UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force Boxset

minimadman

I read the first 3 issues of this title. Neither Havok, nor Polaris have shown up. Since they are both in their classic duds and not Black&Grey uniforms, I imagine they might be introduced later as peripheral characters rather than members of 'X-Men Death Squad'.

I still don't know what to make of the quote the writer made regarding Havok and Polaris.

3) Considering that Polaris was once a Horseman (i.e. she has ties to Apocalypse) AND the fact that she and Havok were in one of the variant covers AND that both characters were last seen in space (where X-Force is right now), should I be hoping for a Polaris sighting somewhere in the future?

I'll just put a pin in this one right now. I love the characters, but I don't think that you should hold your breath to see Havok or Polaris in the pages of "X-Force" anytime soon.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=29897

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a non-Minimate-related note: three issues in, I'm really hating Uncanny X-Force. I don't like the pinks, light blues or lime greens in the colors, and I don't like that they're "in space".

I was hoping Psylocke would join them, and was excited when it happened, but in the process, we lost every other original member (besides the 2), and it went from "gritty, dark, X-Men hitsquad" to a bright, broad "comic booky comic book".

I can't wait for the Minimates (even if we should've gotten Fantomex instead of another Wolverine), but I'm gonna give the comic one more issue before dropping it like a bad habit. Blegh.

Bring back Kyle & Yost, Crain/Choi/or someone along those lines (this new guy's art isn't terrible, but the color is garbage, and even without it, I can't really see him doing something "dark"), and Warpath/X23/Wolfsbane/Domino/Elixir/Vanisher (his "death" was never conclusive, not to mention, even if it was, such a thing is never permanent in comics), keep Psylocke and maybe Deadpool (but turn his white costume into the same dark grey as Wolverine's).

On a non-Minimate-related note: three issues in, I'm really hating Uncanny X-Force.

I'm kind of in the same boat and not liking the book as much as I thought but am really excited for the box set.

The lineup is appealing and the story sounds intriguing. But when I actually read it, it just feels kind of flat. I'm not saying it's bad but it's not for me, like Grant Morrison's stuff. I mean, I really want to like Uncanny X-Force, but it seems like it might be better for me to read this as a collected edition just so I can be satisfied enough getting the entire story arc. But going through the current series issue by issue is making me lose interest. Plus, I think I like Deadpool only by Daniel Way.

I really wish they'd put more thoughts into the lineups as of late, at least give us one new character please. I'm sure Fantomex will show up at some point, and I'll pick this up to have the team, but I'm not excited about it, it's just something I'll do.

Remind me again how it makes more sense to put out a boxset with no new characters but we still haven't got the Wrecking Crew? If the argument is "No one will buy four characters they've never heard of" remind me who is clamoring to buy a boxset with four characters they already own?

• 3 weeks later...
Packaged pics were released on Dec 27th. It usually takes 5-6 weeks after that for an item to be released. Which puts the release date in mid-Feb.

Looks like you are dead on. Diamond Selects facebook page just posted that they are due in stores on 2/16

Does that mean I win a million dollars?? How about a nice chesterfield or an ottoman? A K-car or a nice reliant automobile?

Packaged pics were released on Dec 27th. It usually takes 5-6 weeks after that for an item to be released. Which puts the release date in mid-Feb.

Looks like you are dead on. Diamond Selects facebook page just posted that they are due in stores on 2/16

Does that mean I win a million dollars?? How about a nice chesterfield or an ottoman? A K-car or a nice reliant automobile?

But not a real green dress. That's cruel.

Has anybody picked this set up today? If yes, can we get a quick frist impression overview?

this is for speciality stores correct? if so ill try and pick it up tonight even though we will probably have pics by then

Picked up the set at lunch. First impression for me is that they are a nice looking set except for Wolverine, who is a complete waste. I would have been totally fine with the wave 29 (TRU wave 4) one we already had. The new mask is just weird looking. Also think it's odd that we they didn't put in a flight stand for Archangel, any guns for Deadpool or even regular hands for Wolverine. You get 3 swords (two are already in Deadpool's back) a pink blast (already on Psylocke's hand) and Wolverine's hairpiece. Archangel is the standout of the set for me.

post-2836-1297882728_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1297882750_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1297882767_thumb.jpg

post-2836-1297882780_thumb.jpg

thanks for the pics! :D i still want these even though im pissed abotu wolvie and im sad that i wont be getting any extra guns from this. archangel is a masterpeice and im super excited that his wing harness is all black.

Thank God DST scrapped using the Mephisto clawed hands for Archangel (like the prototype had back at SDCC). Agreed that Wolverine is a waste of a mate. Compared to the original XF Wolvie, the new one looks to be a step in the wrong direction. He's much clunkier looking with those giant boots and gauntlet pieces. And the nose... well we all thought that was a big no no.

On a funnier note thelink, your blue Archangel looks like he's got to go pee real bad. LOL.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I wa always going to pick up this set, but they look so much better in hand than I was expecting. Archangel and Psylocke look awesome and I am even liking the Deadpool mate. Wolvie on the other hand.....just, no. Fantomex better not be a nightmare to pick up.

Would still like a Vanisher, Wolfsbane, Domino from the earlier line-up. Maybe even Elixir and Cypher in their X-Force uniforms. I can hope!

Thank God DST scrapped using the Mephisto clawed hands for Archangel (like the prototype had back at SDCC). Agreed that Wolverine is a waste of a mate. Compared to the original XF Wolvie, the new one looks to be a step in the wrong direction. He's much clunkier looking with those giant boots and gauntlet pieces. And the nose... well we all thought that was a big no no.

On a funnier note thelink, your blue Archangel looks like he's got to go pee real bad. LOL.

You're right about my blue Archangel...I pulled him off a flight stand for the picture and didn't straighten out his legs.

Can you believe after all that time without an Angel of any kind, this is now the 7th one in the last 3 years or so?