• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so far we know

theres a spiderman and greengoblin pack

a pack with hulk

a pack with ironman

a pack with nimrod(or something related to nimrod)

this leaves us with 2 characters im hoping for a M.O.D.O.K. and classic machine man

Well, the two most logical, missing Minimates from that line up are Nighthawk and Hellcat.

Nimrod, Hellcat & Nighthawk being included would make this set a total win for me - even if i have to sit through 3 re-treads of already exhausted characters (Spiderman, Goblin & Hulk).

Still a loooooot of room in that lineup for wolverine...

*Sigh* that is true <_<

From Chuck:

Ok Minimate fans, one last hint for series 40, the marketing folks have found out what I am doing and shut me down. Mr. Sinister!

Not even DST employees follow Chuck on Twitter.

Anyway, that's not a hint - that's great news! I'd guess he'll come with a mutant - another Wolverine? Or do I dare hope for a new mutant?

Kind of off topic now, but I was wandering around the toy stores tonight, cursing all the Marvel Universe Iron Man figures. There's only one I would buy, and it was the only one I didn't see tonight: Iron Man 2020. And that got me to thinking that I'd like to get him as a Minimate, and that got me to thinking about how Iron Man 2020/Machine Man would make a natural pairing, so... what do you guys say? Iron Man 2020/Machine Man? Maybe?

For the record, I would love this two-pack. And a modern Machine Man in a NextWave box set.

Wow, this will be a weird pack-out:

Spidey/Goblin

Nimrod/Sinister

Iron Man (Thorbuster?)/???

Bulky Hulk/???

To my knowledge, Nimrod was always a single character, even though he was a future version of the Sentinels. There were never multiple Nimrod(s) shown at once, right?

If correct, this should mean that Iron Man and Hulk are packed with whatever Army Builder is included in this wave, if this wave does in fact contain an Army Builder. Sounds to me like it would be an Avengers related character, most likely Mandroids as others have mentioned, possibly SHIELD Agents although I would think we would get a new Fury, unless he is being saved for a TRU wave.

Mr. Sinister's good news. There's not a lot of X-Men related characters that I want to buy, but he's one of them.

I wonder at this point if they're abandoning the logical pairings template; I can't see Mr. Sinister and Nimrod packed together. Maybe Hulk/Nimrod and Iron Man/Sinister? Boy, that really doesn't make sense. :confused:

Wonder how they'll do Mr. Sinister's cape...

Otherwise, awesome news to be getting both him and Nimrod! XD If they make 90s Colossus, Forge, Banshee and BoM members Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, and Toad....my X-Men inner fanboy will be satisfied... (Though if we got 90s X-Factor as well I wouldn't mind...or an updated Mystique..or...or...)

Edited by MST3KFan

......... you could easily create Fabian Cortez, Chrome, Rem-Ram and/or Vindaloo for the guys plus Scanner, Unuscione, Static or Cargill for the ladies.

I couldn't believe there was a character name after my favourite curry.....but there is. :ohmy:

Apparently his powers are (& I quote Wiki ) to expel an amorphous flammable gel through his pores that ignites in the air & can be directed as blasts ....... :ermm:

I can do similar once I've digested a Vindaloo although the gel :sick: isn't expelled in quite the same manner .

Somebody was having a good old laugh when they came up with that name....priceless :lol:

Edited by buttheadsmate

so im guessing the line up is

spiderman/greengoblin

hulk/ironmman(most likely thorbuster since we already have hulkbuster)

mr sinister/nimrod sentinal

aoa sinister/nimrod sentinal

That seems like a solid guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWH Hulkbuster suit.

so im guessing the line up is

spiderman/greengoblin

hulk/ironmman(most likely thorbuster since we already have hulkbuster)

mr sinister/nimrod sentinal

aoa sinister/nimrod sentinal

That seems like a solid guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWH Hulkbuster suit.

WWH Iron Man/Hulked up Hulk with WWH accessories. Please oh please let this be what DST is doing.