UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the nonshortpacks yesterday in Memphis, TN. I was very disappointed with the lack of detailing on the Thing's arms and back of head. This is one phoned in figure because of that.

I'm also concerned that I haven't heard back from my TRU.com order by getting some type of confirmation in my email for the order I placed yesterday morning.

I think the Mole Man will look pretty good with a hobbit cape and look forward to trying it out.

i found all of 'em except the invisible woman/mole man 2-pack today. nice lookin' toys!

shout out to pavehawk: did you score on the latest TRU 'mates, bro? how did ya do this time? (i found mine at the TRU on dixie highway)

I looked last week and this week at the outer loop store with no luck.......so I ordered them off TRU.com. Hopefully have them by next week.

Just got around to opening these – what a completely satisfying wave! Great updates for these characters. I know a lot of people wanted to see the blue and white costumes, but I think these modern ones are nice to have, too.

One of my favorite pieces from this wave is the dreadlocks hairpiece for the Atlantean Soldier. It works great for 90's Bishop, and it gives me hope they might release a Doctor Voodoo. I can't think of any other character with that particular hairstyle they'd be able to reuse this piece for.

Got these today. I like the new get-ups that Reed and Sue are wearing. Translucent Johnny Storm is pretty neat, too, and I was pleasantly surprised with how cool FA Doom is. However, the rest of them are pretty uninteresting to me, particularly Thing which is as horrible as I thought he would be. Glad to have an updated FF, though, so it's all good.

I'll definitely be using the dreads for Bishop.

Ya know, this has been bugging me for the past few days, bu i THINK i finally figured out why Sue has a "Flight Stand":

What if it's for the Force Shield she comes with?? As in putting the arm attachment on the Stand, and making a stand-alone Shield??? I think that sounds a lot more reasonable, and probably looks cleaner than it being on her arm awkwardly.

Can anyone post a pic??

Sue can actually "fly", or levitate really, using her force shield as a kind of floating platform. And they show her using the flight stand in the usual way in the TRU.com preview pics, so I imagine that's what it was intended for. Not that your idea might not look cool too...

With the old FF mates, I display Sue with arms outstretched and one shield on each arm, so it kind of looks like she's in the middle of forming a larger bubble around herself.

I picked up this wave yesterday at my local TRU, and I am really happy with most of them. I still prefer the original Human Torch though. He is one of my favorite minimates of all time, and when I swapped him out on my shelf, it just didn't look right.

I put the boots from Lady Loki on my Atlantean Soldiers, and I like them much better this way:

IMG_1968.jpg