UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force Boxset

minimadman

It's the return of the Julia Carpenter hair!

Still wish Fantomex had spot # 4 though. What, two established X-Men and Deadpool aren't A-list enough?

Less colorful Minimates is a step in the wrong direction, IMO.

Blame Marvel editorial, not DST. :P

Edited by NorthRaider

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it's nice to see some modern stuff mixed in once in a while, though I wouldn't have chosen this particular set. I mean, it's not like this book is such an amazing seller that Minimates from it are a must. Why X-Force and not, say, X-Factor?

That said, this is a really weak offering. Wolverine is awful; does he remind anyone else of this?

avengers-69-nighthawk.jpg

I do think it's nice to see some modern stuff mixed in once in a while, though I wouldn't have chosen this particular set. I mean, it's not like this book is such an amazing seller that Minimates from it are a must. Why X-Force and not, say, X-Factor?

That said, this is a really weak offering. Wolverine is awful; does he remind anyone else of this?

avengers-69-nighthawk.jpg

That suck Wolverine well, sucks.

A Nighthawk would be the best!

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon these could be a bit of a dark horse (no pun intended) & I quite like them.

The potted description of Psylocke's character on the reverse of the pack was initially a struggle until I substituted the word 'mediating' to 'meditating' thence finally to 'meditate' & things began to become a little clearer . :turned:

I wonder how easy it would be to turn this archangel into his original X-Force costume. shouldn't be that hard.

Is the one we got not his original x-force costume?

yes i think it's the uncanny x-force not x-force. I'll have to check

I'd be curious to see a side-by-side pic of the two different costumes.

I've been reading both modern x-force & the first two issues of UXF & haven't really noticed a difference in the costumes. Might have to pull out all the modern x-force stuff and see if i can get a good picture of his costume.

Yeah, it is a bit different. His first X-Force costume was basically just a black and gray/silver version of the pink and blue one he wore in X-Factor. The newer one (the version in this box set) has more of a raised metal ribbed look with a somewhat different pattern.

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, it is a bit different. His first X-Force costume was basically just a black and gray/silver version of the pink and blue one he wore in X-Factor. The newer one (the version in this box set) has more of a raised metal ribbed look with a somewhat different pattern.

Yeah it's more of a leathery goth look. Long ago I made custom archangel I should just do another one in black and white.

wait... are Havok and Polaris joining X-Force?

I thought this was supposed to be a slim, trim hit squad with the X-Universe's stone cold killers. I feel like it loses credibility when it just becomes the new "it" team with all of the cool kids. I mean, come on, everyone isn't jaded by Xavier's dream and willing to fight their personal demons while crossing lines that others won't blah blah blah...

Edited by Lobsterman

I thought this was supposed to be a slim, trim hit squad with the X-Universe's stone cold killers. I feel like it loses credibility when it just becomes the new "it" team with all of the cool kids. I mean, come on, everyone isn't jaded by Xavier's dream and willing to fight their personal demons while crossing lines that others won't blah blah blah...

I read the first 3 issues of this title. Neither Havok, nor Polaris have shown up. Since they are both in their classic duds and not Black&Grey uniforms, I imagine they might be introduced later as peripheral characters rather than members of 'X-Men Death Squad'.

God, seeing that art just makes me want that Fantomex minimate more.

I read the first 3 issues of this title. Neither Havok, nor Polaris have shown up. Since they are both in their classic duds and not Black&Grey uniforms, I imagine they might be introduced later as peripheral characters rather than members of 'X-Men Death Squad'.

It's been a while since I've caught up on comic events, but here's my question: what the heck happened to Rachel?

The rumor going around is that Polaris might become a Horseman of Apocalypse again, or that the X-Force team would somehow interact with the lost in space Starjammers (Polaris, Havok, and Rachel Summers) heres hoping that we see them soon.

SPOILERS

As for what happened to Rachel, Alex and Lorna: the three of them along with Corsair and the Starjammers tried stopping Vulcan and Deathbird from taking over the Shi'ar throne, they then helped the Inhumans and the Kree during the War of Kings event, fought Darkhawk after the murder of Lilandra, and after that they departed for Earth (which put them into Comics Limbo).

Edited by gilltron

It honestly surprises me still that this X-Force 4-pack isn't one to complete the previous team. I mean we have Wolverine, X-23, and Warpath in their outfits. We'd just need Domino, Archangel, Wolfsbane, and Elixir or Vanisher... Easy completeion of the team right there.