger although the single pack carton remains the same size. Nothing wrong with that idea & when you're designing it it probably works but it is nigh on impossible to die-cut an area of packaging & then expect to crease & fold within a couple of millimetres nearby to it. The packages are just about passable but the cut-out is too close to the top & to the sides of the package. I noticed that more than one ebay seller was describing the boxes as having faults & Bearing in mind I've received some from two different sources today it isn't a one-off. I'm well-aware that most people wouldn't give a stuff but it is a completely avoidable error which I would imagine will now show on the Cap singles as well.

.....& another thing.....all the packs are identical despite which character is included & in the past (other single packs) a little round sticker was placed over the checklist to correspond with the character enclosed . Not anymore ......now a red-marker pen is dobbed over the little white hexagon.

That'll save another couple of bucks.

are you saying they've made the cut out window too big, and it now leaves the box's structural integrity in question?

when you mentioned 'botched up', I was imagining a black Thor, or wearing shades or something

They've made the cut-out window too big and it now leaves the box's structural integrity in question.

Regards Thor being botched up...........

....you tried to be funny, entirely missed the mark... that's plain as day. On top of that, you cowardly tried and back out and turn it around... poor form.

:lol:

Forgive me I just can't help myself at times :tongue:

I hate you, but yeah... I did think you meant a problem with the actual printing, spelling or colour, etc.

ugh... that guy

bilbo - I was watching BSG a few weeks ago, and remember seeing Tigh when he was all beardy weirdy, thinking 'he's the Odin Shockini'

I scored 2 of the 25th annivesary BTTF sets today and put one of Doc Brown's hairpieces on my Odin minimate and you know what? It looks pretty darn good. So if anybody is kind of miffed that the Odin and Loki 2-pack didn't come with spare hairpieces, Doc Brown's hairpiece is a great substitute for Mr Hopkins.

Here are some pics. Enjoy!

th_Odin001.jpgth_Odin002.jpgth_Odin003.jpgth_Odin004.jpg

Maybe it's been asked or mentioned, but is the TRU Asgardian Guard exactly like the single pack version?

They look the same to me.

I grabbed an exclusive Civilian Thor pack from my local TRU. As soon as I get my package from the website, and can verify that I'm getting what I ordered, I'll have him available for anyone who wants him, but I'm gonna keep the extra Asgardian Guard.

I'm a huge proponent of adaptations sticking to certain elements of a character, like gender, hair color, age, & race. However, I love Idris Elba, and I hate racists :lol:, so I QCed myself a movieverse Heimdall:

DSC06686.jpg

I know he doesn't have a beard, but I don't want to alter my only BD Rhodey, and it'd be cool if we got an official one. Also swapped the other two Asgardian heads. I'll leave the stock head on the Guard that comes with my Civilian Thor.

Edited by TENIME_art

Called ahead to my closest store and while they did not have the wave in yet the woman offered to check other stores, several of which did have them in already, most with full waves. I called the closest wit ha full wave, and the woman who had to change phones 3 times because she could not understand went to find them; she came back with the Universe figures. Sigh. I decided to say "screw it" and drove out anyway, since they may have at least had them in the back.

I get there, and RIGHT UNDERNEATH the Universe Movie figures are the minimates. Or most of them; Civilian Thor/Asguardian and the rest were there, but my Sif packs were gone. Somewhere in that 30 minutes they sold, and if the woman had bothered to listen to the exact packs i described and looked right below them (Civilian was the first on the peg)i'd have Sif. Instead i went home without my most desired; Civilian is bittersweet, as he is a great figure, but i am just so disappointed.

I really didn't want to order her online because i'd like to judge the quality...sigh...the hunt continues

It's my biggest beef with retail employees. No one knows jacksh** about the products they work with. I was unemployed awhile back, and couldn't get hired at toy or movie(DVD) places that I could answer customer questions better than the people who were already working there could when I'd go in to fill out applications. <_<

I was surprised to find about half a case of these at my local TRU. They had one each of the exclusives, plus the Thor/Destroyer set. I don't think they had Odin/Loki.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since I was able to buy the exclusives from the website, and they always show up in my store if I can get them from the website.

WHAT THE F*CK, TRU.COM!?!? :verymad:

DSC06687.jpg

Boy, it's a good thing that I found another Sif pack in stores. Except, I bought that one to help someone out. So, now I have to screw them over or screw myself over.

I should probably contact the website's customer service & get an exchange, but I'd have to send this one back, some sites won't pay for shipping a return, what if they're out, what if the one they send me in exchange is the same way (this was factory sealed - the tape is in perfect condition), and...I'm just too f*cking angry about this to bother.

Anyone want some Civilian Thors? I've got two extras... :rolleyes:

Alright, stupid question, I know, but due to my circumstances I must ask...

Does Volstagg come with Feet? lol...

I just opened mine, bought him today, my TRU had what looked to be a full case on the shelf (12 packs, 2 of each exclusive) and he didn't have feet, so first I thought, "Aw damn! They screwed up!" but as I look at him in the package... it doesn't even look like there would be enough ROOM for feet to be attached at the bottom. His footless ankles come all the way down to the bottom of the plastic bubble... leaving no room for feet... so now I'm just... confused...

He has feet in every picture of him I can find on the internet... so I'm puzzled as to where mine are.

I've scrounged the rest of the box frontwards and back, and there are no feet inside to be found... I figured they might be taped inside somewhere, in a baggie... but turned up nothing.

So basically I'm asking like... where were his feet in your packages? Is mine a factory defect, or did they just hide these things somewhere I'm completely oblivious too? lol...

Are they supposed to be attached to him? Are they supposed to be inside a baggie in the box?

I'm just assuming there should have been some feet in this package somewhere that I didn't end up getting... so now I have to go back to TRU tomorrow and hope the Volstagg and Sif set I DIDN'T buy, is still on the rack... and hasn't sold in the 24 hours that passed since I left it there. /facepalm

And if it is still there I have to hope that one... ya'know... still HAS feet...

Edited by Gillbob316

Alright, stupid question, I know, but due to my circumstances I must ask...

Does Volstagg come with Feet? lol...

I just opened mine, bought him today, my TRU had what looked to be a full case on the shelf (12 packs, 2 of each exclusive) and he didn't have feet, so first I thought, "Aw damn! They screwed up!" but as I look at him in the package... it doesn't even look like there would be enough ROOM for feet to be attached at the bottom. His footless ankles come all the way down to the bottom of the plastic bubble... leaving no room for feet... so now I'm just... confused...

He has feet in every picture of him I can find on the internet... so I'm puzzled as to where mine are.

I've scrounged the rest of the box frontwards and back, and there are no feet inside to be found... I figured they might be taped inside somewhere, in a baggie... but turned up nothing.

So basically I'm asking like... where were his feet in your packages? Is mine a factory defect, or did they just hide these things somewhere I'm completely oblivious too? lol...

Are they supposed to be attached to him? Are they supposed to be inside a baggie in the box?

I'm just assuming there should have been some feet in this package somewhere that I didn't end up getting... so now I have to go back to TRU tomorrow and hope the Volstagg and Sif set I DIDN'T buy, is still on the rack... and hasn't sold in the 24 hours that passed since I left it there. /facepalm

And if it is still there I have to hope that one... ya'know... still HAS feet...

Yup, mine came with feet attached. Unfortunately I tossed the packaging, so I can't say if there was any oddness to the bubble mold. If it helps, his feet are a very very dark brown or black even, so it shouldn't be hard to find a spare mate with black feet to replace your missing ones.

WHAT THE F*CK, TRU.COM!?!? :verymad:

DSC06687.jpg

Boy, it's a good thing that I found another Sif pack in stores. Except, I bought that one to help someone out. So, now I have to screw them over or screw myself over.

I should probably contact the website's customer service & get an exchange, but I'd have to send this one back, some sites won't pay for shipping a return, what if they're out, what if the one they send me in exchange is the same way (this was factory sealed - the tape is in perfect condition), and...I'm just too f*cking angry about this to bother.

Anyone want some Civilian Thors? I've got two extras... :rolleyes:

Send it back. Contact customer service and be a polite bitch about how they erred, thus they will pay for shipping.

Just for the record...

I took my Volstagg and Sif back today and exchanged it. The other one was still there, so no problems. I asked the guy if he would mind if I opened the new one beforehand to verify he had feet (lol) and he said sure. He did. Yippie. All is well.

So the first one was just a screwup... missing his feet. (Wouldn't be the first time it's happened. I'm looking at YOU Modern Mandarin)

And yeah, the new one's feet were attached to his ankles... the weirdness with the plastic bubble I guess is just... weirdness with the plastic bubble... wherein Volstagg's feet don't fit exactly right, and he actually fits better without them, hehe...

Now the REAL question is... next time I go back to Toys R Us, will the one I returned with the missing feet be back on the shelf with the package taped shut again.

I've seen this happen at least twice. Once I returned a Power Ranger whose light up feature wasn't working, found it back on the shelf with the bubble taped back onto the card days later. Once I returned a board game with a hole (punched/dented/stabbed?) in the front of the box cover. I noticed the hole before I even removed the shrinkwrap, so exchanged it fully shrinkwrapped for a new one. Found the one with hole in the cover back on the shelf days later. lol...

"Someone returned this merchandise defective." "Does it look defective at a glance?" "No" "Well then put it back on the shelf fool! We can still sell that thing!"