UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 8 - FF!

minijeff

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found complete cases of these twice now, no one seems interested on buying them in my area. im not too big on FF so i keep passing them up, the reed and doom set is prolly the only one ill pick up, then when i see reed by his lonesome ill end buying the set :/

So I grabbed the Torch/Thing pack today, but someone found the Namor/Atlantean pack I hid, grrrr. Oh well. I hated how Thing looked so I made a bit of a modification:

post-560-1285610886_thumb.jpg

I ditched the torso extender, and trimmed the bottom of the chest piece. I think it looks much better, and this version will do for now until wave 37 hits.

BS

I ditched the torso extender, and trimmed the bottom of the chest piece. I think it looks much better, and this version will do for now until wave 37 hits.

BS

my tru ONLY had this pack. when i found it yesterday i was really upset and left. BUT of course i cam back for today and bought and am pretty happy but black sun is right Ben's height is wrong i was going to switch it for Powerhouse Thing's top.

I was lucky enough to find a friendly tru employee who called the other tru and got them to put the other packs on hold!

Those improvements to the Atlantian are really cool. Those additional parts could signify rank or something... I was planning on getting one of these guys for a Ronan custom but now I think Ill need an extra... Figures, I passed on this pack when I had them in my hands...

post-560-1285610886_thumb.jpg

BS

Wow - the orange od Bens body is much brighter than his head-piece & fists, isn't it?

I think that might be more because of the Dark Wash they used to fill in the grooves, but yea there is definitely a nasty discoloration there. Blacksun's fix makes it look SOOOO much better though!! THAT'S a nice Thing; not too bulky, not too thing, and not some horrid combo of the two. It's very nice; Wave 37 is MY personal favorite, but this quick fix makes it a nice substitute.

What that Thing would really benefit from (after the existing mod) is a repaint on the hat/hands making them brighter orange and ditching the wash for some painted lines.

It would look really "comic-y" which I think would be fun.

Edited by Shamrock

Quick question, is that Namor the same as The Defenders set? I saw these today and they look pretty cool. This might get me back in the game. I've been slacking and cutting back on things since my boy was born. Mainly been trying to play catch up on things. Sometimes it's a bit easier than trying to track things down at the time, since it feels like my area is just getting slammed with wave after wave of stuff.

Quick question, is that Namor the same as The Defenders set? I saw these today and they look pretty cool. This might get me back in the game. I've been slacking and cutting back on things since my boy was born. Mainly been trying to play catch up on things. Sometimes it's a bit easier than trying to track things down at the time, since it feels like my area is just getting slammed with wave after wave of stuff.

this name is not the same as the one from the Defenders set.

i went to my TRU today, and got excited when i saw the new Human Torch and Thing from and center on the rack. and another one behind it.... and then the rest were all left over Iron Man mates! i seriously think they brought the box out to put on the shelf, but ran out of room so put the rest back. but when i asked someone, he said they were all out on the shelves... again i was on my lunch break so didn't have time to deal with their dimness. but i shall be back!

Quick question, is that Namor the same as The Defenders set?

If you're asking if its the same character, then yes.

If you're asking if its the same Minimate, then no. They have the same costume, but the TRU one has the vest painted on, whereas it was a separate piece in the Defenders set. Also, this Namor comes with a trident and some "wings" under his arms.

I found the nonshortpacks yesterday in Memphis, TN.

At the Wolfchase TRU? I was out there today and found lots of Stiltman and Crimson Dynamo sets. It was a bit of a let down.

I was able to get the last one of the non-shortpacked FF ones. One Reed/Doom and one Torch/Thing. Other than that it was nothin' but the same stuff you saw for Marvel. They had the nonshortpacks for the Universal stuff too, but I left behind a couple of those a piece after getting what I wanted.

but when i asked someone, he said they were all out on the shelves... again i was on my lunch break so didn't have time to deal with their dimness. but i shall be back!

Standard Geoffrey spiel for 'I can't be f***ed to go and look, go away now'.