UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force Boxset

minimadman

Thank God DST scrapped using the Mephisto clawed hands for Archangel (like the prototype had back at SDCC). Agreed that Wolverine is a waste of a mate. Compared to the original XF Wolvie, the new one looks to be a step in the wrong direction. He's much clunkier looking with those giant boots and gauntlet pieces. And the nose... well we all thought that was a big no no.

On a funnier note thelink, your blue Archangel looks like he's got to go pee real bad. LOL.

You're right about my blue Archangel...I pulled him off a flight stand for the picture and didn't straighten out his legs.

Can you believe after all that time without an Angel of any kind, this is now the 7th one in the last 3 years or so?

i still want an avenging angel minimate ;)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home and am having a close look at these guys. I noticed that both Archangel and Psylocke have the new crotch piece (missing the overhang in the back), similar to wave 37 Warpath. The unfortunate side to this new piece is that the leg pegs are very short, so there is very little wiggle room when the legs are on. The legs pretty much just move up and down and cannot be splayed outward or inward.

That Wolverine looks worse than I thought it would. It's not a total waste, though. I plan on putting the boots and gauntlets on Warpath to help bulk him up. A bit of a bummer that this set is so lacking in accessories. Wolverine's new mask definitely was not worth the tooling costs. We've had, what, 6 Wolverine masks now? This one is the worst. Ah well. Like I said, I'll be happy to bulk up Warpath. Thanks for the pics.

Just got home and am having a close look at these guys. I noticed that both Archangel and Psylocke have the new crotch piece (missing the overhang in the back), similar to wave 37 Warpath. The unfortunate side to this new piece is that the leg pegs are very short, so there is very little wiggle room when the legs are on. The legs pretty much just move up and down and cannot be splayed outward or inward.

Why have DST fixed something that wasn't broke? Is this just standardisation with the Halo line ,the line that as far as I can see won't be with us for long?

Why have DST fixed something that wasn't broke? Is this just standardisation with the Halo line ,the line that as far as I can see won't be with us for long?

Don't get me wrong BHM, the crotch piece does not look like like the ones the HALO mates sport. It still is a standart "T" shaped crotch piece, it's just the overhang bit in the back that's missing.

Can you believe after all that time without an Angel of any kind, this is now the 7th one in the last 3 years or so?

I guess they're really getting their money back on the wing sculpts...

Someone help me out here: I haven't picked up any of the comics, so I don't know how accurate this is, but - I noticed that everyone's costume is made up of black and grey, except for Angel, who is black and silver. I'm assuming it's like that with purposeful relevance to the comic?

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 17 2011, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone help me out here: I haven't picked up any of the comics, so I don't know how accurate this is, but - I noticed that everyone's costume is made up of black and grey, except for Angel, who is black and silver. I'm assuming it's like that with purposeful relevance to the comic?

It's really not - i think the costume just changed when a new artist took over. He originally wore a grey & black version of the suit Apocalypse gave him - there's been no explanation (that i know of) for the change to this black & silver one.

That Wolverine looks worse than I thought it would. It's not a total waste, though. I plan on putting the boots and gauntlets on Warpath to help bulk him up. A bit of a bummer that this set is so lacking in accessories. Wolverine's new mask definitely was not worth the tooling costs. We've had, what, 6 Wolverine masks now? This one is the worst. Ah well. Like I said, I'll be happy to bulk up Warpath. Thanks for the pics.

Excellent idea! Thank you! I might do the same, if you don't mind. ;)

Picked up the set at lunch. First impression for me is that they are a nice looking set except for Wolverine, who is a complete waste. I would have been totally fine with the wave 29 (TRU wave 4) one we already had. The new mask is just weird looking. Also think it's odd that we they didn't put in a flight stand for Archangel, any guns for Deadpool or even regular hands for Wolverine. You get 3 swords (two are already in Deadpool's back) a pink blast (already on Psylocke's hand) and Wolverine's hairpiece. Archangel is the standout of the set for me.

Now people have a use for the regular black hands that were packed with Brown Wolverine in TRU wave 9. Very sneaky DST.

:lol: Mine, too. Had to wipe her down at least twice with a tissue.

And, yeah, Deadpool should come with at least one gun, since he has an empty holster on the back of his belt... <_<

I know it's not the "good X-Force" costume, but I am in love with Archangel. He looks so bad@$$ swooping over the rest of my team (using the "swoosh" flight stand from Thor/Magneto).

I also gave Warpath the big boots/gauntlets from that AWFUL Wolverine (and gave the original Wolvie the new one's belt) to give him some bulk. Looks good.

I also gave Betsy the clear pink sword from the Jim Lee one. I wish their skintones were comparable, because I'd rather use the other head. I think it's prettier. shrugshoulders.gif

has anybody else ordered this set from bbts, cuz i did & i haven't heard anything from them, and they've been out a few weeks right?

Mine processed and is sitting in my pile of loot right now. I'm waiting until the Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn gets processed in my pile of loot to get everything shipped.

has anybody else ordered this set from bbts, cuz i did & i haven't heard anything from them, and they've been out a few weeks right?

Yeah I ordered mine almost the day they were put up and I still don't have them confirmed yet. I am a little more than annoyed.

Yeah I ordered mine almost the day they were put up and I still don't have them confirmed yet. I am a little more than annoyed.

Yeah I'm having the same issue with BBTS. I emailed them and received a generic email response saying that they had not received their stock from the distributor. Pretty irritating.